Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: The Next Chapter, you control it  (Read 12069 times)

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
Re: The Next Chapter, you control it
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2010, 07:29:00 pm »

so do you guys want a demonic, powerhungery pro or antagonist (a member of the team or an enemy.)

I also don't neccisarily like the idea of a lab assistant being part of the protagonist group. I kind of want there to be some mystery for the readers in that area. a scientist would give too much away too early.

Remember, all ideas will be thought through, and nothing will be thought of as stupid
What do you think? Yes? No?

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2010, 07:59:04 pm »

Demonic, powerhungry protagonists are always fun to read about.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2010, 11:06:47 pm »

Good idea. So can I assume that the power gained is equivalent to the sacrifice (drop of blood = small amount, life of significant other =much more)

this reminds me of alchemy which i think fits what we have so far.

It was decided that it would be fantasy somewhere around 5 posts in.
Fantasy is magic.
ergo, it was decided that there would be magic.

yes but we never decided what type of magic. i dont like the kind of magic that like "i can shoot fireballs out of my face if a say a special word" like in harry potter or most magic i see in anime.I think its overdone. Thats why i was thinking about certain objects possesing certain properties. they dont even have to be objects they can be living things
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 12:51:44 am by Scood »
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2010, 11:58:23 pm »

hey hey hey, no fullmetal alchemist references here. besides, that's copyrighted.

and, if you guys will allow it, I have a submission for a character, too, but this is supposed to be for you guys 

BTW, we still need to work on the demon guy some more. and the world.
What do you think? Yes? No?

Scood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2010, 12:55:04 am »

I'm willing to listen to what you have in mind for your character. i myself don't really have a character in mind.

the way i understand it magic=spiritual universe=the universe has a goal it wants to accomplish and to do this slight miracles can and will happen to achieve this goal. something like fate, destiny or willpower.

there may be beings that have more authority over these things, it may be for any reason, however this person or thing will need to be strong and determined. the power to move millions, and realize dreams. that's what i think is magic. this bug demon character may be one of these.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 12:59:29 am by Scood »
...............___@@@__                  

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2010, 02:04:48 am »

I'm thinking that the large opposing force, not necesarily the main antagonist, could be some sort of eldrich creature, trying to enter our world via possession. The Devil character could be another force, smaller in raw power but much better at working in this world and understanding it.
Thoughts?

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2010, 05:39:45 am »

I am so lurking in this thread.
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2010, 08:37:21 am »

Demonic, powerhungry protagonists are always fun to read about.
so do you guys want a demonic, powerhungery pro or antagonist (a member of the team or an enemy.)

I also don't neccisarily like the idea of a lab assistant being part of the protagonist group. I kind of want there to be some mystery for the readers in that area. a scientist would give too much away too early.

Remember, all ideas will be thought through, and nothing will be thought of as stupid
I'm willing to listen to what you have in mind for your character. i myself don't really have a character in mind.

the way i understand it magic=spiritual universe=the universe has a goal it wants to accomplish and to do this slight miracles can and will happen to achieve this goal. something like fate, destiny or willpower.

there may be beings that have more authority over these things, it may be for any reason, however this person or thing will need to be strong and determined. the power to move millions, and realize dreams. that's what i think is magic. this bug demon character may be one of these.
How about having an evil protagonist who´s simultaneously trying to take over the world and prevent the research assistant/good guys from accidentally unleashing an Eldricht abomination on the world? Kind of thinking in the direction of the Legacy of Kain series here for inspiration.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2010, 10:37:55 am »

That sounds interesting. I guess I should start working on the fay, huh.
just woke up, so it'll take a while.
Done.

Faeries. The Fair Folk. Fey. They have always been here, hiding in the shadows, doing what they wished from their halls in their world, also known as Faerie. All those stories you heard about them helping people out of the kindness of their hearts? Those were mostly fabricated by them. In the few of them that actually happened, they were summoned and paid in full for their services.

They cannot lie, which, paradoxically, makes it easier for them to beguile people. They are masters of making it sound like their words are something they are not, having honed their skills over thousands of years. They are the merchants of the shadow world, trading magic and secrets, and occasionally mortal objects captured by the changelings, to the highest bidder. They also deal with mortals, and give them power. But as for all things which deal with these folk, there is a price. Blood is a common cost, and the occasional sacrifice. It long ago became the custom, for large donations, to take the recipiant's firstborn as a price. Thus were the Changelings formed.

The changlings are the faerie army and assassins. Humans, taken as babys or small children, and raised by the faeries, who teach them warfare, stealth, and, peculiar in this respect, as they themselves pay no price for it, Magic. They are the Shadow worlds enforcers, hunting down those who reneg on deals. Occasionally, they are even sent after those who abandon them, though this is rare.

The Fay feel only a single emotion. Boredom. Recently, this has changed. A new emotion, fueled by a single fact: Something has entered the world. Something powerful, and they do not know what it is. This new emotion? Fear.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 11:11:18 am by ragnarok97071 »
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2010, 11:37:38 am »

One question is what constitutes a sacrifice? Is it the material value that counts, or does it matter how much the one sacrificing it cares for it? Is the sacrifice of a virgin worth more or less then the sacrifice of a loved one? Is a voluntary sacrifice worth more? Does the sacrifice have to suffer?

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2010, 11:39:08 am »

The worth of the sacrifice is directly proportional to the amount that the person doing the sacrificing cares about the thing/person being sacrificed. for example, if a kid gave up their favorite stuffed animal for magic, they would get quite a lot of it.

Scood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2010, 11:55:14 am »

in what ways do the fey use their magic? Are there powers temporary?
...............___@@@__                  

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2010, 12:39:26 pm »

The powers they give humans are permanent. They can use their power to do almost anything, if they feel like doing it, which is rare.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 01:04:35 pm by ragnarok97071 »

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2010, 01:00:39 pm »

The creature flexed its new, powerful muscles. Over the last few weeks it grown much larger, its bacterial bodies multiplying over and over in the sewer beneath their birthplace. The creature formed a single, simple eye to test its control. Unwavering.
Soon, it would slither out of this rich vein of the city, and into the scarcer waters. But it was not afraid, the perfect control it held forced the need for sustanence out of its bodies, every bit of material drawn in used only for replication. No waste.

Mr. Kaht was alone in his house, the house he had lived in his entire life, screeching at the silence in his head.
"How could you leave me? How? We have always been together, since I was a child! Why have you left me now, when I finally have the means to repay you?
The silence did not reply.
Slumping to the ground, Kaht wept. His entire life, Friend had been there to lead him, give him the answer he needed, tell him the correct way to succeed. Now he was alone, as he had never been before. He would never fill the silence.

Scood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2010, 01:04:33 pm »

The powers they give humans are permanent. They can use their power to do almost anything, if they feel like doing it, which is rare.
what unites them all if they each have all this power but rarely feel like using it for any particular purpose?
...............___@@@__                  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16