Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: A Few Questions...  (Read 1321 times)

Unforgiven

• Bay Watcher
  • Carps can kill Dragons?
    • View Profile
A Few Questions...
« on: December 06, 2010, 04:05:47 pm »

So, I recently started playing Adventurer mode and have a few questions.

When I press r to equip something, it works, but I can't un-equip it. I press p and select the thing I want to un-equip (put in container) but it just says "Not a suitable container". I have a rucksack or a backpack or whatever it's called, and I've also got about 5 things in one hand. How can I remove what I am holding?

Also, I have a question about Wrestling. Every time I want to attack someone in Wrestling mode I have to press Shift + A and select Wrestling Mode and selecting what I want to do, isn't there a quick way to attack?

I am really getting annoyed at not being able to un-equip things.

cikulisu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Few Questions...
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 04:07:08 pm »

use d to drop things onto the ground.

Unforgiven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 04:34:51 pm »

use d to drop things onto the ground.

Ah thanks, but what about my second question?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 04:49:39 pm »

Use capital C to change your combat preferences. The first one, attack, will make you auto-wrestle when you switch it to Close Combat. Once it says that, move into your opponent and you'll automatically wrestle, but when you do this you won't have control over what you do so you might end up trying to lock a right foot with your left upper arm, or grab the upper front tooth with your right lower arm, or so forth. Really, it's better to just wrestle manually.

A quick tip though is that if you knock someone out and have a free hand, use it to grab their head, switch your combat preferences to Close Combat, and keep moving at the opponent. You'll gouge their eyes out over and over and get a ton of wrestling experience.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Unforgiven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 05:03:04 pm »

Oh erm, as I am new to Adventurer Mode - I see video tutorials and everyone seems to be given a task to kill something when they talk to a person, but I don't, I've started a new adventure like 20 times and no one is giving me a task. I find nothing else to do, therefore I walk around looking for things to hunt, but as that happens, it turns dark and bogeymen kill me, running doesn't save me either. Finding a proper house or room - well anything with other people in it just seems impossible when you're out in a forest. I press Shift + T and go to the nearest Hamlet/Town, and all I see is myself put in the middle of a forest with a guide on where to go to get to the nearest safe place. I follow that guide but I don't manage to get there in time.

Also, when I grab my enemy's head, I can only release the grip, I don't get anything to do such as snapping the bone...

Any help? I'm really confused at this point in time.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 05:27:45 pm by Unforgiven »

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 05:31:06 pm »

Oh erm, as I am new to Adventurer Mode - I see video tutorials and everyone seems to be given a task to kill something when they talk to a person, but I don't, I've started a new adventure like 20 times and no one is giving me a task. I find nothing else to do, therefore I walk around looking for things to hunt, but as that happens, it turns dark and bogeymen kill me, running doesn't save me either. Finding a proper house or room - well anything with other people in it just seems impossible when you're out in a forest. I press Shift + T and go to the nearest Hamlet/Town, and all I see is myself put in the middle of a forest with a guide on where to go to get to the nearest safe place. I follow that guide but I don't manage to get there in time.

Also, when I grab my enemy's head, I can only release the grip, I don't get anything to do such as snapping the bone...

You are talking to people and picking "service", correct? If so and you're not getting one, you're just in a particularly peaceful area. Try somewhere else. As for the bogeymen, they'll leave you alone if you have a companion. You can pick one up at a nearby fortress (random townspeople will occasionally be willing to join you too).
So, I tediously awaited the arrival of the dwarven caravan (I'm set up on a island, see)... And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Then everything near it exploded in a cloud of blood.

Unforgiven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 05:48:34 pm »

You are talking to people and picking "service", correct? If so and you're not getting one, you're just in a particularly peaceful area. Try somewhere else. As for the bogeymen, they'll leave you alone if you have a companion. You can pick one up at a nearby fortress (random townspeople will occasionally be willing to join you too).

I've tried many different areas with the same result.

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 05:52:21 pm »

I'd recommend either creating another world or traveling extremely far away (the former would be easier).
So, I tediously awaited the arrival of the dwarven caravan (I'm set up on a island, see)... And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Then everything near it exploded in a cloud of blood.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 05:53:36 pm »

Are you getting the response "I'm flattered, but I have no need of you" or something like that?  If so, it means there are simply no enemies to be fought.  How large is your world, and how long did you let world gen run?  If you want lots of tasks to be available in adventure mode, you want to make a medium or large region and let the world gen run the full length of time.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Cocoprimate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2010, 05:54:19 pm »

I'd recommend either creating another world or traveling extremely far away (the former would be easier).

Or you could also go and speak to someone and choose the "surroundings" option, until they give you the location of a couple lairs. You can then go and fight those monsters, go back, tell someone about your murders, and earn prestige.
The story of Aban Diamondtowns the Charms of Society, dwarf legend, and his descent into the depths. (SPOILER)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=79229.0

Unforgiven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2010, 05:57:08 pm »

I'll create another world with maximum everything, so most savagery, largest, etc. I like those kinds.

But yeah, my world is pretty dry, been using it for way too long.

Unforgiven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2010, 01:38:43 pm »

I'll create another world with maximum everything, so most savagery, largest, etc. I like those kinds.

But yeah, my world is pretty dry, been using it for way too long.

Nope, still get no tasks.

Ktalyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2010, 03:49:52 pm »

Are you sure you're playing on version 0.31.18 ?
If I remembre well, you don't get many quests in former versions.

Unforgiven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2010, 03:58:40 pm »

Are you sure you're playing on version 0.31.18 ?
If I remembre well, you don't get many quests in former versions.

I am playing on 0.31.18.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2010, 03:16:13 am »

Gen a new world, preferably a large region one. I've always gotten a quest from the first person I talk to in those worlds.
Also, maybe the person you're trying to face-wrestle is laying on the ground, face down, or it is an animal. You generally can't wrestle to well with animals.
Pages: [1] 2