Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I believe i have fully figured out adventure mode, cept these few things...  (Read 2243 times)

Smackinjuice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quests; when you receive one from a town, complete it, and then return.  You are able to tell spread the news.  How does this affect your game?  Is there any way to receive treasures?

Also who else can give quests?

and when playing a dwarf, i find it hard to find anything other than large clothing; is that the majority? what do elves wear? Or am i just not finding the right enemies :D

Oh and how does trading work, cause i see that everything goes by weight i believe.  I try to go above in selling compared to what i'm buying, only to have them owe me currency since they never think it's enough (in which case i steal the items at night :D).

Also I feel like i'm just missing out on things, what is there for beginner adventures to practice on, then what is there for intermediate? then what do the experts do.

Hydrall

• Bay Watcher
  • Target Verified: Commencing Hostilities
    • View Profile
    • TVTropes

Currently, humans dominate the game, to the point where I've started wondering if this is going to become Human Fortress.

Until Mountain Halls and Forest Retreats are fixed, there's basically no way (as far as I know) to resupply a dorf.

Also, as for trading, I have no clue either. \/(O_o)\/
After seven days and seven nights, God said "Screw this!" and abandoned the fortress.

Uristmcfisherdwarf cancels fish: Interrupted by harmless minnow

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out

Turning in quests builds your fame and allows you to hire more followers.
People and Lords give quests.
That is the majority. Humans wear large, dwarves and goblins wear small, and elves wear narrow. Kill gobbies or raid lairs for possible dead dwarfs, and their possessions.
ASDFGHJKL are used to askfor/reset/offer different amounts of currency. When selling, ask for maximum dworfbuks, and the clerk will offer the standard price. When buying, offer a single dworfbuk, and the clerk will slap you across the face before making you the standard price. You then proceed to pick up the goods you bought from the tables around the shops, (they lack $$ around them), and money from the table in the rearward center.
Die alot. Die less often. Don't die.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile

For trading. Offer one db for any items you want and they'll tell you what it's akshully worth, same as when you are selling, ask for 9000 db always. The items without $around them$ belong to you. Cash will appear in the chest in the shop, again it won't have $around it$ if it belongs to you.

Edit: Ninja'd
*Hugs*

Smackinjuice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok awsome!

Now, When you wrestle someone, and grab there throat with your upper arm; you can take them down, then strange, then choke.

What other special body parts are their to grab.  Cause if you grab say there head, all i can do is take down or throw.

Also, when my weapon get's stuck in there body; i usually just wiggle it back out as that's the only thing i know to do with it.  Where as if I bite them, i can go into wrestle mode and shake them around.  That's it for now :D currently playing will have more questions.  Also i learned how to make fires those are SOOO cool.

and yeah i'm playing as a human for now on, you seem to find 50% large, 25% norm (dwarf) and 25% elf... depending where you are values will be way different of course.

OH!!! and multigrasp, how much better is this than using a shield? perks? downsides? (other than the obvious shield has 20% block, I don't know how much shield user increases this by).

AND!!! what's better, fighter or "weapon of choice" skill.  So far my super Hero (demi god is cheating... and peasant is HARD)

10 in swordsman
10 in dodge
7 in swimming! :D hate drowning, and there are rivers EVERYWHERE, specially when you are running away from a scary beast they always end up being in your way.
7 in wrestling; i find the fastest way to kill someone is A: hit them in an easy spot to get them off guard, then wrestle the throat, choke them unconscious; then have fun with sword :D:D:D.

Also head shots do the most damage, slashing is best for limbs, stabbing is best for body? maybe? also if i meet an armour user what's better, slashing or stabbing? and when would i want to use the slap or strike with my sword?  Also what weapons do you guys prefer i find they are all equal in that they all work well with some, and not so well with others.  which ones are better more often is axe or sword IMO
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 04:05:39 pm by Smackinjuice »

Smackinjuice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow! call me the Evil Dentist :D.  So a Spear man enters my office, he's a ring leader, lil he knows i'm on a quest to kill him.  Anyhow he had a acheing tooth, i let him know it's best i put him under because of the pain.  He agrees so i strangle and choke him unconscious.  After that i precede to use my sword to stab and slash all his teeth out.

infact now i'm upgrading to surgeon and am going to work on his eye lids and nose and mouth.  I'm keeping these body parts... i'll have a tomb of body parts and teeth one day muahaha ha!

maybe i should be the tooth fairy actually :D

Ok what can i do when i grab their clothes, or weapons.  Am i able to do anything with them?  AND!!!! is there any other cool tricks with wrestling too :D
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 04:12:07 pm by Smackinjuice »

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
  • Living On the Mirror's Edge
    • View Profile

"Elves not naked enough? Take away their trousers! Bandits got pointy-pointy-sharp-sharp? Take it away too!"

