Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: If you could be a Titan/Megabeast/clown/monster who would you be?  (Read 2489 times)

Smackinjuice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Reason I ask, is how fun would it to be a bronze colossus and go from human/elf/dwarf/goblin cities and reign destruction. or being a 1000 year old 10,000,000 in size dragon.

Is there any mods or do we have to do this ourselves? and if so, who would you guys play as?  BTW i'm going to figure this out... I will be a bronze colossus tonight! or tomorrow...

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
Re: If you could be a Titan/Megabeast/clown/monster who would you be?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 04:22:58 am »

It can be done - Its pretty easy.
Ill let you play around with it for the sake of discovery, but if youd prefer ill just tell you how to do it.
Hint: RAW>Objects>EntityDefault
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 08:48:01 am »

Fully-grown dragons (they grow over the course of 1000 years), are actually about 25,000,000 cm^3.

And if you're playing anything with a special power, like spitting webs or fire, don't expect to be able to use them.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 08:52:13 am »

And if you're playing anything with a special power, like spitting webs or fire, don't expect to be able to use them.

One day.

One day.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 08:58:41 am »

Reason I ask, is how fun would it to be a bronze colossus and go from human/elf/dwarf/goblin cities and reign destruction. or being a 1000 year old 10,000,000 in size dragon.

Is there any mods or do we have to do this ourselves? and if so, who would you guys play as?  BTW i'm going to figure this out... I will be a bronze colossus tonight! or tomorrow...

It's called : [PLAYABLE] or whatever it was

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 11:47:36 am »

-
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 04:38:35 pm by Bronimin »

Hummingbird

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 01:23:48 pm »

It's called : [PLAYABLE] or whatever it was

you have to insert into the entity default file:
[INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]
and
[ADVENTURE_TIER:X]
with x being the sequential number of adventure tiers, in an unmodded game i think its 4 (dwarves, humans, elves and kobolds) with kobolds being adventure tier 4, so you need to create adventure tier 5

Kobolds aren't playable, so you need to make it 4.

Though I don't know if there are any ill effects that come with skipping a tier.
But Elves aren't Vegetarians. They eat people.
So they are humanitarians.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 04:59:36 pm »

Fully-grown dragons (they grow over the course of 1000 years), are actually about 25,000,000 cm^3.

That can't be true, because a kilometre is 100,000 cm. Dragons would be 250 kilometres long, wide and tall.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

atomicoctobot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 05:10:29 pm »

That can't be true, because a kilometre is 100,000 cm. Dragons would be 250 kilometres long, wide and tall.
Goddamn, that's big.

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 05:39:33 pm »

Goddamn, that's big.
Math failure...
With that volume, it would only be 250 km long if it was a 1x1 cm rod.  25,000,000 cm^3 is the equivalent of a cube that is cuberoot(25,000,000) = 292.4 cm on each side, or a 2.92 m cube, which is about 1.5x the size of an average human.  That's big, but not geographic big.

Ridiculous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2010, 06:00:43 pm »

Yes, 250 kilometres height/depth/breadth is 15,625,000,000,000,000,000,000 cubic centimetres [(250*100,000)^3 ], or 15-and-a-half sextillion cubic centimetres, not 25 million.

The dragon would actually be bigger than 2.92 metres on each dimension, considering that they aren't perfect cubes (ot they might be, considering it is DF).

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2010, 09:32:25 pm »

Cube Dragons: Save space while you terrorize the peasants!

It fits in your closet!

Under your bed!

Store several of them in your garage for more draconic action!
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2010, 09:48:31 pm »

Cube-Dragons ftw
/thread
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Ale and Axes

• Bay Watcher
  • Chug - Swipe - Cheer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2010, 10:36:28 pm »

A Hydra would be awesome if it was possible to bite onto multiple enemies in one turn, then shake all 'em about at the same time too.

So failing that, I'd go for a Bronze Colossus. I saw one send one of my soldiers flying over 30 tiles the other day.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2010, 02:47:19 am »

Goddamn, that's big.
Math failure...
With that volume, it would only be 250 km long if it was a 1x1 cm rod.  25,000,000 cm^3 is the equivalent of a cube that is cuberoot(25,000,000) = 292.4 cm on each side, or a 2.92 m cube, which is about 1.5x the size of an average human.  That's big, but not geographic big.

Mwhahaha. I apologise, it was late and I was tired. Thank you for pointing out my error. That actually makes dragons kinda tiny.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.
Pages: [1] 2