Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: The Next Chapter, you control it  (Read 12101 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: The Next Chapter, you control it
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2010, 06:59:15 pm »

Name: a-Bkvt
race: Elemental
appearance: Being made of molten glowing yet cool to the touch rock that has the form of a cobra with 6 legs and 2 arms and eyes that shine like magnesium flares. (Inspired partially by Matilda from DMFA.)
Powers: "Demonic": innate affinity to fire and some fae-like mind powers.
Personality: Actually a rather mice guy and maybe the most genuinely good and heroic characvter of the story. Friendly, extrovert, talkative and chill, with a calming presence and a tendency to smoother conflict. In other words, the opposite of her appearance.
bio: ???
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2010, 07:17:28 pm »

appearance: Being made of molten glowing yet cool to the touch rock that has the form of a cobra with 6 legs and 2 arms and eyes that shine like magnesium flares. (Inspired partially by Matilda from DMFA.)
Personality: Actually a rather mice guy and maybe the most genuinely good and heroic characvter of the story. Friendly, extrovert, talkative and chill, with a calming presence and a tendency to smoother conflict. In other words, the opposite of her appearance.
This reminds me that the world of Lorwyn/Shadowmoor (I'm thinking of Lorwyn specificaly) could also provide some inspiration here. Mostly when it comes to the Fae and the Elementals, though it's take on Elves is also pretty interesting.
During Lorwyn, Flamekin, the humanoid elementals are basically a race that embodies the concept of passion. they're suppressed by the tyrannical elves who have built a feudal society where beauty defines status and they mercilessly repress the other races, who they see as ugly and evil (except for the Kithin)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 07:21:06 pm by Virex »

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2010, 07:25:27 pm »

sorry, I encourage enthusiasm and such, but this goes a little out of bounds  :-[ this character is supposed to at least look human

oh eah and quip, you can ask questions like that in this forum, but a surreal world  would be perfect for this story.
What do you think? Yes? No?

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2010, 11:44:45 pm »

Okay, guys. i whipped this up in about ten minutes. I'm not through with all the characters and that since we still need more, but this will basically be the intro for the book.

Aeta looked through the papers with only the mildest of interest. If she wanted to, she could do everyone’s homework in a snap, but for her, this paper was only useful as a doodling canvas. After a thousand years, homework was just as boring. She looked up at the clock and sighed. Five minutes used to be a lot shorter, too.

“Clockwork! Clockwork!” Aeta began to realize that someone was calling her name. She looked up to see the teacher glaring at her. She had chosen a seat in the back so that the teacher wouldn’t call on her, but she did anyway.

“Oh, sorry ma’am.” She said in a light voice. “What did you want?” the other students giggled.

“You were spacing again, weren’t you?” Her tongue was sharp, but Aeta/Clockwork didn’t falter.

“Yes ma’am. I am sorry. What was the question?”

“What’s 48 times 1283?” the teacher asked. Aeta thought a moment. they were clearly on geometry, but Aeta was in a humoring mood.

“61584.” She said, returning to staring at her doodles in her notebook. She hadn’t used a calculator, but she knew she was right.

“Wrong we’re not in, wait what?” The teacher looked stunned for a moment. She grabbed her calculator off her desk and began typing in numbers. “What did I ask you to multiply?” she asked, embarrassed.

“48 times 1283.” She replied, picking up her pencil to resume her doodling. She quickly drew a cute pig with a turkey laughing at a bunch of people with guns. She practically missed her teacher’s remark about her mathematical skills. She knew that everyone always whispered about the weird, beautiful girl that kept to herself, loved to space out doodling, and somehow maintained a 100 on every test and assignment. Not to mention she enrolled under the name of Clockwork. that made everyone feel weird when they said her name. that was how she liked it.

excuse me for bad writing in and stuff, but I did whip this up in only ten minutes.

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2010, 01:28:30 am »

did she travel 1000 years or is she actually that old.

oh and i was thinking about time travel recently and i came up with some things concerning time paradox's.

option 1: the past cannot be changed

option 2: The past can only be changed if the change does not influence the initial reason and ability to travel back in time in the first place.
ex: you cant deliberately try to change the past it's usually unintentional.

option 3:  The past can be changed drastically and the reason for this is because time is so infinite that eventually the parodox will fix itself. (this ones a bit confusing)

edit: i think you should just leave it at she is very talented when viewing the universe in mathematical terms. it may be a necesity in opperating her time traveling abilities. i dont think she needs to be 1000 years old.....
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 01:35:55 am by Scood »
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2010, 01:31:16 am »

whenever I think about time travel, I think of it as whenever someone tries to change the past, they'll find their efforts were already part of it.

Scood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2010, 01:44:53 am »

well it shouldnt always be that way....sometime its just random chance, for instance if you wanted to kill your grandfather, your gun would jam, or you accidentally kill someone else. or you may wound him but not actually kill him, he may succesfully defend himself when you try to stab him, heck you may find yourself unable to travel back to that time in the first place. if your actions however dont influence whether or not you go back in time in the first place. then it is possible to change the past. for instance your grandfather may have a scar when he didnt have one before. or the man you killed instead waws not supposed to have died that day.
...............___@@@__                  

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2010, 01:47:02 am »

You already changed the past.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2010, 01:48:26 am »

no I mean, that scar would've already been there before you travelled back in time. like your grandfather always told you that a mugger slashed at him with a knife, and it turns out that it was you.

Scood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2010, 02:03:14 am »

i suppose that puts some limits on her powers. if all time is instantaneous and not dynamic like that. then it is also not possible to change the future. the best she may do is slow down time, or move super fast. she may have the ability to see the future, but is helpless to do anything about it she may not even care to do anything about it. she must have sacrificed a lot to gain such powers as immortality and time travel. She may not care about anything else.
...............___@@@__                  

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2010, 02:05:41 am »

hey, I meant in real life. and anyway, there will be restraints on her powers like that, and since she's lived a thousand years now, she's simply a little unencouraged.

Scood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2010, 02:30:35 am »

immortal characters are really hard to care about. This girl cant die so it really doesn't matter if she's in trouble cause there is no real danger. She also cant connect with other people, someone like her may not understand the thought and emotions of a non immortal, however the reverse is not true. It's similar to how rich and successful people who never really struggled sometimes have a hard time understanding the emotions of the less fortunate.

edit: someone like her probably has never and probably will never feel hardship
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 02:33:06 am by Scood »
...............___@@@__                  

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2010, 11:15:36 am »

immortal characters are really hard to care about. This girl cant die so it really doesn't matter if she's in trouble cause there is no real danger. She also cant connect with other people, someone like her may not understand the thought and emotions of a non immortal, however the reverse is not true. It's similar to how rich and successful people who never really struggled sometimes have a hard time understanding the emotions of the less fortunate.

She did appear in the text to be uncarring on what others thought of her ( sitting in the corner and not even bothering to pretend to struggle with the questions asked despite the fact they were obviously too difficult to do for a normal person).
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2010, 01:20:49 pm »

She would be the ultimate sacrifice though, so she can at least have a place in the story.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2010, 06:26:30 pm »

Much is yet to come, but I still need more details. we need one more character in the least, and the person who get his power from blood sacrifices to the demons still needs work. keep it coming and I'll keep working.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16