Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Master Biter > ANY OTHER CHOICE  (Read 3665 times)

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Master Biter > ANY OTHER CHOICE
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2010, 02:32:30 pm »

no, eyelids can't come off with vanilla creatures.

True, and eyes, and throats, cheeks, lips, etc.

HOWEVER ONCE I saw a elf missing an eyelid, i think it was from worldgen.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2010, 03:04:26 pm »

They can't be torn off like a limb, but they can be destroyed from heavy damage.

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2010, 05:06:12 pm »

What about biting people's limbs off and beating them to death with them?
[/quote

Biting is good for opening arteries, but I don't think it can really tear the limbs off of most creatures.

Not necessarily. I had a wrestler (ex-axeman) following me around who had been reduced to a quadriplegic and ended up incredibly skilled at biting, and she regularly took hands off and once she bit some poor bastard's entire arm off. It's only happened once, unfortunately.
So, I tediously awaited the arrival of the dwarven caravan (I'm set up on a island, see)... And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Then everything near it exploded in a cloud of blood.

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2010, 06:05:15 pm »

Nightcreatures have some weird anatomy. I fought one with only a single eye, but left and right eyelids. And is it just me, or do all sorts of nightcreatures lack things like fingers and toes?

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2010, 07:56:28 am »

Biting is good for opening arteries, but I don't think it can really tear the limbs off of most creatures.

I guess you could bite someone's eyelid and shake them around by it, causing it to tear off and remain in your grip, then throw it and hope you get a lucky strike, causing tearing the skull and bruising the brain.

pfft. You're just not trying hard enough.

Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2010, 08:56:21 am »

Biting is good at making things fall on the ground without killing them or just killing them outright, but just sucks when you have a whole army chasing you East to West

i've Gotten 45 kills by just biting someone's head off or biting it and shaking it off , It's not that goddamned hard or uncommon

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2010, 08:57:57 am »

Biting is wonderful for ripping off small appendages and opening arteries.

If the target is small enough you can bite off entire limbs. I once bit off a Bogeyman's left arm. That was a good night.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

sdrawkcabcM tsirU

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2010, 03:08:39 pm »

So put 10 in wrestling, and 10 in biting, rest in dodge and swimming :D (at least that's what I do, another build is just biting and dodge with lil in swimming).  Does wrestling effect biting when you are using it to shake them under the wrestle menu?

So far using wrestling to knock them unconscious then proceeding to bite off there head is a very quick way to kill someone :D  and how cool is it to be known as a man/dwarf who bites off heads of his victims (then eats them)

for real, discuss
Interesting, but from my experience dodging is disabled whenever you have a hold on someone, which kinda makes sense, as moving away might break the hold anyway (unless you are stretch armstrong). I'd go shield user. Sure, you loose a hand for holds and have to be more careful about your positioning, but it's better than getting hit constantly.

I had a similar adventurer that would choke, then just bash em over the head with shield (pretty sure that is misc obj). It kills humanoids surprisingly well, and I don't think I ever had a glance off helm, though I might have been lucky. It also seemed to cause spinal damage and weapon/shield drop about 70% of the time if it didn't insta-kill. It's not horribly useful unless they manage to wake up, but it's still cool. Wrestling/shield didn't seem very useful against larger creatures though, other than as a disarm/distraction to let any companions do their work. Spear is a much better option for such things. I don't think biting could do deep enough damage, though it'd be better than shield bashing.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2010, 04:02:29 pm »

Size hasn't seemed much of a block on biting's effectiveness (once it and wrestling are high enough).
What IS a bad idea is biting anything with fancy blood. In Genesis Mod, for instance, unless you are fireproof, do not bite a Balor. Your head will melt. This is survivable, but only by incredible badasses who happened to have a pond to jump into.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2010, 05:10:32 pm »

They can't be torn off like a limb, but they can be destroyed from heavy damage.

But you can use a axe and target the eyelid/eye/cheek/lip and keep stabbing and slashing at it and it cant be "Destroyed" can you give me a picture of a destroyed eyelid or whatever then?

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2010, 10:09:58 pm »

This being the Internet, inb4someonepostsapictureofanIRLdestroyedeyelid.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2010, 02:55:16 am »

But you can use a axe and target the eyelid/eye/cheek/lip and keep stabbing and slashing at it and it cant be "Destroyed" can you give me a picture of a destroyed eyelid or whatever then?

That eyelid-biting thing reminds me, once i played adventure and was trying to kill a dragon:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2010, 06:04:40 pm »

ROFL, that's what they call a "Surgical strike" in the Army!
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2010, 07:11:42 pm »

That eyelid-biting thing reminds me, once i played adventure and was trying to kill a dragon:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Painfully funny cuz' it won't get rip out...but it's still beaten when the Dragon actually bites your actual eye AND shakes you around.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

mnemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2010, 01:38:12 am »

My human adventurers have bitten off kobold, goblin and human limbs, so it is possible.

Also biting is very useful when you get a simple hit with it against someone that constantly dodges your normal attacks ... no more dodging when you got your teeth around their throat  ;D
Pages: 1 [2]