Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Game Developers. Game Maker Role Play. Recruitment finished.  (Read 4544 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Game Developers. Game Maker Role Play. Recruitment finished.
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2010, 10:21:19 pm »

Pong with physics puzzles?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2010, 10:52:29 pm »

"I doubt anyone would really play a game like that, even though it sounds interesting."
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2010, 07:30:27 am »

"Yeah, I gotta agree with you there." Cassandra put together her hands in thought.

"I--Agh!" She accidentally fell over.

"I GOT IT!" Her hand shot up in a pointing fashion.

"It'd be called Cowboys Vs. Werewolves Vs. Dracula! It'd be a multi-player game! The Cowboys would play an FPS game, while the Werewolves would play a RTS game, commanding their underlings! Dracula would have to kill all of the Cowboys in a third person stealth-em-up! When the Cowboys die, the Werewolves gain another unit, Dracula gains more health and the Cowboy who got killed doesn't respawn! Come on, you'd play it!" Cassandra managed to get up at the end of this speech.

Kilowatt

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what this does...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2010, 07:45:06 am »

"That's not a bad idea."
He thought for a second.

"Maybe a bit far-fetched, but not a bad idea nonetheless."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2010, 07:53:05 am »

"Well, I can program it. I'd like it if it had a bit of a B-movie tinge to it. Like, maybe the connections to other servers would be adverts for other fictional movies. That'd be pretty cool, actually. I was thinking that Cowboys should be the only ones with classes. I was thinking there would be three for them. Miner, Gunslinger and Gatling Gunner. The Miner would have tons of dynamite, the Gunslinger would have lightish weapons and move fast and the Gatling Gunner would carry a Gatling Gun and be able to set it down. The Gatling Gunner would be the slowest." Cassandra said. She was in one of her idea moods. They always caught her by surprise.

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2010, 10:01:31 am »

"Well, I think a multiplayer game like that could work..." Aaron paused to think for a second. "Although I don't think the gaming populace will accept the name. Still, I think we could make multiple classes like that. The 'Werewolves' would not be long range, but they are tougher than ordinary people. Maybe the game starts with a sole 'Werewolf Lord', which is stronger than the average werewolf. 'Dracula' could be basically be a tank, with primarilly melee attacks, but maybe some ranged attacks in exchange for health? There should be a wide variety of classes for the 'Cowboys', from the people you mentioned. Diversity shall be the advantage which 'Cowboys' will have."
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2010, 10:21:33 am »

"Yeah, that'd be great. OK, gotta think up another name...How about The Long Night?" Cassandra said.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2010, 02:06:47 pm »

"There is no way I'm spending another 34 hour day making that many modifications to these graphics which are close to being broken beyond repair."
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2010, 02:10:15 pm »

"Listen, those graphics? Even if we decided on making 'Random Art We Just Threw Together Into A Game", your graphics would cause global insanity, even if you modified them for 20 years." Cassandra said, sighing.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2010, 02:14:31 pm »

"I've salvaged 20% of this chaos in the past 2 hours we've been arguing about it. And it isn't random art!"

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2010, 02:22:06 pm »

"What about that other folder, that folder labeled "Watch"? That was utterly disturbing. In fact, it's so creepy I think you were possessed by Satan for a while. I could almost feel my sanity dripping away. It's perfect for a horror game, which is technically what we are doing!" Cassandra grinned.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2010, 02:24:22 pm »

"What Watch? I made that like half an hour after the manager told me to top drinking coffee. I can't remember if it was calmly, or yelling though. It might have been frantic? How much coffee did I drink last night?!"

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2010, 02:28:49 pm »

"Well, let me show you the contents of the folder." Cassandra opens up her laptop, and opened the folder. It is a seemingly never ending sideshow of horror, a glimpse into the terrifying mind of a caffeine deprived person.

"Hey, I was thinking, maybe you should work on the next Silent Hill. They'd just have to give you a pot of coffee, and there you go. New Silent Hill game, makes even real men scream and die of a heart attack." Cassandra shrugged.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2010, 04:06:38 pm »

Allan stares at Cassandra open-mouthed. The sheer intensity and awesomeness and near-impossibility of her idea had stunned him into silence.

"Err... Uh..." was he managed to say.
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2010, 04:16:41 pm »

"The idea sounds good in theory, but you have to remember that we suck. Even if it could be done, we're not the ones who can do it."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5