Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: The Next Chapter, you control it  (Read 12055 times)

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
The Next Chapter, you control it
« on: December 04, 2010, 12:47:53 pm »

I am an aspiring author who wants to get a little more versatile. I have decided that I will let you guys make me a party of four, five, or even six people to fight the dangers of a completely customized world. You guys will come up with the material and I'll to the creative writing. also, if there are anymore authors out there, I'm sure I could use some help now and then

first thing's first: the characters. what should the team be like? what are their goals (this may change later when we get started on the world.) how old are they? etc.

The more details the better. after this, we'llmove on to finalize each character specifically.

WARNING: This is the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
forum. if you'd like to read the story, go to here:

Click
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 06:16:54 pm by Terrahex »
What do you think? Yes? No?

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
Re: The Next Chapter, you control it
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 02:24:07 pm »

c'mon guys, just one word!!!

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 02:35:26 pm »

CHARACTER CREATION START!
But before that, Genre?
Are there nonhumans?
We should probably start with the world.
can't have characters without it.
They would get bored waiting for genesis to get off it's ass.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 02:37:01 pm by ragnarok97071 »
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 02:40:11 pm »

I guess you're right. world first. I ussually like to write fantasy kind of stuff, but I can rwrite sci-fi too as long as it's not in the distant distant future. I don't like robots.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 02:41:50 pm »

Sci-fi =/= Robots.
Not always.
Hell, Fantasy can have robots (Golems)
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 03:02:06 pm »

Fantasy + Robots = Steampunk perhaps?  8)

Can't go wrong with some sexy steampunk!

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2010, 03:45:17 pm »

Mr. Kaht is a scientist, but not any scientist, he is the lead scientist on the Immortality Bug Project!

Years ago, a species of insect was discovered, and this insect produces a liquid which causes cells to become biologically immortal.
But the liquid is produced in such tiny amounts, it would take years of harvesting to get enough for a single person...
That's where Kaht and his team come in! They are working to transfer the ability to produce the liquid into bacteria found in the human digestive track, so that everyone can be immortal!

But Mr. Kaht has a dark secret...
Years ago (Around the time the bugs were discovered, coincidentally.), when he was a child, his Friend began talking to him. Little Boy Kaht's Friend was invisible, but that doesn't mean he wasn't real, so Little boy Kaht listened to his Friend...

Friend told Kaht that he was lonely, and that they should be friends! But Friend had no body, so they couldn't play together, if only Kaht could get Friend a body...

And so, in the present day, Mr. Kaht has guided the Immortality Bug Project to its final step! A man in a lab coat brings in the final specimens, several petri dishes of bacteria. Every test so far has been a failure, but not this one! Deep in his heart Mr. Kaht knows that he will succeed this time, Friend has told him the correct way! All through his life Friend has helped him, guided him, and now is the time to repay him!

Reaching over, he carefully looks into the dish... No trace of the distinctive black fluid.
The next one, nothing. The next, still failure. But in the final dish... Empty, it is completely empty! How could this have happened?

In the sewer under the building...
It had been so easy, so easy. Easy enough that the creature was still in a kind of giddy trance, drunk on the simplicity and speed of it. These new bodies were perfect, easily controlled and numerous. And the speed! Compared to the vast abyss of time he has spent cultivating his insects, the time it had taken him to multiply into the thousands was astonishing.
Gripping the ceiling of the pipe, the creature leached sustenance from the surrounding water. The pieces of its body were fed easily, and near indestructable now that they had been possessed.
In the darkness, Friend wondered how to thank the man that had given him his perfect body...

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2010, 03:57:05 pm »

I vote for sci fi im thinking of time travel though....
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2010, 04:10:05 pm »

Fantasy seems overplayed. But so does every other type of world.

I vote lovecraftesk modern horror/adventure.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2010, 04:19:18 pm »

I would prefer fantasy, Possibly modern, but any time period will do. Possibly have it set up that each person that adds to it gets to create a race or something to diversify the base? In my case I'll claim the Fay/Faeries/etc. I find their complete lack of morals and sanity to be fun to write about. that is, if the rest of you agree with my idea.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2010, 04:44:19 pm »

How about a modern world where fantasy elements are somehow hidden from most of the populous and the main characters have somehow fallen into the knowledge?

If so, can I do the necromancy/dark magi part?

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2010, 04:53:23 pm »

Urban fantasy sounds fun.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2010, 05:38:41 pm »

FZ's idea sound cool.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2010, 05:40:40 pm »

It is well written, but I am not so sure without more details, is it like the start of a vampire apocalypses or something?

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2010, 05:50:17 pm »

Why does it remind me of Parasite Eve (the book, not the game)?
It seems more like a plotline than a theme, however.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16