Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 77

Author Topic: BYOR5.5 - Day 9: Just Kidding. Game Over.  (Read 130302 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR5.5 - Day 1: Ghostly Meeting
« Reply #225 on: December 18, 2010, 12:04:40 am »

Mr Person: You are pretty much surfing under the radar, posting 1-2 sentence long questions then getting on your merry way.Laziness doesnt suit you,  care to share what you found out about Jokerman in more detail?

I hate to be that guy, but pretty much "What Zathras said". Squawk, I'm a parrot, squawk.

I can say is that I found Jokerman being really, really jumpy to be a bit scummy, but the real sealer-of-the-deal was when Jokerman voted Zathras for being jumpy. Really? No, that vote is bullshit, I can tell from a mile away. So I'm DYING to learn the real reason Jokerman decided to vote Zathras.

Also, Jokerman's response to my question was particularly defensive and bullshit. "Zathra's argument has merit and is true, but it's wrong." What? Either it's true or it's not, something can't be true AND wrong.

@Argembarger: I have something I want to say to you that's going to wait until after Archangel responds. For now, I want you to elaborate on what Archangel's done because frankly, your case right now is lookin' miiiiighty thin.

@Nirur: I would pose questions at you, but there's none to be had. As soon as I get an idea for one, I realize you've already answered everything I could even consider asking. Despite all that, instinct says you're scum. So I'll keep watching and waiting on the edge of my seat.

@Pandarsenic: Why are you ignoring Archangel? You posted after Archangel did, yet didn't mention Archangel at all. It's almost like you're trying to slink away with your Archangel vote and get away with not talking about your vote. Please, eradicate my suspicions by responding to Archangel.

@Zathras: Do you think Jokerman could possibly abate your concerns and appear to you as a townie?

I did reply to him. I posted twice in a row when I realized I'd missed his post and was the FIRST PERSON TO VOTE HIM FOR THE BULLSHIT HE TRIED TO PULL. Pay attention.

Re IronyOwl - I'm not dodging, I just have a short attention span. I sometimes start doing other stuff mid-answer and pick up with whatever I seemed to be answering. As for their arguments, I feel:
Jokerman-EXE is probably genuinely busy, and I hate when people who are genuinely busy (e.g. myself in previous games) get harassed for it.
Zathras: Not sure if sincere.
IronyOwl: Who's your buddy? Zathras is your buddy!

Re Argembarger - You just got your third: Nirur Torir, who is inexplicably trying oh so hard to defend Archangel.

Also, Org, stop being like you are now (a sad imitiation of wubadict) and start being like you looked like you were going to be (actually useful).
Hmmm.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 18, 2010, 12:18:51 am »

Mr Person: You are pretty much surfing under the radar, posting 1-2 sentence long questions then getting on your merry way.Laziness doesnt suit you,  care to share what you found out about Jokerman in more detail?

I hate to be that guy, but pretty much "What Zathras said". Squawk, I'm a parrot, squawk.

I can say is that I found Jokerman being really, really jumpy to be a bit scummy, but the real sealer-of-the-deal was when Jokerman voted Zathras for being jumpy. Really? No, that vote is bullshit, I can tell from a mile away. So I'm DYING to learn the real reason Jokerman decided to vote Zathras.

Also, Jokerman's response to my question was particularly defensive and bullshit. "Zathra's argument has merit and is true, but it's wrong." What? Either it's true or it's not, something can't be true AND wrong.

@Argembarger: I have something I want to say to you that's going to wait until after Archangel responds. For now, I want you to elaborate on what Archangel's done because frankly, your case right now is lookin' miiiiighty thin.

@Nirur: I would pose questions at you, but there's none to be had. As soon as I get an idea for one, I realize you've already answered everything I could even consider asking. Despite all that, instinct says you're scum. So I'll keep watching and waiting on the edge of my seat.

@Pandarsenic: Why are you ignoring Archangel? You posted after Archangel did, yet didn't mention Archangel at all. It's almost like you're trying to slink away with your Archangel vote and get away with not talking about your vote. Please, eradicate my suspicions by responding to Archangel.

@Zathras: Do you think Jokerman could possibly abate your concerns and appear to you as a townie?

I did reply to him. I posted twice in a row when I realized I'd missed his post and was the FIRST PERSON TO VOTE HIM FOR THE BULLSHIT HE TRIED TO PULL. Pay attention.

Re IronyOwl - I'm not dodging, I just have a short attention span. I sometimes start doing other stuff mid-answer and pick up with whatever I seemed to be answering. As for their arguments, I feel:
Jokerman-EXE is probably genuinely busy, and I hate when people who are genuinely busy (e.g. myself in previous games) get harassed for it.
Zathras: Not sure if sincere.
IronyOwl: Who's your buddy? Zathras is your buddy!

Re Argembarger - You just got your third: Nirur Torir, who is inexplicably trying oh so hard to defend Archangel.

