Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Science - The Zombie Kind  (Read 1868 times)

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Science - The Zombie Kind
« on: December 06, 2010, 09:24:32 pm »

My name... I can not remember my name. I guess I will have to think about that. Where am I?

I also have not a clue.

I find myself surrounded by tables and beakers, gas bottles and testing solutions. What they are for?

I also have no clue.

In this tiny room I find myself in, I also find several strange things. There is a window here, yet it is covered up with planks off wood. When I peeked outside of it I saw some of the worst sights I have ever seen. How they happened?

I am yet again, not sure.

The door looks like it is made from hardened, reinforced steel, yet I see massive dents in it and it is also barricaded with a small wardrobe. Why is that?

I am not sure.

It appears that this small room is also connected to another one. Inside it, I can see a small bed, a small table with a clock on it and a table holding what looks a computer from the last decade. I was honestly surprised it even started. When I did start it, I found many things that confused me. However, one thing is certain.

The end of mankind has come.

It appears that things, what the media have deemed 'Zombies' have taken over multiple large citys all over America. No one anywhere knows what they are, why their here or how they came to be. All they know is that if you get bitten...

Its all over.

And if this was not worse enough, it appears that the president and his close advisors have abandoned the country, to safety in England, whilst the army was left to rot. According to the media, all major army units have been compromised and any important figures have been long evacuated. All the ports have been shut down and all countries have warned that should boats from America arrive, they will be destroyed on sight.

Reading all this, I know one thing.

I must find out what has happened.

OOC:

Alright. This is basically YOU ARE A SCIENTIST but my own, different version. As you can tell, you are a scientist who has suffered amnesia, whom's goal is to survive/find out what happened/maybe even make their own means out of it. You are not required to solely try to find out what happened.

Name: (What name is he going to give his self)
Description: (Eh, why not)
Degrees: (Same as YOU ARE A SCIENTIST, and due to the scope I am willing to do, i'll let you pick. You have 1 major, which gives you a skill of three with it, one minor, which gives you a skill of 2 and 3 basic, which give you a skill of one for each.)

Once thats sorted, i'll start the sheet up. First to 5 on major wins, first to 4 on minor wins and first to 2 on basic wins. I will write out an in game explanation for the degree if you want. Also, other degrees can be learnt, slowly how ever. To get to 3 is like doing a doctorship and the skill level can go to 10.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
Re: Science - The Zombie Kind
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 09:31:03 pm »

Name: Dr. Loboto
Description:....idk
Degrees:Major-Scienceology
Minor-Dentistry
Basic-Psudo Science, Chemestry, Child Psychology
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Demantiae

• Bay Watcher
  • Goddess of Earth, Awakener of the Primordial
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 09:42:27 pm »

Name: Dr Lazarus

Description: a man obsessed with discovering the secrets of life, death and the blurring of the lines in-between. I hope I didn't cause this zombie apocalypse and develop amnesia as a coping mechanism...!

Degree (Major): Genetics
Degree (Minor): Cell Biology
Degree (Basic): Biochemistry
Degree (Basic) Biocomputing
Degree (Basic): Evolutionary Biology

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 12:11:12 pm »

Major:Genetics
Minor:Psycology
Basic:General Chemistry
Basic:General Physics
Baisc:General biology

Is that right?
Anyway, lurking!
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 08:19:37 pm »

Name: Herr Doktor
Description: Tall, balding, grim-faced, introverted, secretive, and given to bursts of RAEG when crossed
Degrees:
Major: Marine Biology
Minor: Linguistics
Basic: Genetics, Computer Science, Psychology
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 09:13:51 pm »

Name: Dr Lazarus

Description: a man obsessed with discovering the secrets of life, death and the blurring of the lines in-between. I hope I didn't cause this zombie apocalypse and develop amnesia as a coping mechanism...!

This.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Kilowatt

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what this does...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 09:44:08 pm »

Name: Doktor Schadenfreude

This.

Seconded, but with a name change.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 09:56:08 pm »

Name: Doktor von Schadenfreude

This.

Seconded, but with a name change.

Fixed that for you.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 06:25:49 am »

The small pyramid, name pending.

///////////////////////////////////////

Ah, thats right. Your a doctor of Genetics! How you managed to forget THAT is beyond you. Sweeping what you think is your lab coat on to you from the ground, you walk around your two rooms, remembering anything important...

You find yourself in what appears to be a small, single story apartment. Despite that, there is only two rooms in it. A small room out the front with the door and window and a larger room to the south. The room to the south holds the basic needs of life, with a bed, kitchen, small TV and your computer. The smaller front room has a few small tables in it, which are covered in beakers, tubes and Bunsen burners. A small diagram of a normal human DNA strand is hung on the wall. There also happens to be a small trapdoor in the north east corner of the room. You decide to open it and check it out.

As you open the trapdoor, you look into complete darkness. Walking down a creaky staircase, you grope around you, hearing the what sounds like a generator. Finding a hanging cord, you pull it, causing the room to engulf in light. Blinking, you look around and find many devices, most of which you recognise as normal genetics equipment and a few others which you manage to recognise as experimental devices. A blood soaked table is prominent in the middle of the room.

Walking back upstairs, you sit down on a small couch that is in the southern room. Sitting there, you ponder what to do next.

INSERT PENDING NAME HERE
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Knowledge
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Demantiae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 07:09:27 am »

Investigate computer, there might be important data stored on it. Use notepad and pen to write anything important down.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 07:10:57 am »

Name: Doktor von Schadenfreude
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2010, 07:25:32 am »

You decide to check the computer. Pulling the chair out from under the table, you plop yourself down and start the computer up. After waiting 5 minutes for it to boot, you finally manage to get to the desktop. On it, you see icons for multiple programs including...

Virtual genetic manipulator
Rapid growth and spread simulator
Genetic hotwire

Clicking on the icon of a saved notepad, you scan through the page, which is mostly filled with complex computer algorithm used to conduct seemingly complex virtual genetic tests. Opening another notepad, you read a small note detailing the correct way to dissect a heart and check its condition. Opening one more, you find a copied and pasted article about a famous scientists discovery of how his creation would change the way the world would look at genetics. Sadly, he did not detail on what it actually was.

You also decided to name yourself Doctor von Schadenfreude. Your not even German but eh, who cares.

Demantiae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2010, 07:38:39 am »

Run the Virtual Genetic Manipulator program and see if there is any saved work. "What was I working on last?"

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2010, 07:51:19 am »

You start to run the virtual genetic manipulator when suddenly....

The computer blue screens.

Swearing, you smack the box, which results in a large, an unworldly screech. On the verge of cracking, you manage to turn the computer off and on. After waiting another 10 minutes you yet again try to run the program and yet blue screen. Looks like the computers not up to it.

Kilowatt

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what this does...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2010, 08:06:44 am »

> Genetic_Hotwire.exe
Pages: [1] 2