Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 77

Author Topic: BYOR5.5 - Day 9: Just Kidding. Game Over.  (Read 130425 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR5.5 - Day 4: Missing [1 Repacement Requested]
« Reply #825 on: January 20, 2011, 06:32:10 am »

Zath did not kill last night.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: January 20, 2011, 12:11:20 pm »

Nirur, how goes blocking Pandarsenic? Who are your current scumpicks?
No message about a failure has yet been received. I have continued to block him, as I said I would.

Logic: Jokerman couldn't ever kill, due to his ability.
I don't think Pandarsenic has a block-immune NK.
Thus, the third person was able to kill N1 kill N2 or N3 for some reason.

Known role-use claims: (I may have missed some)
I blocked Pandarsenic every night.
MBP copped Zathras and IronyOwl, getting town for IronyOwl, and nothing for Zathras.
Org was blocked first two nights, followed Zathras N3. No evidence of his power. [Of course Zath didn't kill last night. Nobody did.]
Toaster may have randomly blocked/protected anyone, at any time. It's unlikely that he prevented the mafia's nk twice in a row, but possible.
Ottofar was powerless for night 3.
NF was delayed for the first two nights. This does not rule out delay-immunity.

I believe that there is either a second sk, or a third mafia running around. The third mafia is more likely.

Scum picks:
Pandarsenic - Scum.
Org - Possibly. Org-unreadable.
Argembarger - Possibly. Lurker-unreadable.
IronyOwl - Possibly. I get a nice, fits-in-with-town vibe from you, which tends to raise my suspicions.
Ottofar - Massive lurker. It doesn't really matter if he is, but it would increase the odds of Toaster getting lucky with his role on N2, and then explain the lack of N3 kill.
NativeForeigner - Possible [if he is delay immune], but unlikely.
Zathras - Highly unlikely, due to the revive thing, unless scum has both a one-shot {auto revive/day revive} and an alignment-change revive.
Mr.Person - See Zathras. Even less likely, due to not being around N1 for the kill.

Tied for second are Org, Argembarger, and IronyOwl. Should Argembarger get a replacement, I'll be able to better decide whether either of the latter are likely candidates. Ottofar can probably be ignored, as town wins when it can no longer lose.

If all four of them give haikus every day, I believe that there would be a high chance to eliminate scum NKs entirely. Your thoughts on the above, IronyOwl?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: January 20, 2011, 04:41:44 pm »

Logic: Jokerman couldn't ever kill, due to his ability.
I don't think Pandarsenic has a block-immune NK.
Agreed.

Sketchier.

Tied for second are Org, Argembarger, and IronyOwl. Should Argembarger get a replacement, I'll be able to better decide whether either of the latter are likely candidates. Ottofar can probably be ignored, as town wins when it can no longer lose.

If all four of them give haikus every day, I believe that there would be a high chance to eliminate scum NKs entirely. Your thoughts on the above, IronyOwl?
I'm still somewhat wary of your haiku power, but if you are scum, I'm thinking you're Pandar's buddy, not a cult leader. So, might not be a bad idea.

However, I do have an alternative theory:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

NativeForeigner, you claim to have taken no action N1, been delayed N2, and said nothing about N3. Given that Toaster and MBP have disappeared, I'm inclined to think you're the culprit- you tried to hit Toaster N2 but were delayed, then tried for MBP N3 and both went off. What say you?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: January 20, 2011, 05:03:51 pm »

Whoops, typo.

Should instead read:

Thus, the third person was able to kill N1, but unable to kill N2 or N3 for some reason.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: January 20, 2011, 06:09:29 pm »

NativeForeigner - Possible [if he is delay immune], but unlikely.

I'm not delay immune. Notice how Toaster has disappeared? I claimed to have targeted him the night before last, but he delayed. So when he came back to life, it finally hit him. He'll be back tomorrow. As for this previous night, I was redirected. I targeted Mr. Person, but it MBP.

NativeForeigner, you claim to have taken no action N1, been delayed N2, and said nothing about N3. Given that Toaster and MBP have disappeared, I'm inclined to think you're the culprit- you tried to hit Toaster N2 but were delayed, then tried for MBP N3 and both went off. What say you?

It was definitely my doing. They'll both be back tomorrow. Toaster was my target N2, so I guess it hit him when he came back to life. However, N3 I targeted Mr. Person (as I said I would) and I was apparently redirected to MBP.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: January 20, 2011, 06:16:07 pm »

Mm. It just disables them for a day and night? Why did you choose who you chose?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: January 20, 2011, 07:05:18 pm »

It removed them from talking, voting, being actioned, or actioning for one day and night. I chose Toaster because I didn't trust him (it turned out to be a good thing he delayed me) and I chose Mr. Person because he was acting extremely suspicious and couldn't seem to wait for night to come around, so I wanted to prevent his night action.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: January 20, 2011, 07:34:01 pm »

What makes you so sure you got redirected?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: January 20, 2011, 07:53:20 pm »

What makes you so sure you got redirected?

Uh, because you were targeted and I hit MBP instead?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: January 20, 2011, 08:07:32 pm »

Let me rephrase that:

What makes you so sure YOU got redirected?
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: January 20, 2011, 09:03:47 pm »

I'm not sure what you're saying. It didn't hit you. I targeted you. A similar, if not identical ability hit MBP. Therefore I believe that my ability got redirected towards MBP.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: January 20, 2011, 09:45:01 pm »

It removed them from talking, voting, being actioned, or actioning for one day and night. I chose Toaster because I didn't trust him (it turned out to be a good thing he delayed me) and I chose Mr. Person because he was acting extremely suspicious and couldn't seem to wait for night to come around, so I wanted to prevent his night action.

Native: I can't find the post where you roleclaimed and gave details on this ability. Can you link me or restate it? (sorry, it's 800+ posts in 50+ pages, even with the tracker it's a painful search).

On other things, Org has been quite Orgish, and his role seems to me to be a scum role. He also indicated that the only way to be rid of him was with a lynch, so let's do that then: vote Org.

Org: of course I didn't kill, I confirmed earlier that I didn't have the SK role anymore. You're savvy enough not to waste your action on something like that, so I think you just claimed that to cover for the fact that your NK was blocked somehow. Questions: who do you think are Jokerman's scumbuddies? What's your read of Nirur & IronyOwl? Do you think we should hang Argembarger before he's replaced?

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: January 20, 2011, 09:48:06 pm »

I now confirmed your role.

Okay I lied about my role. Why not.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: January 20, 2011, 09:57:38 pm »

I now confirmed your role.
You confirmed his role, or that he wasn't serial killing people last night?

Okay I lied about my role. Why not.
Liars are scum, Org. Why would you lie to us?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: January 20, 2011, 10:04:16 pm »

I'm not sure what you're saying. It didn't hit you. I targeted you. A similar, if not identical ability hit MBP. Therefore I believe that my ability got redirected towards MBP.

Oh, never mind then. I thought you had information it doesn't seem you have.

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 77