Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bleach  (Read 1562 times)

Pickerel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bleach
« on: December 06, 2010, 02:59:59 pm »

I have a quick question.  In my eternal quest to mod in arbitrary but nonetheless fun things, I decided I want something that can wipe a slate clean, so to speak.  Bleach.  I want to extract it from a plant, which I will try to figure out myself (I know that's not how it's actually done ^.^).  The question I have pertains to the use of such a thing:
Is there a way to have it remove a token such as 'dyed with dimple cup' from a dyed item.  For example, if I made a reaction for the dyer that required Bleach called 'bleach an item', would it be possible to remove all 'dyed with x' from the item, including the fact that it was ever dyed, so that it can be dyed again with different dyes (which is to say, completely removing the tag that states that it was ever dyed)?

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
Re: Bleach
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 03:33:57 pm »

Afraid not, yet.  The extractables you can get from a plant are quite limited so far!  There's more planned for inclusion quite soon, but not just yet.

Also, that bleaching stuff sounds pretty complex.  I think it would need to be hard-coded.  I don't think it's going to be a moddable thing, at least until scripting is possible (not even vaguely on the horizon yet).

Other modders:  Would it be possible to turn a piece of cloth into another piece of cloth, or back into thread?  That might, maybe, perhaps be a way of doing this.  I have my doubts, but you never know...
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
  • Living On the Mirror's Edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 07:30:51 pm »

I'm thinking that if you had the reagents be the bleach and then a dyed piece of cloth, by making the product keep the material from the reagent (just one token, but I can't remember it off the top of my head) and then and just have it make the new object, shouldn't that work without changing the cloth's material (to keep consistency)?
Quote from: Carl Sagan
It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.
If the magma cannon doesn't count, they aren't proper scientists.

Assassinfox

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
    • Raging at the Box
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 08:33:46 pm »

Why not just make it dye items white?

If not, could you make a reaction that just returns a brand new copy of the original reagent?

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 09:11:46 pm »

That's what my explanation above would (should) do. :P

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 09:38:52 pm »

I believe that your method would work, however it would also remove any type of quality modifier on the cloth as well as any decorations (embroidering, hanging bone rings, etc.) as well IIRC. So you could do it, but it would "damage" anything you preformed it on. Also now that I think about it I'm pretty sure that any clothes created in reactions all come out as "large" clothes, so you wouldn't be able to use them anyways.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 11:01:53 pm »

Bugger. I thought this was going to be about a conversion mod.
くコ:彡

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 06:41:29 am »

I believe that your method would work, however it would also remove any type of quality modifier on the cloth as well as any decorations (embroidering, hanging bone rings, etc.) as well IIRC. So you could do it, but it would "damage" anything you preformed it on. Also now that I think about it I'm pretty sure that any clothes created in reactions all come out as "large" clothes, so you wouldn't be able to use them anyways.

True, and true.

Out of curiosity, anyone figure out what size creature can wear reaction-made clothing? Is it human-sized, or bigger than that?

Bugger. I thought this was going to be about a conversion mod.

My initial thoughts too. But then again, what could you really even do with a Bleach Anime TCM? I'm sure there's something but what that something is, I'm not awake enough to figure out at the moment. :P

Assassinfox

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
    • Raging at the Box
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 08:55:32 pm »

Out of curiosity, anyone figure out what size creature can wear reaction-made clothing? Is it human-sized, or bigger than that?

Last time I tried making reaction clothing, my human adventurer was able to wear it.  Then again, this was back in the 40d days. >_>

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2010, 09:08:40 pm »

I

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2010, 01:48:36 pm »

くコ:彡

Pickerel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2010, 06:07:55 pm »

"PLEASE" yelled the poor, already answered forums question.  "JUST LET ME DIE!!!"