Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16

Author Topic: The Next Chapter, you control it  (Read 12073 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: The Next Chapter, you control it
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2010, 01:05:41 pm »

Their power ranges actually.
I was speaking in general.
The ones in charge are incredibly powerful, and pretty much hold the rest of them together through force, and their control of the changelings.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2010, 01:28:57 pm »

this is comeing along great guys. FZ's main antagonist is what I'm thinking will be a rather powerful fairie. not just any fairie either. if you've ever read the spiderwick chronicles, there is an ogre named molgerath who wants to take over the world. FZ's character would make him look like a bug.

So far we have an antagonist,

one demonic protagonist, still needs name,

and a wierd world of fairies that have many options of antagonists and protagonists alike.

what I'm most impressed with is that all of these are fitting together quite nicely so far.

here's my submission for a character:

Name=Clockwork
Gender=Female
Appearamce= a high school student. she always wheres a skirt and a t-shirt with a gear design on it. a silver gear hangs around her neck on a chain and gold gear earings hang from her ears.
Powers=time related
Bio=everyone has known clockwork as clockwork for as long as they remember. no one knows her real name. the teachers refer to her as clockwork, adults refer to her as clock work, her license even says clockwork. but now her time pretending to be normal is coming to an end. An evil force is rising again. thousands of years ago it was supposed to be locked awayby someone with her very namesake, but now it's excaped and after blood.

this antagonist that it talks about will obviously be the immortal Friend.
What do you think? Yes? No?

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2010, 01:50:58 pm »

oh an idea JUST POPPED INTO MY HEAD.
i was thinking about how the value of an object may differ as time passes, for instance that teddy bear that the child sacrifices may not have the same value to him when he's an adult. even then, the power that was gained may be more valueable to said person than the sacrifice. one question i have is if you sacrifice everything thats important to you for power. You may live a very lonely and dreary life with nothing but your magic that you can attach to and hence magic and power are the only things you vlaue. what happens then if you sacrifice your magic and power? parodox? dividing by zero?

there is also a factor of someone who was forced to sacrifice something of value. they would value the sacrifice more than the power gained. would that make them more powerful than someone who willingly sacrifices for the power.
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2010, 01:58:52 pm »

That would make an intresting deus ex machina...
Still lurking.
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2010, 02:05:34 pm »

There should probably be some being or organization who try to keep the fey under control and try to keep the masquerade up to lower the possibility of the earth getting eaten by an Eldricth abomination or something
It's FEF, not FEOF

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2010, 02:08:52 pm »

Changeling character, will fit nearly anywhere.
Name: Faelyn
Appearence: Sharp features, unnatural beauty from long exposure to Faerie magic. Exposure to large levels of magic has caused her ears to develop a slight point
Powers: Combat skill, Stealth training, Faerie magic
Bio: Given up to the Faeries when she was just a baby, Faelyn was raised to serve her Queen, and taught the skills that would serve her well in her life, unnaturally extended by the peculiar nature of Faerie, as well as by the magic that has been layered upon her as a child.
BACK TO DISCUSSION:
The Queens already do that. In fact, most of their time is taken up with covering up some of the more overt members of the Shadow World. You cannot sacrifice a faerie gift for the same faerie gift, and the amount gained diminishes with each transaction.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2010, 02:17:30 pm »

well stop lurking and start thinking quip. you must contribute!!!

I'm thinking that sacrifices for magic would be temporary, but the sacrifice would be permanent. magic would eventually wear off exept if the sacrifice was big enough.

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2010, 02:19:09 pm »

There should probably be some being or organization who try to keep the fey under control and try to keep the masquerade up to lower the possibility of the earth getting eaten by an Eldricth abomination or something
I like the idea of a group of physcopaths killing fae for fun rather than profit or morals, keeping the masquerade up so nobody steals their kills E.T.C. It would make a change from all those pseudo(?)-religious orginisations that fill the role normally in these settings.
It would be kind of funny to have a character who approched the supernatural the same way they would hunting animals but with less subtlety(?).

Also, NEVER SHALL I CONTRIBUTE! I SHALL NEVER POST OTHER THAN TO POINT OUT THAT I'M STILL HERE!!!!!111ONEONE1

Calm down quip, calm down, nobody's watching... E.T.C.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 02:20:54 pm by quip »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2010, 02:34:09 pm »

I'd like to contribute but got a little confused reading this. Can someone explain what you have for the setting for me?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2010, 02:37:46 pm »

setting: Modern
Faeries=True
Magic=Bargain with Faerie
Antagonist: Friend Cthulu
Characters: Clockwork and Faelyn
Unnamed Fay-hunting organization

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2010, 02:38:11 pm »

Great so far we have:

an invisible power-hungry antagonist,

one demonic protagonist, still needs name,

Clockwork,

Faelyn,

Agroup of scientists researching bugs that give off fountain of youth juice,

and a wierd world of fairies that have many options of antagonists and protagonists alike.

Character thingies:

nickname=Clockwork,
Gender=Female
Appearamce= a high school student. she always wheres a skirt and a t-shirt with a gear design on it. a silver gear hangs around her neck on a chain and gold gear earings hang from her ears.
Powers=time related
Bio=everyone has known clockwork as clockwork for as long as they remember. no one knows her real name. the teachers refer to her as clockwork, adults refer to her as clock work, her license even says clockwork. but now her time pretending to be normal is coming to an end. An evil force is rising again. thousands of years ago it was supposed to be locked awayby someone with her very namesake, but now it's excaped and after blood.

Name: Faelyn
race: Changling
Appearence: Sharp features, unnatural beauty from long exposure to Faerie magic. Exposure to large levels of magic has caused her ears to develop a slight point
Powers: Combat skill, Stealth training, Faerie magic
Bio: Given up to the Faeries when she was just a baby, Faelyn was raised to serve her Queen, and taught the skills that would serve her well in her life, unnaturally extended by the peculiar nature of Faerie, as well as by the magic that has been layered upon her as a child.

Name: none
race: unknown
apearance: unknown
Powers: demonic
bio: unknown

does anyone want to make the demonic protagonist's sheet?
I'd like to contribute but got a little confused reading this. Can someone explain what you have for the setting for me?

you actually ninjaed me. I was doing this anyway.

these are the only things that I will definately be using. I'm not sure about everything else yet.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 02:56:51 pm by Terrahex »

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2010, 02:44:45 pm »

I had just typed up an answer to ragnaroks post, previewed it and then found out that Terrahex had already posted a much more accurate and accessible post. What is it with these ninja posters?

...I'M STILL LURKING! Just wanted you to know... Thats all.

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2010, 02:47:08 pm »

hmm can i suggest changing clockworks name to Aeta which i based off of "aetas" a latin word for "time"?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 02:54:57 pm by Scood »
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2010, 02:55:30 pm »

hmm can i suggest changing clockworks name to Aeta which i based off of "aetas" a latin word for "time"?

that can be her real name.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2010, 04:25:51 pm »

okay guys, I've been thinking a lot  a bout how thing would fit together. do you guys want this to take place in a surreal world(please :D) or one like we live in right now?

I'm not so sure where our unnamed demonic friend will be fitting in yet.

and please, if you'd like to help, PM me.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16