Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: More proof Elves are pansies.  (Read 2030 times)

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
More proof Elves are pansies.
« on: December 06, 2010, 12:42:11 am »

The story of Ber Handlewraith. Born in the year 86, in 90 The Horror of Shadows Rakust Graveskulls attacked Ber. He lost. Several other beasties fought with good ol Ber. Including a night creature who smashed his cheek, and a cyclops who killed him. He was nine years old. My point was: I think elves suck all round and I've only heard of one successful elf (Oh you know him.) in the history of the game. Does anyone else agree or is it just me?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 12:22:32 am by Urist is dead tome »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: More proof Elves are panies.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 12:51:47 am »

If it werent for that cyclops, he might have grown into a revenge seeking badass.

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 12:54:37 am »

I'm surprised you didn't point out the typo. I'm more surprised that you're an elf sympathizer.(Que disappointed clucks.) And what also surprises me is the fact that he couldn't kill a night creature so he goes and picks a fight with a cyclops.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 01:07:04 am »

I sympathise with any race that have potential.. even elves..

Maybe he thought the night creature weren't a worthy challenge?

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 10:59:15 am »

Well I guess my point here was is anyone half as annoyed by elves as me? They just pick fights.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 11:01:29 am »

Sometimes, but not always.

hamburgerfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 07:38:06 pm »

I'd like them better if they weren't such hypocrites. They don't want me making anything out of wood, but everything they own is wooden.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 07:50:36 pm »

They sing to the wood or something, whereas we dwarves cut the tree down and force it into the desired shape. Pft. Singing to a tree. What pansies.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 11:34:50 pm »

They sing to the wood or something, whereas we dwarves cut the tree down and force it into the desired shape. Pft. Singing to a tree. What pansies.

What Dwaves sing to are the great mines they dig out, all in chours while excavating valuable matersials.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 12:44:49 am »

What Dwaves sing to are the great mines they dig out, all in chours while excavating valuable matersials.
Nah, it's more like every few steps the legendary miner perks up and says aloud, "Did I just hear a sock screaming my name?"

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2010, 01:21:07 am »

Maybe if elves have such a problem with Dwarves cutting down their trees, they should send elves to teach us how to do it.

When they arrive they are beheaded by the -Iron Battle Axe-, made with a 100% real Featherwood shaft! Guaranteed to be light as a feather for that strong Dwarven swing.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2010, 02:00:38 pm »

Nah, it's more like every few steps the legendary miner perks up and says aloud, "Did I just hear a sock screaming my name?"

You're both nearly there. Actually, dwarves use the deep, rolling acoustics of carved caves to make the most awesome bass music. There is no "normal" guitar, only the mighty 6-string bass.

As it happens, dwarves are also so awesome that even the ones with very poor musical ability are like Les Claypool and have bass guitars with strings as thick as a minotaur's yard. Humans cannot even hear the depth and awesomeness of the very best, so there's no analogous figure for the most musically inclined.

Elves, on the other hand, play pipes and harps. Instruments that are easily broken and are about as manly as kittens playing with tissue paper.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2010, 11:15:30 pm »

Almost as manly, yes, but not nearly as cute, though.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

xeivous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2010, 09:29:50 pm »

You're both nearly there. Actually, dwarves use the deep, rolling acoustics of carved caves to make the most awesome bass music. There is no "normal" guitar, only the mighty 6-string bass.

As it happens, dwarves are also so awesome that even the ones with very poor musical ability are like Les Claypool and have bass guitars with strings as thick as a minotaur's yard. Humans cannot even hear the depth and awesomeness of the very best, so there's no analogous figure for the most musically inclined.

Elves, on the other hand, play pipes and harps. Instruments that are easily broken and are about as manly as kittens playing with tissue paper.
Cats are pretty unman-
Fluffers McKitteh has adopted Xeivous!
DIE!
*Pulls magma lever*

Horizonblue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2010, 10:45:12 pm »

Is it me, or the thread title making anyone else hungry for paninis?
And, yes, that makes for the idea of an elf eating an elf panini.  Just makes perfect sense somehow.
When in doubt:  More Lever!
Pages: [1] 2