Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Urist cancels job: interrupted by HORSE  (Read 2902 times)

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Urist cancels job: interrupted by HORSE
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2010, 05:06:15 pm »

Wasn't there some bug regarding that once an animal has tasted dwarven blood, it can't be stopped even if tamed except by killing?

That's exactly what's happened here: that horse killed a dwarf, and in doing so it became an enemy of the fortress (and possibly the entire civilization) - that's actually why it got a name. Unfortunately, there's nothing that prevents a creature from being both an enemy of a civilization and tame, so that combination tends to confuse things a bit - a similar thing will happen if you try to tame a creature that was used as a mount during an enemy siege.

I'm not sure if you can mark such a creature as available for adoption - if you could, however, and it was adopted by a dwarf, it might lead to a loyalty cascade if you were to then send your military after it...
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

The Dog Delusion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2010, 05:45:13 pm »

Wasn't there some bug regarding that once an animal has tasted dwarven blood, it can't be stopped even if tamed except by killing?

Feed a wild horse dwarven blood, and it will become a monster. Feed a wild horse the blood of a dwarven baby, and it will become A LEGEND.
Keep in mind that the dwarves are essentially alcoholic toddlers, and act accordingly.

JujuBubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2010, 09:22:15 am »

That's exactly what's happened here: that horse killed a dwarf, and in doing so it became an enemy of the fortress (and possibly the entire civilization) - that's actually why it got a name. Unfortunately, there's nothing that prevents a creature from being both an enemy of a civilization and tame, so that combination tends to confuse things a bit - a similar thing will happen if you try to tame a creature that was used as a mount during an enemy siege.

I'm not sure if you can mark such a creature as available for adoption - if you could, however, and it was adopted by a dwarf, it might lead to a loyalty cascade if you were to then send your military after it...

I thought everybody knew this ..

Knarfle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2010, 08:36:43 am »

I once had a small 3x3 pit full of wild horses. They just kept breeding until the pit was full of horses. Too bad it wasn't Donkies, then I'd have something to joke about. "Urist cancels store item in stockpile: Interrupted by ass-hole"
What do you get when a Rhesus monkey steps on a weapons trap loaded with maximum adamantine blades?

Rhesus Pieces!

The Dog Delusion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2010, 05:33:10 pm »

Okay, update:

Not only has Ramadabsam survived the horrors of the cavern, he has lived to uncover several creatures I had not initially seen: a family of Blind Cave Ogres, a Giant Cave Spider (!!!), and something called "Gorlak." I'm almost tempted to write a ballad about this whole ordeal...
Keep in mind that the dwarves are essentially alcoholic toddlers, and act accordingly.

Dradym

• Bay Watcher
  • if its hard, overly complex, but fun, its a dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2010, 07:21:11 pm »

totally write it up, a new epic is in the making here, maybe itl be bigger than boatmurdered

it should totally end with him running into the hfs...winning and becoming their new lord

also, ive had something of this problem with unicorns...ive caught a lot of em and should do something with them, but i cant move em or they run and terrorize my fort
Pages: 1 [2]