Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 77

Author Topic: BYOR5.5 - Day 9: Just Kidding. Game Over.  (Read 130578 times)

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR5.5 - Day 2: Old Friends Discuss New Times
« Reply #510 on: January 03, 2011, 07:31:37 pm »

I like how people think my ability to roleblock everyone is imbalanced, but Nirur's isn't.

Whooo first day of Russian and hoping I get into French.

I slept through the first day of one class already, bluuurgh.

Le francais c,est tres bien, mais plutot difficile. C'est ton choix.

And no, roleblocking is fine, but blocking everyone at once and endless lives is.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR5.5 - Vote Count
« Reply #511 on: January 03, 2011, 07:46:11 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Pandarsenic - MysteriousBluePuppet,
Org - IronyOwl,
Ottofar -
Argembarger -
Toaster - Org,
Archangel -
MysteriousBluePuppet -
IronyOwl -
Jokerman-EXE - Zathras, NativeForeigner, Nirur Torir,
NativeForeigner - Toaster, Jokerman-EXE,
Nirur Torir - Pandarsenic, Argembarger,
Zathras - Ottofar,

Not Voting - Archangel,

7 To Hammer. Day Ends Monday 9 PM Central.

I'm not sure who has asked for Extensions.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 03, 2011, 07:51:09 pm »

IronyOwl. Okay. You want me to do stuff. Scumhunting. How often do you hit scum.
really.
I have several suspects. How many do you have?

Toaster

Why vote Toaster?

That said, Unvote Org for now.

Nirur, I'd rather not lynch Org if I don't have to, but I'm not willing to wager the game on him happening to be town. If he refuses to do or say anything, he's unreadable and needs to be dealt with.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: January 03, 2011, 08:18:58 pm »

I've been busier than I expected, sorry. Here go my pending answers.

Zathras:  I see your evidence.  I can see your points generally; however, I agree with the premises but not the conclusion.  I don't see us getting any farther than that.

This is a useless answer, and a scummy way to curtail further discussion. You don't even specify if that was about my pointing out your scumminess or Jokerman's. It only increases my suspicions of you. Questions for you:
1) With which of the premises do you agree? with which you don't? For those you do agree with, if you accept the premises but reject the conclusion it must mean that either my reasoning is incorrect, or there's more data I'm not considering. Kindly point out what I'm missing.
2) Do you still think Jokerman is town?
3) Please give me your impressions of MBP and Pandar.

1. Do you or do you not admit to contradicting yourself several times D1? "mmmmaybe a third party", "I'd bet on a third party", "the odds of an anti-town role are extremely low", so are there or aren't there?; "I never said anything about ignoring lurkers." and "I'm not even defending lurking!", yes you did, and yes you were.
1. I do.
Very well. Let the record state that you admit to lying here:[1][2] ("I didn't say/defend it!"), and that you did defend lurking, which you yourself call "detrimental to town."
Follow up question: Why would a town-aligned player defend a behaviour that is detrimental to town?
I wasn't. Defending. Lurking. Stop fucking ignoring what I'm saying, it's really getting to piss me the fuck off, you ass.
Oh, not this again. You said "I do" above, so you did agree to it. But enough. I know what you said ("just fucking ignore it", "only if you are completely convinced all the active players are town", "nothing inherently scummy about it" and so on), so I'm done arguing the point with you. You did defend it, but I'm not interested in your opinion on the matter anymore.

