Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Appointable Dungeon-master?  (Read 826 times)

druid91

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Appointable Dungeon-master?
« on: December 03, 2010, 10:50:45 pm »

So is there any way to mod the Dungeon master to be appoint-able from the beginning?

And how would I go about doing this?

I know that I could just go and change everything to pet instead of pet_exotic but I always liked the little guy, I want a cloaked weirdo running around my fort doing metalwork and taming giant monsters.
The least you could have done was throw down some booze and seasoning. Abyssal Monsters that Creatures of the Light Know Not Of aren't savages, y'know. Sharing's caring.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
Re: Appointable Dungeon-master?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 11:07:26 pm »

[APPOINTED_BY:EXPEDITION_LEADER] should do it.  :)

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 11:09:38 pm »

There is indeed such a way.

...Pretty sure the one in the linked post is the one that works. I know that it's possible, because I've done it myself. Let's see... From my own raws, I've got the following.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Should work for you, too; just replace your Dungeon Master entry with that one. Won't work after embark, probably won't work after world generation, so generate a new world.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

druid91

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 11:17:13 pm »

Thank you! :)
The least you could have done was throw down some booze and seasoning. Abyssal Monsters that Creatures of the Light Know Not Of aren't savages, y'know. Sharing's caring.

guale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 11:32:43 pm »

Unless it has been changed recently the dungeon master still will not tame exotic creatures and ultimately serves no purpose.

Aarik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 05:31:13 am »

Just give the tames exotics tag to the expedition leader and the mayor.

That worked for me, even in the middle of a game, though that was on either 16 or 17, still slowly modding 18.