Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Toughness=Invincible?  (Read 5736 times)

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Toughness=Invincible?
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2010, 05:44:34 pm »

Analytical Ability and Intuition are both technically used in Adventure Mode, for Knapper and Observer, but knapping is something you can train up easily and Observer is largely worthless because enemies never hide.

I actually decided to start a few adventurers with professional observer (because it's so hard to train once I start), and I've noticed that about half of ambushes are "you feel uneasy" encounters, which let me immediately start sneaking and ambush my ambushers.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2010, 06:40:27 pm »

SCIENCE time?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2010, 07:02:05 pm »

SCIENCE !!SCIENCE!! time?

YES.  (We need to test how high your observer skill needs to be before you notice that you're on fire)

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2010, 09:41:49 pm »

YES.  (We need to test how high your observer skill needs to be before you notice that you're on fire)

Probably pretty low.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2010, 10:51:00 pm »

Probably pretty low.
Wrong. We need legendary +5, even then we might not notice....

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2010, 04:01:06 am »

Wrestling putzes (like in the cursed castles) trains up your agility, strength, toughness (I think) to different degrees.
So in other words, if you want your adventurer to move faster, the easiest way is to wrestle something for an entire day. You can actually watch your speed as it increases to judge when you are done. You also get kinesthetic and (i think) spatial sense as a bonus! I never put much into those stats because they are so easy to train.

Disease Resistance and Recuperation aren't worth investing in because quick travel, sleeping, and waiting still cure all non-permanent injuries, but you probably don't want to dump them either.
I am superstitious that Recuperation allows me to regenerate more when I quick travel. I have no proof of this, but since that is one of the few (potentially) useful stats I can't train...

Analytical Ability and Intuition are both technically used in Adventure Mode, for Knapper and Observer, but knapping is something you can train up easily and Observer is largely worthless because enemies never hide.
So this "knowledge aquisition" thing mentioned in the wiki... does it affect how fast your adventurer learns skills?

Memory decides how long after you see terrain do you remember what it's like.
Is that what that is for?! Oh! Well, then. I did not know that. How does that mechanic work?
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2010, 06:33:03 am »

Basically , every point in Memory Gives your Adventurer a few turns in which you can see Last locations and the Terrain which your sight just left , but i am not really sure

!!SCIENCE!! time

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2010, 09:14:22 am »

^^I honestly have now clue if "knowledge acquisition" means how fast you learn skills.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2010, 03:59:28 pm »

KNOWLEDGE_ACQUISITION is just the Student skill that is trained in the barracks in fortess mode during military demonstrations by a teacher. It doesn't affect skill gain.

MEMORY doesn't affect sight of terrain. The game dynamically loads and unloads areas that you walk through in adventure mode, hence the occasional delay while walking to or from world sites. When you get far enough away, it unloads the map of the area you were in, and it doesn't usually preserve the revealed/unrevealed tiles. This also causes dropped items to vanish or be scattered across the area.

I should test recuperation.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2010, 08:22:09 pm »

Ok, it appears that an adventurer with superior recuperation and an adventurer with very low recuperation heal the same way, while travelling. It doesn't even change whether or not you get scars!

atomicoctobot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2010, 09:58:03 pm »

Ok, it appears that an adventurer with superior recuperation and an adventurer with very low recuperation heal the same way, while travelling. It doesn't even change whether or not you get scars!

Does this mean that it only affects short-term healing? That would make it relatively useless imo... I mean, compared to the benefits of putting those points into something like agility.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2010, 10:39:39 am »

Does this mean that it only affects short-term healing? That would make it relatively useless imo... I mean, compared to the benefits of putting those points into something like agility.

Interesting. I still say that since i can train agility, and can't train recuperation, that it would gain priority. But disease resistance or whatever it's called is now first priority for me. Whatever it does.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
[/quote]

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2010, 01:52:25 pm »

Interesting. I still say that since i can train agility, and can't train recuperation, that it would gain priority. But disease resistance or whatever it's called is now first priority for me. Whatever it does.

I'm guessing that it increases the time before your non-healing busted toe gets infected.  I'm pretty sure that it will always eventually get infected, but superior disease resistance at the beginning might make it take longer.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2010, 03:28:58 pm »

I'm guessing that it increases the time before your non-healing busted toe gets infected.  I'm pretty sure that it will always eventually get infected, but superior disease resistance at the beginning might make it take longer.

Blargh. The whole "die from an infected hangnail" thing is seriously uncool. I wish the "remove then re-add" trick still worked for regenerating smashed ears, noses, and things.
[/quote]

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2010, 07:07:05 pm »

Blargh. The whole "die from an infected hangnail" thing is seriously uncool. I wish the "remove then re-add" trick still worked for regenerating smashed ears, noses, and things.
You could try editing out the [HEALING_RATE:100] in the tissue_template_default.txt file of your save to speed up/improve recovery or even remove the [GETS_WOUND_INFECTIONS] & [GETS_INFECTIONS_FROM_ROT]from the character's race raw files.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4