2. You said your intention was to Vig-kill the lurkers. Leaving aside that you couldn't have NK'd them all, do you think killing the lurkers without knowing if they are town or scum is good for town? Don't you think you'd end up NK-ing townies that way? Wouldn't you want to at least ask them a couple of questions to better guess their alignment? Or is lurking a justifiable death sentence for town in your mind? Isn't challenging the lurkers to participate better for town than night killing them? That kind of indiscriminate bloodlust screams scum to me.
2. I didn't say anything about indiscriminately killing them all; I'm not an Exterminator. I also never said that I wouldn't target anyone else - I didn't mean to imply that I would only kill lurkers, simply that it was a prerogative that I have/had.
You said "if [lurking] got to be too much trouble this game I would just take them out myself"[1], and "lurkers would find themselves dead and the actual hunting would have more room to happen. That was my plan, anyway." [2]. I say you explicitly stated that your defense for defending lurkers was that you were planning to kill them, and didn't give a second thought as to what alignment the lurkers may have been. I didn't say you said "only", but how many nights do you think you'd have to try anyway? Your plan, as stated by you was "to get other town to hunt active people" so you could get the lurkers yourself. You weren't even proposing to ask them a single question or probe them a bit before shooting. No, your plan was "to take them out yourself", alignment be damned.
So I ask you again, as you didn't actually answer the question: Don't you think you'd end up NK-ing townies that way? Isn't challenging the lurkers to participate better for town than night killing them? But you not only didn't challenge them, but insisted that challenging was the wrong thing to do (unless you were completely convinced all the active players were town, that is).
Yes, I would likely have hit Town as well. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't have hit scum, and I would think that people would start to get the picture and not lurk after a specifically lurker-targeted NK.
So, you do admit on indiscriminate killing of lurkers without regards to their alignment. Hey, maybe they were scum (of a different team than yours), right? So who cares, shoot them all, wuba will sort them out.

This is a perfect storm of scummitude. Town would never indiscriminately shoot without a solid suspicion; it only takes a few townie deaths for the game to be lost. This is the #1 reason I vote you and think others should as well.

4. Do you concede that I could have no knowledge of your alignment, given that I wasn't in the scum team? If you do, weren't then you lying when you said "on D1 there's only one faction that knows something the others don't. [referring to me being that faction]"?
4. I suppose that's true. However, my statement is not false, and at the time I had no way of knowing that you weren't what I suspected you to be - can you admit to that? It was enough reason (I thought) for me to take matters into my own hands.
Yes, your statement is false. You said "on D1 there's only one faction that knows something the others don't. [referring to me being that faction]", and at the time you said it you knew exactly what faction I was then; you even posted "well, there's that roleflip, so fuck you and you and you", so you saw the roleflip, and knew that I wasn't of the faction you said I was.

Since you "suppose that's true", let the record show that you lied here [1]. This is particularly important, because this is the paragraph where you justify your action:

In the post where you admit lying you were answering the question "What specifically made you feel confident enough to kill him?", and your answer was "[...]on D1 there's only one faction that knows something the others don't." You didn't, and don't, have an answer for "What specifically made you feel confident enough to kill him?" and had to lie to get away from the question.

Let me restate it more simply: "What specifically made you feel confident enough to kill him?" Nothing but pure, unadulterated, emotional rage at being outed, and a necessity to shut your attacker up. You had no reason, no evidence, no confidence behind your attack, and had I flipped town you would never have claimed. You cowardly shut up the voice attacking you, and hid, only coming out when you saw it was safe. When asked why you did it, you could only lie to seem grandiose. There was nothing else you could say.

To hammer the point home, let me answer your question:
Quote from: Jokerman
at the time I had no way of knowing that you weren't what I suspected you to be - can you admit to that?
Of course I can. At the time, you had no way of knowing if I was town or SK or cult or jester (you did know I wasn't in your scum team, but in the hypothetical you aren't scum, you couldn't know I wasn't there either). You had no evidence, and you still shot with the only purpose to silence your attacker, and damn the consequences. What's his alignment? I don't know! I don't care! Just get rid of him! This is exactly the tought process your question betrays, and it's not a townie one.

Follow up: You admit you had no way of knowing I wasn't town, so what specifically made you feel confident enough to kill me? Had I flipped town, would you have claimed?

You're right, it was just a ragekill. But when that's an ability you have, and you feel you need to use it, you do. I did, it wasn't wrong, you're trying to turn it into a scumtell. You're trying to turn killing the Serial Killer into a scumtell. And yes, if you had flipped town, I would have claimed. It would be better for town if I did.

a) Bullshit, you wouldn't have claimed it, and you know it. But never mind. b) It is a scumtell. You shot indiscriminately, out of rage and OMGUS and self preservation. That you got lucky is immaterial, what's scummy is the thought process that led you to the kill.

Toaster: Jokerman has admitted to an irrational kill. You said earlier you bought his claim because a scum would rationally save his kill for LYLO. But he wasn't thinking, his shooting was based on emotion and cowardice, so your reason for buying it doesn't apply. Would you like to revise your position re: Joker's towniehood?

