Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 112

Author Topic: Signs that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much  (Read 266481 times)

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Signs that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
« Reply #1320 on: June 21, 2013, 08:49:18 pm »

My keyboard has now become a hodgepodge of various mythical creatures
The & will never be looked upon the same way again...
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: June 24, 2013, 10:41:07 am »

When you dream about it.  This morning, my dreams featured Cersei from Game of Thrones complaining about the lack of castle windows and I suggested that she just use all the gems we've mined for gem windows.  In the dream, I actually started to navigate through the DF menus to queue the task up.

Tell me more, quickly
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: June 24, 2013, 02:52:06 pm »

You don't expect floating walls to fall because you turned off cave-ins
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: June 24, 2013, 02:57:18 pm »

You see perched birds and feel bad for them because they can't path to the ground.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: June 24, 2013, 04:06:53 pm »

You consider the game easy.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Vlad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: June 24, 2013, 11:37:36 pm »

But the game is easy! That's why people set restrictions on themselves and do megaprojects.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: June 25, 2013, 07:10:20 am »

Like a forest of impaled people?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: June 25, 2013, 01:23:31 pm »

Your boss provides you with alcohol, because he knows that you work better then.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: June 25, 2013, 01:31:27 pm »

1951- At the same time you get suspicious of that conspicuous lever in his office, and the recent load of molten lava suspended over your office under some office reorganizations nonsense.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: June 26, 2013, 01:46:00 am »

1952 You make a mandate for another keg of beer and pull it to see what happens.

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: June 26, 2013, 04:39:10 am »

1954. Your room contains a bunch of rock levers. You aren't sure what would happen if you pulled them, but one certainly floods the house with magma.

Urist MacNoob

• Bay Watcher
  • Indrick Boreale, Adventurus Astartes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: June 26, 2013, 09:21:06 pm »

1955. You go into strange moods on occasion with all materials but your computer, some strips of cloth and some cow milk on forbid, producing an artifact mindfuck. And that one time you got a door named Fondleglove the Wood of Subtlety.
Coldmonkey: "The idea that having flaming tools and introducing them to the intimate workings of someone you don't get along with is much too human for these forums. I mean, it's not really that hard, is it? Anyone can wield a torch, it doesn't prove anything. Wearing flaming clothes on the other hand, or better yet, wearing nothing at all and being on fire... that is the essence of dwarfish behavior."

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: June 26, 2013, 11:21:57 pm »

1954. Your room contains a bunch of rock levers. You aren't sure what would happen if you pulled them, but one certainly floods the house with magma.

You missed 1953, so now is 1954.

DwarfMan98

• Bay Watcher
  • If you Fus Ro Dah a Gandalf, prepare for FUN!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: June 27, 2013, 01:31:35 am »

1955- You open a book and expect all the information to just flow into you.
1956- You reprogram your computer to have dwarf fortress signs or pictures at almost every pixel
1957- You haul everything back to a certain location in your !!house!!, even when you did not pay...
1958- You get into a fight and bite the person's hand/foot/ear/tooth/anything-else off and proceed to throw it at them
1959- You put all your rotten food in a diagonal area expecting no gross things to come through, like miasma
1960- You throw a tantrum if you experience something/dont get something that a dwarf would be unhappy about.
You know what Dwarf Fortress should have? DRAGONS. And Dragonborns. And Reapers. And Gandalf. Then the Dovahkiin can Fus Ro Dah (Unrelenting Force) Gandalf ("You shall not pass!") and make a paradox!
Thou shalt not pass! Fus Ro Dah!
Hydrogen, helium, lithium, berryllium, boron, carbon, nitrogen... I am proud to be a nerd. I should be Urist McNerd. MUHUHUHUHUHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAAAAAAHA! 3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693. None of that is the password for my account... I think...

oven_baked

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: June 27, 2013, 02:41:43 pm »

But the game IS easy  :o

1961- you can navigate the menu system without a single miss step and when somebody asks you how to build something you can give them exactly what keys to press to access it.
We just need to get Toady to embed a Lisp interpreter into DF.  Learning lambda calculus in order to play the game wouldn't make DF's learning curve much steeper.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 112