Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 54

Author Topic: Wikileaks guy arrested, Senator attempting retroactive law changing!  (Read 48815 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikileaks guy arrested, Senator attempting retroactive law changing!
« Reply #450 on: December 12, 2010, 07:04:22 pm »

I think they have to communicate somehow with outsiders to make more people aware.

I hope no one minds me posting this here.
http://dump.no/files/467072ba2a42/ANONOPS_The_Press_Release.pdf

The issue is there is no 'they.' Anyone who says it is from 'them' is just one more stupid three year old who thinks they are any sorta organazation.

wurli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 12, 2010, 07:30:04 pm »

The issue is there is no 'they.' Anyone who says it is from 'them' is just one more stupid three year old who thinks they are any sorta organazation.

aha
And without IRC channels and targets how is it possible to coordinate?
some kind of organization is necessary

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 12, 2010, 07:31:37 pm »

There could be a leader of some sort.

Just you wouldn't know, since they're anonymous.

Incidentally, how can you even make a press release speaking for them?  Google doc or something?

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 12, 2010, 07:38:01 pm »

Meh, attention whoring is easier than that (right coldblood?).  Just upload a pdf labeled "Press Release" to any file server and email some desperate "journalist" with the link.  I'm kind of surprised there haven't been more.

Oh, if I were on 4chan right now I'd totally see If I could get everyone to troll anonymous by doing exactly that thousands of times.  You know, for the lulz.
At last, she is done.

wurli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 12, 2010, 07:39:20 pm »

There could be a leader of some sort.

Just you wouldn't know, since they're anonymous.

Incidentally, how can you even make a press release speaking for them?  Google doc or something?

sorry if I haven't made myself clear
I have nothing to do with Anon
this was just a pdf that was posted on a blog about this whole mess
could haven been just trolling
could be legit
I don't know

Tyg13

• Bay Watcher
  • And then I was bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 12, 2010, 07:44:07 pm »

Serious thread derail. One moment we're debating whether Assange's head needs to removed, next we're on a subject that has some relevance to Wikileaks, but mostly just has to do with clashing ideologies.

*points to the top of screen* See that? It's doesn't say "Argue fruitlessly for little reason", and it seems to imply the discussion is about wikileaks.

Seriously though, I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'd just rather someone start a thread for these debates rather than derail someone else's.

(not that I haven't done it before :()

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 12, 2010, 08:15:18 pm »

I was thinking that those "Anonymous communique's" (for lack of a better term) represent anonymous insofar people pay them attention. This is to say: if you make a voicesynth video in the name of anonymous calling for, say, vote to send Justin Bierber to North Best Korea, then your communique is representative of anonymous position, but only insofar it finds an echo in the masses.

TL, DR: VOX POPULI, VOX DEI
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 12, 2010, 11:02:52 pm »

I was thinking that those "Anonymous communique's" (for lack of a better term) represent anonymous insofar people pay them attention. This is to say: if you make a voicesynth video in the name of anonymous calling for, say, vote to send Justin Bierber to North Best Korea, then your communique is representative of anonymous position, but only insofar it finds an echo in the masses.

That is shockingly deep, the longer I think about it the more I like it.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 13, 2010, 12:30:01 am »

Aye.

I vote nay by the way.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 13, 2010, 11:05:15 am »

However, that lack of organization also theoretically makes it extremely easy to infiltrate and set yourself up as a 'leader' (possibly due to a lack of a better organized 'leader' figure who has shown reasonable competence) when your true desire might be to deflect or manipulate the herd of cats. In this case, perhaps someone sending out press releases in order to influence the cohesion of the attacks if not stop them altogether. Whoever heard of 'official' Anonymous press releases? It's almost an oxymoron. Why would there ever need to be such a thing when you can read what they want you to on the internet anyways?
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 13, 2010, 11:07:05 am »

closest those guys have a organization built up is a bunch of random people in the same masks protesting at a spot, course some of those guys might not even do shit on the internet.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 13, 2010, 11:08:46 am »

But also, as i said, most of the mass of anonymous is terribly angry when people try to manipulate them in doing something ( Not your personnal army, etc). Trying that without the consensus would probably be very painfull for those trying

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: December 13, 2010, 12:57:21 pm »

There's been some talk of boycott as a legitimate method of protest.  Well, looks like Danielle Ellsberg is boycotting Amazon.com and recommends Powells.com among others instead.

I think I'm going to join in.  How about you?
At last, she is done.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: December 14, 2010, 11:10:02 am »

Julian Assange granted bail.
Well, that probably didn't work, what will them try next?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/blog/2010/dec/14/wikileaks-julian-assange-court-appeal-live-updates
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: December 14, 2010, 12:07:20 pm »

There's been some talk of boycott as a legitimate method of protest.  Well, looks like Danielle Ellsberg is boycotting Amazon.com and recommends Powells.com among others instead.

I think I'm going to join in.  How about you?

I stopped using Amazon after they remotely deleted copies of 1984 from everyone's kindles. The irony, it was too much.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 54