Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Space Pirate.  (Read 4353 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Space Pirate.
« on: December 06, 2010, 03:23:43 pm »

You are a pirate, sailing the high seas of the Caribbean. All of your loyal crew have died from scurvy and you are kinda lonely...

You see a bright light, and you float up.

Brief explanation of the rules: Have you ever played a text adventure? This is kinda like that. You issue a command, and I try to fit it with all the other people's commands. These type of games usually have three outcomes: Everything goes insane, the thread dies and/or it becomes amazingly epic. If you attack someone, I go onto random.org and set the true random number generator from 10 to 1. 1 means you fail spectacularly, 10 means you do it with pirate like awesomeness.

Yeah, I do copy and paste these. I am sorry, but it does cut down on my job.

You are floating peacefully in a tank of tasty gloop. Somehow, you can still breath. What kind of sorcery is this!?

What do you do?

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
Re: Space Pirate.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 03:26:22 pm »

Look for a way out of the gloop!
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 03:31:04 pm »

Look for a way out of the gloop!

You struggle around for an exit. You find the top of the gloop. You get out.

You are in the middle of a metallic room. There are some goggles here, and your flintlocks! You realize you are naked. Agh! You find your clothes and wear them quickly. You are a respectiable pirate, and it would be terrible to be caught without some down souths.

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 04:13:09 pm »

Arrr! Continue onwards me hearties! Remember teh use proper Pirate speak so's no landlubbers cin find out what we arr doing!
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 04:18:12 pm »

Arrr! Continue onwards me hearties! Remember teh use proper Pirate speak so's no landlubbers cin find out what we arr doing!

What in the world was that? That sounded amazingly idiotic. Who talks like that in places that aren't stories!?

OCC: The pirate accent as we know it was made up by an actor in the 20th century. He ad-libbed it. Robert Louis Stevenson made a bunch of the pirate speak too in Treasure Island. In reality, pirates just used their accents. Also, did you know the Irish had a ton of pirates? I have a bunch of facts on pirates, and thanks to Wikipedia, much more too.

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 04:19:50 pm »

>Punch yourself in the snout to establish idiocy.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 04:24:42 pm »

>Punch yourself in the snout to establish idiocy.

You punch yourself in the face. Oh god, you just broke your nose! There is blood everywhere! Why did you do that!?

OCC: A little hint. Try not to reference stuff around me if you want to keep this on the sane course. One time, I summoned a dark god because of an annoying thing.

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 04:28:47 pm »

What in the world was that? That sounded amazingly idiotic. Who talks like that in places that aren't stories!?

OCC: The pirate accent as we know it was made up by an actor in the 20th century. He ad-libbed it. Robert Louis Stevenson made a bunch of the pirate speak too in Treasure Island. In reality, pirates just used their accents. Also, did you know the Irish had a ton of pirates? I have a bunch of facts on pirates, and thanks to Wikipedia, much more too.
Arrrr! I be ignoring your facts despite common sense sayin' that those pirates back in Roman times pro'lly didnae talk like a privateer hired by Queen Elizibeth to GET SOME SPANISH BOOTEH!

(I'm sorry, I couldn't resist it)

At any rate ONWARDS!
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 04:30:22 pm »

Arrrr! I be ignoring your facts despite common sense sayin' that those pirates back in Roman times pro'lly didnae talk like a privateer hired by Queen Elizibeth to GET SOME SPANISH BOOTEH!

At any rate ONWARDS!
We should probably do something about our nose first.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2010, 04:34:03 pm »

At any rate ONWARDS!
We should probably do something about our nose first.

Well, it seems like you could find something for it. Well, it might heal.

You pick up your flintlocks.

You wonder what to do with the goggles.
Arrrr! I be ignoring your facts despite common sense sayin' that those pirates back in Roman times pro'lly didnae talk like a actor being incredibly lazy.

Fixed that.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2010, 04:37:25 pm »

put some gloop on your nose, and pick up the goggles
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2010, 04:38:26 pm »

Why are you picking up goggles? They obviously don't do anything.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2010, 04:40:29 pm »

what happens when you get caught in a sandstorm without you goggles, huh?
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2010, 04:41:00 pm »

put some gloop on your nose, and pick up the goggles

You put some gloop on your nose, and put on the goggles.

"Interfacing with brain..." A slight bit of pain hurts you. You can now see in so many ways now! You can see the electronics, the creatures on the other side of the wall! So many things, but you don't feel overwhelmed.

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2010, 04:41:15 pm »

The same thing as when you do have them.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4