Also, Org, stop being like you are now (a sad imitiation of wubadict) and start being like you looked like you were going to be (actually useful).
Hmmm.

...Really? Are you like this every game?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 18, 2010, 12:52:45 am »

This one's pretty good by Org standards.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 18, 2010, 12:55:34 am »

This one's pretty good by Org standards.

._.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 18, 2010, 01:16:26 am »

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 18, 2010, 01:35:36 am »

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 18, 2010, 04:51:50 am »

Pandarsenic, is Joker being busy sufficient excuse for his amusing OMGUS vote? His "growing suspicions" of me in a 24 hour span that culminated in a 180 reversal of his position? I'm not harassing him for being busy, but for being scummy. Do you have any actual opinions on the contents of his posts, instead of his time commitments away from the game?

I also note your continued lack of hunting and suspiciously passive style this game. Short attention span my ass, you are just sidelining the game. You are catching up to Joker in scummitude.

Questions for you: Now that you realised Mr.Person is in the game, what's your read of him? What specific shit did Archangel try to pull? He asked MBP to restate his case, do you think that's a bad idea? You call Org to participate more, how scummy do you think he is so far? If he continues to not participate, would you support lynching him today, or should we go for another target first? Please sort these for me in order of scummitude in your eyes: Archangel, Argembarger, IronyOwl, Jokerman, MBP, Org, Toaster. Reasons would be great if you're feeling magnanimous, but just a sort will do if you're busy.

Unsure if Joe is being stupid, lazy, or scummy. Attempting to determine. I definitely won't say I'm leaning town on him so far, though. Forming an opinion on the content of his posts would require, well, content. :I

Don't yet have much of a read on Mr.Person at the moment. Nothing standing out, scummy or otherwise.

Archangel is running around being pants-on-head retarded, and his "Herpaderpderp MBP repeat yourself" discourages the thread from continuing forward by calling back things from before for no reason but to have them reposted. No matter how useless Org is, he isn't actively trying to move the thread backwards like Archangel; thus, unless he becomes worse than Archangel, I would not support a day 1 policy lynch of him over Archy. Additionally, I'm highly distressed by Nirur Torir's attempt to defend Archangel's faux-contribution.

The individuals requested to be ranked (and a handful of others), from least to most (also sub-organized into tiers):

We have top men being scum on it right now: Archangel, Nirur Torir
Not sure if scum, but suspicious: IronyOwl, Jokerman
Was neutral-ish but they are now ruining it for themselves: Jokerman (He's kinda between this and the last), Org
Reads tending toward neutrality: Mr.Person, NativeForeigner
Neutral, leaning maybetown - needs more consideration: Argembarger, Zathras
Reads reaching no real results so far: MBP, Toaster

inb4 accusations of buddying Zath since that seems to be the thing to do today. At least he's forcing me to be active.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 18, 2010, 04:53:04 am »

Extra tier - where the fuck: Ottofar
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 18, 2010, 11:38:27 am »

Pandarsenic, I'll gladly take your bait.
Pandarsenic:
Quote from: Pandarsenic[/quote
My greatest single suspicion is IronyOwl for his general grouping of him and Zathras, which I find odd. I feel like he's trying to have it be blatant for some reason.
Enlighten me; I'm inexperienced. Which roles would likely want to be blatant about throwing scum tells out?
I still desire enlightenment.

EBWOP: Wait a goddamn second. Archangel, that isn't... I don't... really? You're demanding someone say what they already have as your reason for voting them?

That's... I don't... seriously? IronyOwl, I want you to tell me why you kept grouping yourself and Zathras against Jokerman.

As painfully brief as that vote was, Unvote IronyOwl, vote Archangel, because that is unacceptable. Srsly? You sure you read what he posted before Archy?
This is your entire argument for Archangel being one of your two top scum. He seeks clarification for exactly why Toaster and MBP feel that IronyOwl was worth attacking for so long.

Any townie who believes somebody needs to be lynched can give a clear definition for it. If somebody is unwilling to state their reason for wanting to lynch person X, they need to be scrutinized carefully.

A prolonged attack should also be scrutinized if they refuse to give a reason. If their reason is nothing more then "gut feeling," great. At least it's been clarified. Having hidden reasons for attacking is scummy.

If I'm wrong, then why? What about clarifying people's reasons for attacking is so very scummy?

You'll get two and like it.

(I don't have a particular third. Deal with it.)
That referred to Archangel and IronyOwl.

What changed to make Jokerman rate in the same suspicion category as IronyOwl?

But really, since I'm trying to decide whether someone is scummy or not, why've you got a problem? Is it because I'm suspicious of your buddy? And did you not notice my post, despite there being an hour between it and yours? Why did you come out of lurking just to repeat others' arguments and then bandwagon on Irony? Is it, perhaps, because you are scum?

