Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 77

Author Topic: BYOR5.5 - Day 9: Just Kidding. Game Over.  (Read 130342 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR5.5 - Day 5: Undying Days
« Reply #945 on: January 25, 2011, 08:14:06 pm »

Told you I'm town.

Anyway, while I still support an Argembarger lynch, we should all lynch Ottofar for being lying obvscum.  He claimed to have an ability after he publicly lost all of them.  Unless someone wants to claim giving him an ability, he needs to hang today.

I'm going to have to catch up.  Urg.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: January 25, 2011, 09:21:19 pm »

Told you I'm town.
That's also what you said about Jokerman.

Anyway, while I still support an Argembarger lynch, we should all lynch Ottofar for being lying obvscum.  He claimed to have an ability after he publicly lost all of them.  Unless someone wants to claim giving him an ability, he needs to hang today.
NativeForeigner's claiming power weirdness as well, so it might not be a lie. More importantly, he's got no vote and (supposedly) no powers, so he's harmless. Unless we want to confirm the number of scum remaining, we're better off searching out his partner.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: January 25, 2011, 11:32:54 pm »

Toaster's ability probably didn't take away group abilities. Vote Ottofar.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: January 26, 2011, 01:19:08 am »

Toaster's ability probably didn't take away group abilities. Vote Ottofar.
Group abilities? You mean mafiakill?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: January 26, 2011, 01:36:15 am »

Archangel: Tell us more about the flavor text of your revival. Do you have any abilities?
"You have become a Skeleton (cult). You may talk in cultchat here: [Link withheld for obvious reasons]"

I am part of a cult and, though I don't have any abilities, I am unblockable.

Yeah, fuck this shit. Archangel.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: January 26, 2011, 01:48:24 am »

Archangel: Tell us more about the flavor text of your revival. Do you have any abilities?
"You have become a Skeleton (cult). You may talk in cultchat here: [Link withheld for obvious reasons]"

Well, I don't think you're lying.

Off topic-ish: Since it's not a direct quote, is that allowed?

Back on topic: I'm tempted to ask you who the leader is, but I feel that would be unsportsmanlike and probably disallowed.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: January 26, 2011, 02:10:54 am »

I ain't sayin' anythin' more. I don't want to ruin the game for the people who want to play, all I want is to not be playing.

Off topic-ish: Since it's not a direct quote, is that allowed?
I doubt that will get me a modkill since I copied my role before my lynch and didn't get it in the neck for it. But modkill or lynch, I don't care. Even if I weren't going to stop playing Mafia for a while after WWYDT, I would avoid for a loooong time any game made by Web, due to how bastardy this game is.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: January 26, 2011, 02:14:04 am »

I ain't sayin' anythin' more. I don't want to ruin the game for the people who want to play, all I want is to not be playing.

Fair enough, that's why I didn't outright ask. :P
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: January 26, 2011, 08:41:35 am »

Due to blatant rule breaking - AKA screwing over your team - Archangel has been modkilled. Also, the Day has been ended, both of which were deserved. Sorry if this ruins your game experience for anyone else, as I really wasn't planning on something like that happening.

Vote Count
------------------------
Pandarsenic -
Org -
Ottofar -
Argembarger -
IronyOwl -
Mr.Person -
NativeForeigner -
Nirur Torir -
Zathras -
Toaster -

Not Voting - Ottofar, Mr.Person, NativeForeigner, Zathras, Argembarger, IronyOwl, Nirur Torir, Pandarsenic, Org, Toaster,

6 To Hammer. Day Ends Friday 9 PM Central.

Archangel has been modkilled!

Archangel was a Skeleton (cult).

It is now Night.

Skeleton
“The world dies over and over again, but the skeleton always gets up and walks.” -Henry Miller

(Auto) Undead Fervor: You are unblockable.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: January 27, 2011, 08:48:41 pm »

Because I have run out of things to say, I'll simply let you all get on with the game.

Pandarsenic has been killed!

Pandarsenic was A Litter Of Kittens (town)!

Vote Count
------------------------
Org -
Ottofar -
Argembarger -
IronyOwl -
Mr.Person -
NativeForeigner -
Nirur Torir -
Zathras -
Toaster -

Not Voting - Ottofar, Mr.Person, NativeForeigner, Zathras, Argembarger, IronyOwl, Nirur Torir, Org, Toaster,

5 To Hammer. Day Ends Tuesday 9 PM Central.

It is now Day.

Pandarsenic - A Litter Of Kittens
"The only bad thing about a kitten is that when it grows up it's always a CAT" -Anonymous

(Auto) Litter: You have an unknown number of kittens. When you run out of kittens, you may not action anymore. You use a kitten for each ability.
(Auto) Nine Lives: You revive on death. This costs one kitten.
(Auto) Multiply: Your may action targets everyone by simply saying "Multi" in front of the ability (i.e. Multidraw). The action combined with this ability costs three kittens instead of one. If you don't have enough kittens, this ability fails.
(Night) Kitten Physics [target]: You turn the air particles around the target into kittens, preventing them from leaving the (very fuzzy) area.
(Night) Draw [target]: You draw your target to you. They will action you instead.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR5.5 - Day 6: Poor Kitty
« Reply #955 on: January 27, 2011, 08:49:48 pm »

That is right.
Pandar was town.
You nearly nuked a good town role.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: January 27, 2011, 09:02:15 pm »

Any other insights, Org?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: January 27, 2011, 09:04:40 pm »

Oh my god, you remembered the kitten physics...

Carry on, everyone :3
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: January 27, 2011, 09:09:04 pm »

The killer was not.... Native, I think?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: January 27, 2011, 09:15:20 pm »

A fascinating lack of talk about you being blocked on the one night where I finally decided that there were few enough blockable targets left to risk leaving Pandarsenic unblocked.

Org, you are one of the few still able to be the cult leader. I blocked you last night. The one night without a cult revive.

Here's my logic for blocking him, when I sent in my night action:
Quote from: Me
I want to block Pandarsenic, but he's used to being blocked. If he is scum, he won't have the kill.
I see no reason to block Ottofar.
There is no reason to block an unblockable skeleton, leaving out Zathras/Mr.Person/Toaster. (I rather wonder what ability the cult has.)
I do not believe you would have allowed Argembarger to continue using abilities if he wasn't posting, meaning he's not worth blocking.
MBP can't be the cult leader or scum, as he's been disappeared. I think I believe his claim.
Org's a self-reviver, and likes lying about his role. Valid target.
IronyOwl's possible, but I don't think you'd have a godfather/revivocult leader.
NF is a valid target, if a necromancer would have an ability to make people vanish.

I never thought I'd say this, but:
I block Org.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 77