Jokerman, you didn't respond to this bit. I'll trim it so it's easier to read:

Didn't say you're scum. Said you're scummy. Zathras' assaults scummed you up quite a bit, and having the possibility for other anti-town roles, your name is not cleared. I'm not making any sort of new claims here, and I'll give hard evidence when I have it. Like I said, I'm choosing not to pursue you yet.
Basically what you're saying is that a highly anti-town role painted me to be scum, and that combined with the fact that there's a possibility of more anti-town roles, is enough to mark me as scummy in your eyes, despite the evidence to the contrary? Boy, that makes sense.

What, pray tell, evidence to the contrary? Produce that evidence, or you are lying again, scum.

But we all know there is no such evidence.

You also failed entirely to address or dispute these, so I'll assume you agree they are valid:

Summary

Jokerman did indeed lie about:
a) stating that he had evidence my previous role was scum;
b) stating that he had knowledge he didn't have, to make himself look better in the eyes of town;
c) stating I had knowledge I didn't have;
d) that he felt confident his daykill target would hit scum;
e) denying saying what he had indeed said.

Jokerman did admit to:
a) using his daykill without any evidence at all on his target's alignment, based only on self preservation, emotion, and gut feel; this is utterly scummy.
b) doing this only to shut up his attacker ("OMGUS? - it totally was!"); scummy.
c) defending a practice he considers detrimental to town; scummy.
d) intending to kill lurkers without regard to their alignment (though he may backtrack on this and admit to lying instead); super-scummy.
e) multiple contradictions; scummy.
f) placing an OMGUS vote, and then denying it was OMGUS, then admitting under pressure he had no basis for it; super-scummy.

Jokerman-EXE, you are a liar, a coward, and a scum.

How many lies does it take? Lynch all liars. How many scummy acts does it take? Lynch the scum.
To these we add your insistence on lying about the first point, your confirmation of intended anti-town behaviour, and your failure to produce the evidence you say exists.

You are scum.

As for the rest, briefly:
Pandarsenic - His plan seems like a trap, and seems too angry and irrational to have good intentions. I say probably scum, but not 100% sure. Pandar: Question: have you formed an opinion on Jokerman yet?
Org - Useless. I've stopped even paying attention to him. I can't read him, and I'm OK if he dies. Or if not.
Ottofar - Less lurky than usual, and yet hasn't helped. Unsure.
Argembarger - Was quite lurky, and then came back with what seem to me to be empty arguments and lack of focus. Probably scum, possibly Pandar's helper.
Toaster - Lurky and noncommittal. Faulty thinking, reluctance to express opinions, noticeable defence of Joker. Scum, Joker's scumbuddy. Pretty certain. Should hang ASAP.
Archangel - Angry, mostly useless, lurky. Unsure.
MysteriousBluePuppet - Mostly useless; seems scummy, but hard to pinpoint. Suspicious.
IronyOwl - Seems townie enough so far, but I've been wrong before.
Jokerman-EXE - Liar, coward and scum. Must die.
NativeForeigner - Seems townish, but too jumpy. Maybe noobtells, or maybe a scum doing a good town impersonation but too nervous about it. Unsure, but doesn't need to die soon.
Nirur Torir - Seems townie and rational enough... but I've been wrong before. May also be only hope against Pandar's trap, so at least he shouldn't hang today.

I don't know the composition of scum or factions. If we have one main scum team, it's probably three or four out of: Joker, Toaster, Pandar, Arg, MBP, Org. If there are two competing scums, then one is Joker&Toaster, while Pandar and maybe Arg, Native or Ottofar are in the other. Other than Org and Arch, I've not seen anyone overly jestery; if we have a survivor or cultist my hunch would be one of Ottofar, MBP or Nirur.