I made it easier for you to answer questions you didn't notice the first time. You're welcome.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 18, 2010, 12:20:51 pm »

Also: at least pretend to read the thread please.
Extra tier - where the fuck: Ottofar
Yeah.

I'm not gonna be here either from Friday to Sunday.

I'm also extremely tired right now.

And the electricity is playing it's tricks again.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 18, 2010, 04:01:10 pm »

I'M SORRY

YOUR CHAINSAW IS SO LOUD I CAN BARELY HEAR YOU

MAYBE YOU SHOULD STOP CHAINSAWING FIRST

(Heading to a friend's house, actual responses to your failures later)

(Also, I get that Ottofar can't be here but that's a general "where the fuck," not a specific-to-right-now one. He does this EVERY game.)
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 18, 2010, 05:00:39 pm »

I'M SORRY

YOUR CHAINSAW IS SO LOUD I CAN BARELY HEAR YOU

MAYBE YOU SHOULD STOP CHAINSAWING FIRST

(Heading to a friend's house, actual responses to your failures later)

(Also, I get that Ottofar can't be here but that's a general "where the fuck," not a specific-to-right-now one. He does this EVERY game.)
Your objection to being questioned has been noted.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 18, 2010, 05:20:58 pm »

Zathras, if he is right about Joker being scum, is almost certainly town. However, should Jokerman happen to flip town, Zathras could very well be scum.
I'm curious as to your reasoning here. For starters, you seem to be implying that you don't think there's multiple anti-town factions; is this true? Secondly, you seem to agree with Zathras' reasoning, but feel that if he's wrong he might "very well be scum." Why?

Finally, you're mostly ruling out bussing. Is there a particular reasoning for this?

I feel the whole matter about Irony's slight buddying was way overblown. Sure, it's worth noting, Zathras is, if town, proving to be a powerful player, so he could be scum trying to make buddies with an effective scumhunter, or he could be town trying to keep safe by trying to make buddies with an effective scumhunter. Should Joker flip Scum, IronyOwl would be next on my list of suspects.
I'm curious about this as well. What's your reasoning here?

Unsure if Joe is being stupid, lazy, or scummy. Attempting to determine. I definitely won't say I'm leaning town on him so far, though. Forming an opinion on the content of his posts would require, well, content. :I
So you don't think his numerous posts thus far have held any insight?

I'm also curious how you're going about trying to determine anything. I don't see any questions for him from you. Or for anyone, for that matter.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 18, 2010, 08:29:49 pm »

Zathras, if he is right about Joker being scum, is almost certainly town. However, should Jokerman happen to flip town, Zathras could very well be scum.
I'm curious as to your reasoning here. For starters, you seem to be implying that you don't think there's multiple anti-town factions; is this true? Secondly, you seem to agree with Zathras' reasoning, but feel that if he's wrong he might "very well be scum." Why?

Finally, you're mostly ruling out bussing. Is there a particular reasoning for this?

This is my first BYOR game, so I'm not certain what the usual is for such games. So third-party factions tend to slip my mind and I think only of scum and town, however, with the possibility of third-party factions, I guess that wouldn't make Zathras an almost certain town even if Joker flipped scum, so I think I'll take back that statement.  Because even if his reasoning is sound, he could still be scum spinning a rather convincing case against on otherwise innocent townie. The same happened to me in a previous game. The scum damn near had me convinced I was actually scum.
Wouldn't you consider that scum suicide? Zathras has been on Joker from the start and was the first to bring up any suspicion towards Joker, that seems like it would be a pretty stupid move if they were a scumteam.

I feel the whole matter about Irony's slight buddying was way overblown. Sure, it's worth noting, Zathras is, if town, proving to be a powerful player, so he could be scum trying to make buddies with an effective scumhunter, or he could be town trying to keep safe by trying to make buddies with an effective scumhunter. Should Joker flip Scum, IronyOwl would be next on my list of suspects.
I'm curious about this as well. What's your reasoning here?

Well, Zathras seems to be a pretty aggressive scumhunter, so you could very well be trying to avoid getting in his sights. Or you could just be rooting him on, as I mentioned earlier. The reason you would be next on my list of suspects if Joker should flip scum is because you could have been trying to distance yourself from Jokerman by siding with Zathras. However, that wouldn't be a very powerful argument against you without anything else to back it up.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 18, 2010, 09:56:54 pm »

Wouldn't you consider that scum suicide? Zathras has been on Joker from the start and was the first to bring up any suspicion towards Joker, that seems like it would be a pretty stupid move if they were a scumteam.

Well, Zathras seems to be a pretty aggressive scumhunter, so you could very well be trying to avoid getting in his sights. The reason you would be next on my list of suspects if Joker should flip scum is because you could have been trying to distance yourself from Jokerman by siding with Zathras.
See, here's the problem. You figure Zathras wouldn't bus his scumbuddy because it'd be suicide, but I might because Zathras is aggressive. Why?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 77