If you grab clothing and weapons with one of your free hands, you can 'I' -> gain possession. :P

Just know, people tend to be slightly fond of their clothing and weapons, so successfully taking/removing said items won't always be easy... unless they're unconscious. ;)

EDIT: Oh, also with a free hand, you can 'pinch'. Doesn't usually do much unless you've got a high strength and are grabbing a somewhat small appendage, or so I've at least figured out. Pinching out teeth, for example, is somewhat possible. Just not feasible.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 04:24:05 pm by inEQUALITY »
Quote from: Carl Sagan
It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.
If the magma cannon doesn't count, they aren't proper scientists.

Smackinjuice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can break their hips! this game is AWSOME

Ok so if i grab there weapon I go into 'I'nventory and than use it

What if i sneak and knock someone out from behind, will they know it was me :D

What other special attacks, as in aim for this body part; or wrestle this body part?  and differences between upper and lower arm/leg

Now I broke his arm!!! muahaha, wrestlers are waaaay legit :D  Also i grabbed his cuts that were hanging out from my silver short sword; but was unable to do anything with them =/  be awsome if i could rip them out and watch him collapse.  Ok so I bit his guts and shook them around, didn't seem like it did much.  Why can't i just eat his guts while they hang from his body as he is standing there alive in pain.

Edit, kicking his guts will make him get sick, and then vomit; specially when you keep kicking them :D
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 04:38:02 pm by Smackinjuice »

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
  • Living On the Mirror's Edge
    • View Profile

You can break their hips! this game is AWSOME

Ok so if i grab there weapon I go into 'I'nventory and than use it

What if i sneak and knock someone out from behind, will they know it was me :D

What other special attacks, as in aim for this body part; or wrestle this body part?  and differences between upper and lower arm/leg

Now I broke his arm!!! muahaha, wrestlers are waaaay legit :D  Also i grabbed his cuts that were hanging out from my silver short sword; but was unable to do anything with them =/  be awsome if i could rip them out and watch him collapse.  Ok so I bit his guts and shook them around, didn't seem like it did much.  Why can't i just eat his guts while they hang from his body as he is standing there alive in pain.

Edit, kicking his guts will make him get sick, and then vomit; specially when you keep kicking them :D

There is too much eflishness and so little dorfishness in this post it makes Urist want to cry. :(

But in all seriousness, I can't think of anything that hasn't really been mentioned up to this point.
Quote from: Carl Sagan
It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.
If the magma cannon doesn't count, they aren't proper scientists.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

You can kinda sorta rip their guts out. If your character's strong enough and has a free hand, you can grab their guts and pinch them. Sometimes that'll end up severing them, I think. I haven't done it in a while so I can't remember if you still have hold of them or if they go flying off in an arc or just disappear or what.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I believe i have fully figured out adventure mode, cept these few things...
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2010, 09:28:49 pm »

You can kinda sorta rip their guts out. If your character's strong enough and has a free hand, you can grab their guts and pinch them. Sometimes that'll end up severing them, I think. I haven't done it in a while so I can't remember if you still have hold of them or if they go flying off in an arc or just disappear or what.

I'm now intrigued by the possibility of strangling my opponents with their own intestines. I need to try this.
EDIT: Damn, first attempt failed. I managed to tear out a kobold's guts once he was unconscious (I couldn't while he was still conscious) but they ended up in the same space as him and he bled out before waking up so I couldn't get him out of that spot. But this has confirmed that yes, you can tear out guts as long as the person is unconscious.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 09:35:22 pm by Mythos »
So, I tediously awaited the arrival of the dwarven caravan (I'm set up on a island, see)... And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Then everything near it exploded in a cloud of blood.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2010, 09:45:09 pm »

Well, you could always strangle someone else with those guts. :p
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2010, 09:47:21 pm »

True. The torn out guts of an enemy would certainly make an amusing weapon.
So, I tediously awaited the arrival of the dwarven caravan (I'm set up on a island, see)... And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Smackinjuice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2010, 09:52:38 pm »

What's the perks and nerks of slashing vs stabbing with sword or whatever weapon has those 2 options.  Slashing seems to go for the kill more often

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2010, 09:54:31 pm »

It seems like slashing has more potential for severing things but stabbing has more potential for damaging internal organs and it seems to do much better against armored opponents, including things like hydras and dragons.

Pages: [1] 2