PS: Seeing the vote count, it's as I feared: confirming myself would require me to let my target go. And the difference is so small I'll have to go for one of the people who only have one vote. Oh well. It's up to you guys to hang Jokerman or Toaster. Unvote, (and unvote, unvote, unvote); vote Pandar (Pandar, Pandar, Pandar).
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 03, 2011, 08:52:55 pm »

Guess I'll four-way tie it at Toaster then. Jokerman's already used at least one power, and Toaster's roleclaim has the added bonus of relieving him of responsibility for his night action. If we assume both are scum (and Toaster certainly seems like Joker's buddy), Toaster should go first.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: January 03, 2011, 09:49:05 pm »

Guess I'll four-way tie it at Toaster then. Jokerman's already used at least one power, and Toaster's roleclaim has the added bonus of relieving him of responsibility for his night action. If we assume both are scum (and Toaster certainly seems like Joker's buddy), Toaster should go first.

I see your point, but a tie/no-lynch helps nobody, yes? Someone get in here in the next ten minutes, please, and break the stalemate (preferably by voting Joker or Toaster).

If it's still tied by T-minus-five-minutes, then I'll do it myself, missing my chance for confirmation. I dislike the idea, but a no-lynch is worse. If that happens, then I reiterate my request to be blocked tonight (or let Pandar do his thing) so the town knows I'm harmless, and so you don't have an incentive to lynch me tomorrow.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 03, 2011, 09:56:03 pm »

Extend 15 minutes while I type?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: January 03, 2011, 09:57:03 pm »

I guess confirming you as powerless is more important than getting Toaster over Joker. Unvote Toaster, Vote Jokerman.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: January 03, 2011, 10:09:24 pm »

Right.  First, IronyOwl is raising my ire again.  By voting me, he passes on his chance to hang Jokerman, who he's been hammering as scum.  Why?  Because he knows he'll flip town?  May be.

PPE:  Scratch that, I guess.

Zathras:  The premises are your points on Jokerman.  They (generally) have some merit, but I am still pretty damn firm in my belief that he is town.  The difference is in the interpretation of events: I see his acts as less scummy than you do, and see his general behavior as a whole as more townlike than you do.  WRT his use of his kill being irrational, I do not buy it as a scumtell at all.

I apologize in general for my play this game- I fully agree that it's been subpar.

If you want to lynch me, fine, but you should let me claim first if you do.  I'd rather not claim THIS close to deadline without hearing your response, since hardly anyone else likely will.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: January 03, 2011, 10:11:35 pm »

Yes, thanks. If Joker flips scum, then it'll be almost a certainty that Toaster is scum as well, and should hang tomorrow. I suggest someone blocks Toaster tonight; if Nurir blocks Pandar, then blocking Toaster should prevent the mafiakill, or if he doesn't and we have no other blockers, then Pandar's trap (ahem, plan I mean) should in theory prevent a mafiakill as well.

Oh well. We'll see where we are tomorrow. Sorry again for missing most of D2, I should be able to be more active D3.

PPE: Toaster, you'll hang tomorrow anyway. If you claim now, it may help your case tomorrow, and allow people to make more informed decisions for tonight, so perhaps you should, but it's up to you.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR5.5 - Vote Count
« Reply #520 on: January 03, 2011, 10:14:34 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Pandarsenic - MysteriousBluePuppet, Zathras,
Org -
Ottofar -
Argembarger -
Toaster - Org,
Archangel -
MysteriousBluePuppet -
IronyOwl -
Jokerman-EXE - NativeForeigner, Nirur Torir, IronyOwl,
NativeForeigner - Toaster, Jokerman-EXE,
Nirur Torir - Pandarsenic, Argembarger,
Zathras - Ottofar,

Not Voting - Archangel,

7 To Hammer. Day Ends Monday 9 PM Central. 1 Extension Requested.

Day Extended To Wednesday 9 PM Central.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 03, 2011, 10:15:28 pm »

Wuba did you count the toaster extension as a full one ?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 03, 2011, 10:16:14 pm »

And if Joker flips town?

If he flips scum, I'll claim fully in my first post tomorrow, since I can see I would almost certainly get lynched in that case.

PPE:  Errr... two day extension?  I hope I didn't cause that.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 03, 2011, 10:17:36 pm »

Wuba did you count the toaster extension as a full one ?
All Extensions are full Extensions. Feel free to shorten, if you wish. Or Hammer.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 03, 2011, 10:19:25 pm »

I'll shorten if there's a consensus.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 77