Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

I did a recap of past events. No question here.

Troll on Fire is the best meme ever.
Troll on Fire is terrible, FORE is much better.
I'm still waiting for my dragons!

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70

Author Topic: Roll to Siege the Goblins: Troll Battle Part Two, Hamal Stands His Ground  (Read 74435 times)

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
~Turn~
« Reply #1005 on: January 04, 2012, 01:55:47 pm »

IronyOwl:
You question the child about the contents of the northern hallway.
[4] It replies: "When the not-Goblins came, the adults herded me and the others into the food stockpiles so we wouldn't get in the way. There are still some of us there, but most of us fled into the wilds when the adults were slaughtered. And also the not-Goblins set a troll on fire!"

Tolyk pushes the goblin child into your arms, as well as a dagger. [4] He then utters some utterances that you assume to concern the proper use of daggers.

TolyK:
You pass off the goblin and dagger to Scourge, and launch into a detailed explanation of proper dagger use and maintenance.
She seems to understand, but since she's an elf you don't expect her to fully understand the more advanced language of your people.

JacenHanLovesLegos:
You wait for the others to join you, but they don't show up.
[5] You sneak another look into the western room, and see that the human has been joined by a goblin. The eastern and southern rooms remain unchanged as far as you can tell, excepting a slight change in the sound of machinery from the south.

Megaman:
You keep your crossbow trained on the goblin, and glance back to check the suspicious sounds.
Through a doorway you spy a human, digging through a pile of sacks while holding several pots haphazardly.
When you turn back to the goblin, it has begun to slowly retreat.

quip:
You back away slowly from the golem, who doesn't pursue. Soon you are back in the large room with the tables.
Hamal is still there, and you explain the situation to him.

HighEndNoob:
You spy Gump down the northern hallway, walking backwards toward you.
When she enters the room you ask her why she was walking backwards, and she tells you about some sort of golem near the middle of the hallway.

[2] [5] Hamal's breathing has returned to normal.

BlastoiseWarlorf:
You ascend, passing dozens of rock layers on your journey upward.
There is only one other stop, at ground level. You exit and observe the room.
It is covered in blood and there are several corpses, there are also three helmeted trolls sluggishly turning a huge crank to your left. There is a door, with a demolished barricade to the right and huge open doors.

[5] Urist's bleeding has slowed.

Spoiler: Temp Mods and Notes (click to show/hide)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: ~Turn~
« Reply #1006 on: January 04, 2012, 02:24:09 pm »

She seems to understand, but since she's an elf you don't expect her to fully understand the more advanced language of your people.
Made my day.  :D
Sneak around the place, watching for lookouts and loot...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Siege the Goblins: Urist returns to the Surface, Various Parties Idle
« Reply #1007 on: January 04, 2012, 03:02:51 pm »

Go meet up with rockman. I can't blab about my great victories that never happened if he's not here.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Siege the Goblins: Urist returns to the Surface, Various Parties Idle
« Reply #1008 on: January 05, 2012, 03:21:04 am »

Stomp heavily to show I mean beezneez bro, shoot anything ANY DIRTY MEATBAG that assultanates me.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 06:00:35 pm by Megaman »
Hello Hunam

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: January 05, 2012, 06:27:57 pm »

Instruct children on properly following their new not-Goblin warden.

Also catch up with one or more allies. It's important to stick together, children!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: January 14, 2012, 07:47:19 pm »

quip and HEN PM'd, will try and run the turn soon whether they respond or not.

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: January 15, 2012, 03:10:05 am »

Oops, sorry,  I was going to wait for HighEndNoob to run ahead as a meatshield post his turn.
Cautiusly creep back along the passage, hoping I won't get murdered by some second crazed Dwarf.
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: January 15, 2012, 07:53:55 pm »

Random Thought of the Day:

Fuzzy should totally run a Sinbad/Odysseus style RTD. I don't know why I suddenly thought that'd be a good idea either.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
~Turn~
« Reply #1013 on: January 15, 2012, 10:04:39 pm »

TolyK:
[2] You scout around to the north, [1] and immediately trip over a small pile of mushrooms in the middle of the hallway.
You are at a four-way intersection.

Further north is a plain wooden door which smells delicious.
To the west is a room blackened (not much difference really, since all the walls are black anyway) with soot which smells like smoke.
To the east is an obsidian door which smells like children.
To the south is the way you came, which smells like various things, burning flesh and fresh corpses among them.

JacenHanLovesLegos:
You are about to return to the group to search for Rock Man, when a dwarf runs up to you. He is dressed in rags and carries a gore-coated hammer.
"You, human! Where is the exit to this infernal tower?"

Megaman:
You STOMP MENACINGLY at the human to show that you are NOT TO BE TRIFLED WITH!
The human [3] drops everything and curls into a ball.

IronyOwl:
You explain to the children that they are to follow you from now on. [5] They obey your orders without complaint.
You follow Tolyk through the northern hallway to find him pondering an intersection. The area around you is strewn with edible debris, and you believe that you're probably near the food stockpile.

quip:
You and Hamal retrace your steps along the hallway, [1] and curiously don't find the golem you encountered earlier.
You take a right down another main hallway, and find yourself in a midsized room filled with small beds.

HighEndNoob:
You follow Gump, going north then east.
The room you stop in is devoid from any obvious enemies, with paths leading in all four directions.
Based on the distance traveled you guess that to the south is the elevator, and that the northern and eastern hallways are unexplored territory.

[6] Hamal is no longer bleeding.

BlastoiseWarlorf:
You exit the gigantic Elevator Room, and come across a human. He appears to be wearing armor not of goblin make, and you ask him for directions.

Spoiler: Temp Mods and Notes (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Siege the Goblins: Travellers Passing in the Dark
« Reply #1014 on: January 15, 2012, 10:09:04 pm »

Yaaaaaaaaaay, child minions!

"Exit? Why would you want to leave? Or rather, why would you want to leave so soon?"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: January 15, 2012, 10:26:20 pm »

Yaaaaaaaaaay, child minions!

"Exit? Why would you want to leave? Or rather, why would you want to leave so soon?"
I think I may have been unclear.
You and Tolyk are together, and Jacen and Urist are together. You are in the north, while they are nearer the center of the citadel.
On the map...

...You are near the top-left, in the four-way intersection below that long room.
Jacen and Urist are in the intersection above the entrance/exit of the Elevator room.
Rockman and the human cook are in the small room just below the farmost upper-left room, and Gump and Hamal are in the mid-sized room between you and Jacen.

So, you wouldn't be able to hear Jacen and Urist's conversation.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: January 16, 2012, 08:41:57 am »

Go with [Irony]... to the children!
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: January 16, 2012, 11:06:16 am »

Check the beds for sleeping guards.
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: January 16, 2012, 07:48:03 pm »

Sure, let's go find more children!

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: January 23, 2012, 06:40:05 pm »

If needed, disarm the MEATBAG and carry him to my FRIEND MEATBAGS for MEAT-TERROGATION
Hello Hunam
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70