Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

Author Topic: The Next Chapter, you control it  (Read 12076 times)

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
Re: The Next Chapter, you control it
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2010, 05:54:03 pm »

there is no reason that it cannot be sci fi and fantasy. I liked fuzzy zergling's Idea a lot. so basiccally it's down to sci fi vs. fantasy vs sci fantasy.

I
How about a modern world where fantasy elements are somehow hidden from most of the populous and the main characters have somehow fallen into the knowledge?

If so, can I do the necromancy/dark magi part?

this is a classic story line where this story can't possibly go wrong.

oh, and guys, If you want, I could always post some of my other work once this gets started.
What do you think? Yes? No?

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2010, 06:04:21 pm »

actually, I'll implement FZ's Idea into the world. there will be more conflicts naturally, but this will be one of them. it's too well written for me to pass up. but we still need more detail on the world. immortality bugs sounds both scifi and fanasy.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2010, 06:08:55 pm »

Thanks for using my idea! :)

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2010, 06:10:31 pm »

How about a modern world where fantasy elements are somehow hidden from most of the populous and the main characters have somehow fallen into the knowledge?

this
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2010, 06:19:09 pm »

I think we still need more background from FZ, that is okay for the start of a book or something, but as the world builders we need to know what is going on.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2010, 06:20:59 pm »

okay, so pretty much everyone is in agreance for a fantasy and sci fi story, that we should use FZ's idea and the main characters are thrust into a situation that makes them view their world in a completely different way than before. what should those fdifferences be?

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2010, 06:22:07 pm »

not nesicerrily sci fi, could be modern. mostly we just said "magic, but hidden, and not in the past"
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2010, 06:24:51 pm »

immortality dwells in both scifi and fantasy's domain. and scifi doesn't neccisarily have to be in the future.

Scood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2010, 06:33:51 pm »

i really dont like magic. if anything it should be items that have certain "properties"
...............___@@@__                  

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2010, 06:35:20 pm »

Okay, here is a idea for a main character, a research assistant working with, not to make more of this immortality stuff, but to find out how it works. As he does deeper into his research he finds that it does not follow the known laws of physics. Too afraid to publish these findings he researches it more and more and desperately tries to find out how it works. This leads him to discover that it uses a unknown energy source that he is basically this worlds magic. This leads him into adventures as he discovers parts of the hidden world beneath his own.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2010, 06:45:15 pm »

i really dont like magic. if anything it should be items that have certain "properties"
Too late, really. You've been outvoted, as well as us already having peolple who are creating the Fay and Black Mages.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Scood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2010, 06:55:05 pm »

too late? you were the only one who said anything about magic, and that was 2 posts before the one i posted. im just throwing in ideas anyway no need to throw them down.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 06:56:52 pm by Scood »
...............___@@@__                  

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2010, 06:59:33 pm »

It was decided that it would be fantasy somewhere around 5 posts in.
Fantasy is magic.
ergo, it was decided that there would be magic.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2010, 07:17:08 pm »

Okay, here is a idea for a main character, a research assistant working with, not to make more of this immortality stuff, but to find out how it works. As he does deeper into his research he finds that it does not follow the known laws of physics. Too afraid to publish these findings he researches it more and more and desperately tries to find out how it works. This leads him to discover that it uses a unknown energy source that he is basically this worlds magic. This leads him into adventures as he discovers parts of the hidden world beneath his own.
What if the true nature of magic itself would be too dangerous to reveal? For example, magic being some kind of a deal with the devil, in which you sell some of your blood or the life of a loved one for a glimpse of power? That would first of all give the Fae an interesting place and secondly, you've got a theme on the responsibilities of scientists and the morality of making dangerous knowledge available. Furthermore it opens up a load of possible drama moments.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2010, 07:23:27 pm »

Good idea. So can I assume that the power gained is equivalent to the sacrifice (drop of blood = small amount, life of significant other =much more)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16