Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dungeon Master (and other nobles)  (Read 998 times)

IronValley

• Bay Watcher
  • Purple Smile!
    • View Profile
Dungeon Master (and other nobles)
« on: December 06, 2010, 07:40:15 pm »

I've seen a few comments around the board regarding Dungeon Master's recently. However, I haven't been able to get one myself.
Is there a workaround/trick to getting the DM? (Like the Baron-trick) Or am I just unlucky?

Also: What other nobles have we seen this release? (31.18)

Currently have a Duchess. Who also still works, wich is a good thing.

Can the lack of fortress guard have anything to do with the lack of nobles?

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: Dungeon Master (and other nobles)
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 07:43:46 pm »

The Dungeon Master is supposed to show up, but never does.  This appears to be a bug.  The Tax Collector and Hammerer also never show up.  The Philosopher was completely removed.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

twilightdusk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 07:45:16 pm »

Common workaround is to mod the game so that the DM is an appointed position (so you can just assign one in the nobles menu)
A man would see that as a difficult challenge.
An elf would see that and despair.
A dwarf would see that and say, "Bring it on."

druid91

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 07:46:33 pm »

The Dungeon Master is supposed to show up, but never does.  This appears to be a bug.  The Tax Collector and Hammerer also never show up.  The Philosopher was completely removed.

I liked the philosopher too.
The least you could have done was throw down some booze and seasoning. Abyssal Monsters that Creatures of the Light Know Not Of aren't savages, y'know. Sharing's caring.

Dr_Pylons

• Bay Watcher
  • [GREEDY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 07:49:35 pm »

I liked the philosopher too.

In 40d, I once had a philosopher who disliked intellectual discussion/deep thinking or something. I bet his theories were widely accepted among the dwarves.

druid91

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 07:53:36 pm »

Philosopher:"The surest way to happiness is to drink and shoot or stab elves. Or to make something shiny."
Urist Mcdwarf x100 "You know he's absolutely right. Let's go!"
The least you could have done was throw down some booze and seasoning. Abyssal Monsters that Creatures of the Light Know Not Of aren't savages, y'know. Sharing's caring.

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 11:18:16 pm »

I liked the philosopher too. I ... well ...

Come to think of it he was pretty friggin creepy. He didn't ask for anything so I just gave him a small room dug into a mud wall next to the above-ground farms.. and then he harvested and helped out .. and befriended all the children. The philosopher was -always- surrounded by children and they made up the majority of his friends. This wasn't just when harvesting, otherwise too ..

Friggin pedo. Good riddance he's gone!
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

AceMgy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 11:23:39 pm »

Come to think of it he was pretty friggin creepy. He didn't ask for anything so I just gave him a small room dug into a mud wall next to the above-ground farms.. and then he harvested and helped out .. and befriended all the children. The philosopher was -always- surrounded by children and they made up the majority of his friends. This wasn't just when harvesting, otherwise too ..

How very Athenian of him...

Dradym

• Bay Watcher
  • if its hard, overly complex, but fun, its a dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 06:44:04 am »

better than spartan....well maybe not....im not much for a fight and brute strength, i blame the elves that brought me up

druid91

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 07:49:23 am »

Wait... You let him have friends? I always locked him into the contemplation chamber.