Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Noble Modding!  (Read 1294 times)

IronValley

• Bay Watcher
  • Purple Smile!
    • View Profile
Noble Modding!
« on: December 07, 2010, 04:54:21 am »

I've grown tired of my militia!

I want to be able to actually use the new army positions in a meaningful way, (as in, the General, Champion, Commanders and Lieutenants) and I want them to be available once you get a Duchy.

I'd also like to be able to appoint a Dungeon Master....

Is it the [SITE] tag the regulates what nobles I can actually assign locally?

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
  • Living On the Mirror's Edge
    • View Profile
Re: Noble Modding!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 06:43:18 am »

I might just well be wrong, but I was under the impression that the ability to appoint was caused by: "[APPOINTED_BY:EXPEDITION_LEADER]"
Quote from: Carl Sagan
It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.
If the magma cannon doesn't count, they aren't proper scientists.

IronValley

• Bay Watcher
  • Purple Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 07:30:16 am »

Well, that would allow you to appoint them right from embark, right?

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 10:34:58 am »

Right, didn't catch all of what you wanted; Duchy totally went over my head.

In that case, I don't know for sure. The df wiki probably has information on those tokens, I'll take a look when I get the chance.

tfaal

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Ello, 'ello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 10:36:45 am »

Shouldn't the tag just be [APPOINTED_BY:DUKE], then?
I still think that the whole fortress should be flooded with magma the moment you try dividing by zero.
This could be a handy way of teaching preschool children mathematics.

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 10:37:34 am »

More than likely.

As for the [SITE] suggestion, that wouldn't work; all that does is make the civ try and have one for every site, like a mayor.

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 01:41:49 pm »

the problem here is that you need a replace tag so you can upgrade your lieutnant to commander and then add new lieutnant posistions under the commander

but http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=2689 disagrees
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 03:30:22 pm »

Is it possible to set ALL nobles for appointment? Cause wouldn't that cause the economy to be put into effect?

IronValley

• Bay Watcher
  • Purple Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 07:46:16 pm »

As far as I can tell, most nobles are appointable by the duke. But for some reason this is not possible..

Silophant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2010, 09:32:25 pm »

The economy does not currently work and hasn't since .31.01 dropped. That being said, it wouldn't suprise me if it's back for the next release, at least in some form.

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2010, 11:38:00 pm »

I for one, as a big fan of brutal justice, wish that you could set the hammerer for appointment. No matter the horror of his crimes he will always have a place in my heart. I need a mod for this!

Frosty_Dorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling DFer, Legendary Lazy, Proficient Sleeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2010, 11:44:38 pm »

Yeah too bad Toady can't just remove coins from being used for the economy[keep them in game though] and just keep it all "on paper" sort of like a credit system, and not have to manage stacks of coins everywhere that I've heard of. I also read that if coins weren't minted the economy worked just like normal, so I dont see why coins have to be kept as part of the economy system where you could just pull them and make them like regular trade goods, which should be no more of an FPS hassle then having hundreds of toy boats or something. You know, just make coins for Depot trading purposes only. The economy could work as normal and you could use coins when trading. Or when your ruler mandates coins to be made.

honestly, that was a ragequit moment.  The friggin thief just walked on past and grabbed it.  There were like 100+ floors yet to be placed.
My computer struggled to load all the demons.  Then, next frame, I check the unit list....
The last.... 4+ pages.... all demons.

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2010, 09:18:37 am »

the coin problem wouldnt be that much a problem if dwarfs would use bags as wallets, and could store more than 10 stacks of coins in their rooms (like 1000 invidual coins instead of 10 stacks varying from 1-100)

also the "haul just one thing at once" creates a problem with coins, because again: they only haul one stack, if they get 10 copper coins and 3 silver, and need to take them from 4 stacks they will run 4 times from coin stockpile to their room.
and most annoying of it is then they drop the coin (interrupted or something) and then get distracted with non personal coin related stuff, so it may stuck for a long time in that damn floodgate etc.

else i think coins are a nice perk, if you dont want them and use a "credit" system simply never mint some, works quite the same.
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2010, 06:07:29 pm »

Just copy the militia captain position and rename it a bunch of times. That should give all the ranks you desire.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod