Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 77

Author Topic: BYOR5.5 - Day 9: Just Kidding. Game Over.  (Read 130508 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR5.5 - Day 3: Mr.Person Got Better
« Reply #615 on: January 08, 2011, 04:56:37 am »

I'm against cult-hunting me since I'm not one. This isn't scummy for anyone to do, it's just a waste of time. I'm much more opposed to not scumhunting, which is what NativeForeigner and to a lesser extend MysteriousBluePuppet have done. That is definitely scummy, and I will be voting to lynch for stopping the scumhunting to go culthunting.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: January 08, 2011, 10:43:10 am »

Do you admit you were in the wrong now or are you going to be ultra stubborn that your stupidity was correct?
I retain my position.
It's far too powerful a role for town (If somebody has a permakill ability to counter all the revivery, it hasn't been used yet, and thus is probably a one-shot.)
Whatever he's planning on the night he multidraws, it's not good for town.

Let's just say there's 12 players and a 3-player cult. One of those cult member is the leader while the others are vanilla members. The town lynches a cult member. There's now 11 players with a 2-player cult. The cult converts a player. There's now 11 players with a 3-player cult. The cult has a higher cult member/townie ratio, so the cult holds more of the town's votes. In other words, the cult is stronger.
I can see how that would hold true for a normal cult, but I was asking specifically about a revivocult.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: January 08, 2011, 12:50:56 pm »

I am going to eat, and then read Day three. Sorry, I have been preetty busy some exam stuf.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: January 08, 2011, 05:49:43 pm »

Yes, I would mindNativeForeigner. That's some pretty blatant rolefishing there. Why exactly do you want me to roleclaim?

A) But how do we know you're not cult? Or Mr. Person for that matter. I'm not sure any of us can answer this question right now, which worries me. The dead being constantly revived just doesn't settle well with me, which is why I suggest considering lynching one of the revivees to see the flip. (Brutal, yes, but the only sure way to know).

So how would this help us catch the scum? Oh, what's that? It doesn't? You're just trying to waste everyone's time and let the scum slip by? Good try, NativeForeigner. Care to explain why you don't seem to care at all about catching scum?

Yes, it is blatant. I want you to roleclaim because it could either help or hinder your case. I want to know your previous role as a townie and your role now to see what kind of changes happened. Why are you so hesitant to share, Mr. Person?

You're right, it wouldn't help catch scum at all. Because it's trying to catch culstists.  I want to catch scum, that's why I went after Jokerman yesterday and was intending to go after Toaster today. But it's more important to nip a cult early, they grow in size. Scum doesn't. However, we're not sure, so I suggested lynching a revivee to see the flip. If it's cultist, we try to find the leader. If it's town, we don't waste our time. I'm not the only one who likes this idea and it'll prevent town from losing later in te game to a cult.

Unvote

So why are you so against cult-hunting, Mr. Person? It seems like you're afraid of being discovered. Through your actions, you're my candidate revivee to lynch.

I'm guessing I found you out so you're trying to OMGUS and misdirect everyone into making me the bad guy here when you're the one fucking up. Alright.

You want me to roleclaim because you said so. I don't want to roleclaim to hinder the scum. Hindering scum is FAR more important than proving I'm not in a cult. I am no longer answering questions that are at all related to my role.

But see, you're not asking questions or even attempting to figure out if there's a cult, you just want to lynch players who would be cult members. This doesn't make sense. A townie would be asking questions. A townie would be trying to find the cult leader. So not only are you just instantly assuming there's a cult without any evidence, you're also trying to stop a cult in the worst way possible. You don't care about the cult, you're just jumping at the chance to get an easy mislynch.

Right, I'm fucking up because I want to confirm whether or not there's a cult. That's so wrong of me. I want you to roleclaim because you're so hesitant to do anything. You're not answering questions, you're avoid the mere possibility of a cult and you won't say a thing about your role. It seems like you're desperately trying to avoid being painted as cult and you're only hurting yourself.

I asked you a question and not only did you not answer it, but you had a fit about it. Why would I want to ask you anymore? It's not like you'll answer them, you'll just throw a fit about them and complain about how I'm trying to confirm a cult. It's not looking very good for you.

What do you mean I'm not trying to figure out if there's a cult? Are you slow? I want to lynch a revivee to see the flip. That's the only surefire way to find out if there's a cult and I was the first one to suggest it. I think we should make you that revivee, Mr. Person. You're already painting yourself a pretty cult picture, how about we find out for sure? Why should we waste time trying to find the leader if we don't even know for sure that there's a cult? If we lynch you, we know for sure. If there's a cult, we hunt down the leader. If not, we don't waste time. Are you just not reading or something? Because your arguments are making very little sense.

Person:  You missed this:

Person:  Do you have a new alignment as well?  Do you like your new or old role better?

I didn't miss it, I skipped the question. Thanks for reminding me about your blatant rolefishing, Toaster, I would of forgotten about it if you hadn't of brought it up.

No, I do not have a new alignment.
No comment.

I see you're jumping on everybody that questions you, especially those that question your role and alignment. Why are you so damn jumpy? Is it because you're cult and we're on to you?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: January 08, 2011, 05:50:39 pm »

PPE: Whoops, this is what it should have been.

I'm against cult-hunting me since I'm not one. This isn't scummy for anyone to do, it's just a waste of time. I'm much more opposed to not scumhunting, which is what NativeForeigner and to a lesser extend MysteriousBluePuppet have done. That is definitely scummy, and I will be voting to lynch for stopping the scumhunting to go culthunting.

You're so convincing, I mean, really. You're not cult? Why didn't you just say so? And you're absolutely right, I'm not scumhunting at all. That's why I was after Jokerman all day yesterday (who was scum for the record) and after Toaster to a lesser extent today. What you're doing is screaming cult to me. You want us to completely ignore the possibility of a cult because it would be "wasting time". Would it really be wasting time if we confirmed the existence (or lack of existence) of a cult? If we ignore the possibility of a cult and there is one, town will be fucked over by the time we root out all of the scum. Nip the cult first, keep the blocking the same to prevent NKs, then kill the scum.

Your arguments are weak, Mr. Person. You're trying to accuse me of being scum because I'm trying to keep a possible cult from winning this? Yeah, totally scummy. It's totally scummy to start trying to get rid of a group early that only grows larger each day as opposed to scum, which stays the same size.

Lynching a supposed cultist is mostly to see the flip. I am aware of the danger, especially since a revivo cult number grow more steadily than those of a normal cult
With a bit of luck we can get some information about what power the rezzed people got. I would indeed prefer if we lynched the cult leader, but since we don't know who it is exactly, it may at least give us some insight on what we are facing.
By the same token, if you guys got revived with new powers, why are you so reticent to claiming. Frankly, i doubt that you guys got shiny cop or guardian power. Blocker also would not make sense. Aint many more power possible, maybe limited redirect or the like.

Questons are nice but i doubt that if you guys are a cult you will answer truthfully. Meh,
Do you know who resurrected you ? If yes, was it Pandar ? Do you owe the reviver allegiance? Do you have a chat ? Did your win conditions change ?
Are you if the revive is usable only once per player (as in, if one of you get lynched, can you be raised again) ?
Since right now only Pandar has admitted to a revive and he was apparently blocked last night, does someone else claim that revive ?

Seriously? You can't figure out why I don't want to claim? Really? I'm not claiming for the same reason we haven't MC'd already; I want to deny the scum information. The only reason you'd pry into this so much is because you're scum, since townies don't care what roles the other players have.

And your reasoning for not asking questions is laughable at best. By your logic we should never ask anyone questions ever.

You seem really hesitant to answer or even consider any questions. Is it because you're afraid to slip up? Because that's what it seems like.

Yes, I would mindNativeForeigner. That's some pretty blatant rolefishing there. Why exactly do you want me to roleclaim?

A) But how do we know you're not cult? Or Mr. Person for that matter. I'm not sure any of us can answer this question right now, which worries me. The dead being constantly revived just doesn't settle well with me, which is why I suggest considering lynching one of the revivees to see the flip. (Brutal, yes, but the only sure way to know).

So how would this help us catch the scum? Oh, what's that? It doesn't? You're just trying to waste everyone's time and let the scum slip by? Good try, NativeForeigner. Care to explain why you don't seem to care at all about catching scum?

Yes, it is blatant. I want you to roleclaim because it could either help or hinder your case. I want to know your previous role as a townie and your role now to see what kind of changes happened. Why are you so hesitant to share, Mr. Person?

You're right, it wouldn't help catch scum at all. Because it's trying to catch culstists.  I want to catch scum, that's why I went after Jokerman yesterday and was intending to go after Toaster today. But it's more important to nip a cult early, they grow in size. Scum doesn't. However, we're not sure, so I suggested lynching a revivee to see the flip. If it's cultist, we try to find the leader. If it's town, we don't waste our time. I'm not the only one who likes this idea and it'll prevent town from losing later in te game to a cult.

Unvote

So why are you so against cult-hunting, Mr. Person? It seems like you're afraid of being discovered. Through your actions, you're my candidate revivee to lynch.

I'm guessing I found you out so you're trying to OMGUS and misdirect everyone into making me the bad guy here when you're the one fucking up. Alright.

You want me to roleclaim because you said so. I don't want to roleclaim to hinder the scum. Hindering scum is FAR more important than proving I'm not in a cult. I am no longer answering questions that are at all related to my role.

But see, you're not asking questions or even attempting to figure out if there's a cult, you just want to lynch players who would be cult members. This doesn't make sense. A townie would be asking questions. A townie would be trying to find the cult leader. So not only are you just instantly assuming there's a cult without any evidence, you're also trying to stop a cult in the worst way possible. You don't care about the cult, you're just jumping at the chance to get an easy mislynch.

Right, I'm fucking up because I want to confirm whether or not there's a cult. That's so wrong of me. I want you to roleclaim because you're so hesitant to do anything. You're not answering questions, you're avoid the mere possibility of a cult and you won't say a thing about your role. It seems like you're desperately trying to avoid being painted as cult and you're only hurting yourself.

I asked you a question and not only did you not answer it, but you had a fit about it. Why would I want to ask you anymore? It's not like you'll answer them, you'll just throw a fit about them and complain about how I'm trying to confirm a cult. It's not looking very good for you.

What do you mean I'm not trying to figure out if there's a cult? Are you slow? I want to lynch a revivee to see the flip. That's the only surefire way to find out if there's a cult and I was the first one to suggest it. I think we should make you that revivee, Mr. Person. You're already painting yourself a pretty cult picture, how about we find out for sure? Why should we waste time trying to find the leader if we don't even know for sure that there's a cult? If we lynch you, we know for sure. If there's a cult, we hunt down the leader. If not, we don't waste time. Are you just not reading or something? Because your arguments are making very little sense.

Person:  You missed this:

Person:  Do you have a new alignment as well?  Do you like your new or old role better?

I didn't miss it, I skipped the question. Thanks for reminding me about your blatant rolefishing, Toaster, I would of forgotten about it if you hadn't of brought it up.

No, I do not have a new alignment.
No comment.

I see you're jumping on everybody that questions you, especially those that question your role and alignment. Why are you so damn jumpy? Is it because you're cult and we're on to you?

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: January 08, 2011, 05:55:30 pm »

DAMN IT. FUCKING QUOTES ARE FAILING ME. One more time, condensed version.

[ur=http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=72355.msg1866041#msg1866041l]Reply to this:[/url]

(From Mr. Person's response to Toaster's questioning in the same post)

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: January 08, 2011, 06:00:42 pm »

I say we lynch Mr. P or Zathras. Just to see.
Also, them both quickly going against the   cult thing.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: January 08, 2011, 06:18:08 pm »

You are attempting to run down my revives so I cannot use my multidraw.
This is just downright hilarious. A roleblocker is desperate to burn down a third of your multidraw.

Also, what happened to me stalling? Aren't you going to explain where that was?

As a revivee who's been unable or unwilling to account for his own revive, are you sure you want to encourage this?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: January 08, 2011, 06:57:35 pm »

As a revivee who's been unable or unwilling to account for his own revive, are you sure you want to encourage this?
[/quote]

I thought Ottofar's revival was under a different circumstance? It doesn't seem possible that the possible reviocult could have gotten to him given the timespan that his death and revival happened. Mr. P and Zathras are much better candidates, given that their revivals fit a potential revivocult.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: January 08, 2011, 07:06:46 pm »

You are attempting to run down my revives so I cannot use my multidraw.
This is just downright hilarious. A roleblocker is desperate to burn down a third of your multidraw.

Also, what happened to me stalling? Aren't you going to explain where that was?

He wants to lynch me until I can no longer multidraw. I'm sure you're smart enough to figure out how that works.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: January 08, 2011, 08:04:42 pm »

Actually, Ottofar brings up a good point.  If the revivocult's ability is targeted, he can't be cult, since he was alive at the start of N1.  He'd only be cult if it was some sort of passive ability, which would be ridiculously powerful.

Anyway, Person:  I'm not sure how asking about your preference of role constitutes rolefishing, but fine, you can disregard that question.  Your answer of no comment is noted.

Questions for you:  Who do you think is mafia and why?    Who do you think is the cult leader and why?  Do you think all four of the people that have revived are cult?  If not, which ones are and are not, and why?

Mafia,  i dont have any much to show. You are a possibility, and so is Archangel, Argem, etc. More to the point, id rather say those i don't suspect: Ottofar (modkill and revive) Zath and MrPerson(cult, not mafia). really, id need to check it more in detail, but for now i'm really REALLY stessed at a cult. If we dont get the leader before day 4-5 hell get vote majority and nothing good will come of it .

What's that?  You don't want to help look for your scummates?  Yeah, you're mafia.  Let's just hang you and get it over with.

Ok, poll for everyone:

1.  Should I nuke someone today?
2.  Who would you like me to nuke?   (Even if you said no to #1)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: January 08, 2011, 09:34:38 pm »

He wants to lynch me until I can no longer multidraw. I'm sure you're smart enough to figure out how that works.
Indeed, he intends to convince town to lynch you five nights in a row. That's a good plan, and likely to work if your momentous scumhunting doesn't continue as planned.

Also, your baseless attempt to say I'm stalling, then refusal to so much as mention it later, is noted.

Quote from: IronyOwl
I thought Ottofar's revival was under a different circumstance? It doesn't seem possible that the possible reviocult could have gotten to him given the timespan that his death and revival happened. Mr. P and Zathras are much better candidates, given that their revivals fit a potential revivocult.
Actually, Ottofar brings up a good point.  If the revivocult's ability is targeted, he can't be cult, since he was alive at the start of N1.  He'd only be cult if it was some sort of passive ability, which would be ridiculously powerful.
This was mentioned before, and isn't what I'm getting at. He's not cult (or at least not a standard revivocult member), but I find his living through a modkill with no explanation somewhat suspicious. For him to then say "man I don't trust those revive guys" is further peculiar, in my opinion, especially combined with his blatant lurking and uselessness.

1. Yes.

2. Org, Ottofar, or MBP. They're all useless and lurky, and neutralizing them would allow us to safely ignore them, as they apparently prefer anyway. I'm inclined towards Org for his generally cryptic behavior, but all of them are a little suspicious and have essentially no chance of becoming not-useless. And if they do, pointing a nuke at them is probably what it would take.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: January 08, 2011, 10:36:52 pm »

Ok, poll for everyone:

1) I'm not entirely sure how to feel about your nuke right now. Could you answer a few questions before I decide?

A) When you nuke someone, do they lose their alliance as well?
B) Is there a possible way to know that this isn't some sort of role similar to the Advanced Doppelganger? Where you kill yourself to make your target scum.

2) I would say whomever seems the most likely to be cult leader. Org would seem like a good recipient, he's lurking terribly and avoiding attention by being "Org".

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: January 09, 2011, 12:04:56 am »

Irony:  I'd rather see MBP hang.  Threatening Org with it is an interesting idea, though.

Native:  Ask away. 

A:  Just votes and abilities.
B:  It doesn't say it does that.  You can read my roleflip if I use it, remember.

See above.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: January 09, 2011, 12:42:57 am »

Then use away, I say. As long as you're willing

Either MBP or Org are satisfactory choices imo.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 77