Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 112

Author Topic: Signs that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much  (Read 266411 times)

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
Re: Signs that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
« Reply #1125 on: September 18, 2011, 10:37:58 pm »

A psychology textbook had a story about a man who had divorced many times, and spoke of each ex-wife exessively demeaningly.
I immediately visualized him declaring boldly: "Divorcer of Urist McWife, whose form arose neither lust nor sympathy! Discarder of Urist McSecondwife, who tried sound wise despite knowing nothing!"

While playing Dragon Age, I wondered for a while how the dwarves removed all the stone from their city without ever going to the surface, but then I realized they must have exported it as stone crafts.

Dust town has an atom smasher hidden in one of the back alleys.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: September 21, 2011, 08:37:51 pm »

I was just watching Two Broke Girls, and when they brought the horse into the poor ones tiny yard (It makes sense in context) my sister posed the innocent question: "How are they going to feed it?"

My Mom said: "They're going to have to sell it."
My Dad said: "They're going to have to buy food."
I said: "Do you have any idea how many meals that horse could make? Not to mention glue!"

Everyone gave me a weird look.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: September 21, 2011, 08:39:58 pm »

You use the ‼ character regularly.
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: September 21, 2011, 09:04:04 pm »

You think all day for a reason why you play dwarf fortress so damn much. And then use it to necro this thread.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: September 21, 2011, 09:24:58 pm »

When your professor asks you why certain foods are only edible when cooked, the first thing that comes to mind is "because they don't have the [EDIBLE_RAW] token."

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: September 22, 2011, 09:59:05 am »

When your professor asks you why certain foods are only edible when cooked, the first thing that comes to mind is "because they don't have the [EDIBLE_RAW] token."
So if stone was given [EDIBLE_RAW] we'd solve world hunger? Even with my Dwarves all in sweatshops Craftsdwarfs workshops I never seem to run out of the stuff.
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

nerdyboy321123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: September 23, 2011, 08:55:56 pm »

You get frustrated you can't change somebody's job preferences (this happens to me almost daily)
how exactly did you weaponize cows into emissary-assassins without causing the expected loyalty cascade?

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #1132 on: September 30, 2011, 08:58:46 am »

When not only do you know 3+ words in Dwarven, you also know 3+ words in a language you created for a mod.

I'm guilty of both, and i actually know more words in my created language than in Dwarven :P.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: September 30, 2011, 09:15:05 am »

You try to use the > and < keys whenever you are in powerpoint.
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: October 01, 2011, 02:01:06 pm »

You scold people for not continuing the numbering we had, but then not knowing the numbering for yourself...

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: October 02, 2011, 02:07:17 am »

You scold people for not continuing the numbering we had, but then not knowing the numbering for yourself...
1: You realize that after sgin 1000 on a list of sign of you playing Dwarf Fortress overmuch, the numbering became so inconsistent that it became pointlessly recursive. You then decide to reintroduce the numbering because you think 'pointless' and 'recursive' are synonyms for fun.
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

rosareven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: October 02, 2011, 06:54:34 am »

2. You start a Project: Fuck The World in real life

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: October 02, 2011, 07:57:07 am »

[arbitary Number] You search via google a proficient Necromancer to become his apprentice. Immortality means more DF playing.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: October 02, 2011, 08:45:03 am »

You write up detailed minor mod concepts along with the expected steps to build said mod in detail on your down time at work, and consider it a highly productive use of your time.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: October 02, 2011, 03:41:49 pm »

You write up detailed minor mod concepts along with the expected steps to build said mod in detail on your down time at work, and consider it a highly productive use of your time.

You see this and make it, just for fun.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 112