Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

I did a recap of past events. No question here.

Troll on Fire is the best meme ever.
Troll on Fire is terrible, FORE is much better.
I'm still waiting for my dragons!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 70

Author Topic: Roll to Siege the Goblins: Troll Battle Part Two, Hamal Stands His Ground  (Read 74450 times)

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Siege the Goblins: Victory, Spoils, and Cowardice!
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2010, 06:46:48 pm »

Tarran:
You are right behind Rikishak, readying your hammer! [2+1] you just clip the goblin, [4+2-1+1] but even that caves in his chest!
Goblin has died. Narrow copper armor destroyed.
Hey, what? That wasn't even remotely related to my action.
Start smashing the crack ((in the wall)) with my hammer as silently as I can until I can crawl through.
Sorry, I accidentally read your response from the the last turn!
Do you want me to change it, or is it not that big a deal?

Quickly throw my wooden spear after the fleeing human, attempting to either slow him down enough we can catch him, or kill him.  That's a ranged action, or will you not allow throwing?
You don't have the wooden one anymore (both hands are occupied), but spears can be thrown.
Thrown objects autohit unless you're impared, but only the weapon modifiers apply. (Your spear has -1 against armor, but not the -1 from you being an elf.)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2010, 06:49:09 pm »

drop my spear, grab the hammer, throw the hammer at the fleeing human, then re-pickup my copper spear.
changed to this then.
Nom nom nom

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2010, 06:53:22 pm »

Wait, if you read my last turn's post("I'll follow Kaguro and help with the search for another way in.") shouldn't you have noticed something strange in the action, namely the underlined part?

Ehh, doesn't matter. After all, I did get a freaking awesome shot. Just please don't make that mistake again.

Get back to the crack in the wall and
Start smashing the crack with my hammer as silently as I can until I can crawl through.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2010, 06:56:31 pm »

Zrk2
Male
Dwarf
War Axe

Sounds fun.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2010, 08:39:37 pm »

Crawl through before the crack is made bigger and sneak around inside.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2010, 11:26:49 pm »

Chase down Human 2! None survive the wrath of Urist.

I feel like one of those companions in Adventure Mode who run off to chase a deer and get murdered by wild animals.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2010, 01:07:36 am »

Swing at Human 1's head like a golf club. Yell "fore" if it goes flying off.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2010, 01:42:46 am »

kilakan:
You notice the hammer dropped on the ground, and quickly throw it at the retreating human! [6-1] The hammer strikes him in his neck, he stops running and starts drowning in his own blood!
Human 2 will bleed out in one turn.
Tarran:
Satisfied that the human is done for, you head to the crack and [1+1] manage to miss a goblin citadel. You feel incredibly foolish.
KaguroDraven:
With Tarran swearing colorfully in the background, you sneak into the crack. [4] You fear you've lost yourself in the darkness for a moment, but just before you give up hope, you see torchlight. Following it, you see a corridor going to the left, and a closed doorway that heads straight ahead.
Rikishak is inside the citadel.
Krath:
Deciding to put the man out of his misery, you run over and swing you axe [1+1], but his wild thrashing makes him harder to hit.
[5] Said wild thrashing doesn't come anywhere near you however.

SeriousConcentrate:
Seeing the dwarf swing at the gyrating man, you see the perfect opportunity to be witty. You swing your hammer like a golf club, and [5+1] [4+2] his head goes flying off into the sunset, as you let out a hearty battlecry. Golfcry. Whatever.
Loot: 1 Large Copper Armor.

[3] Gottric's cry does not go unheard, and a Beakdog (Enemy) bursts out of the surrounding forest.
It wears a saddle, and is obviously a stray goblin mount.

[3] Rikishak hears footsteps to the left, and what sounds like voices behind the door.

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 02:56:47 pm by FuzzyZergling »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Siege the Goblins: Spasms, Entrance, and Golf!
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2010, 01:47:11 am »

Attack the beakdog with another battlecry, just yelling without words this time. Am I wearing armor? :-\If not, I'll take/wear the copper armor instead of attacking.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2010, 01:49:05 am »

Attempt to listen to the voices while staying hidden.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2010, 01:50:53 am »

Swear the most colorful cussing possible then get back to smashing that frigging crack.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2010, 02:19:34 am »

Am I wearing armor? :-\If not, I'll take/wear the copper armor instead of attacking.
Everyone is currently wearing armor (You are seasoned adventurers, after all!) but I only acknowledge the non-race material ones in the first post.
I'll change that when we get a character without armor.

So far your armor has done absolutely nothing, because none of you has gotten hit. Yet.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2010, 05:33:17 am »

Clap at the supreme display of golf prowess and head off to help the crew open the crack.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2010, 04:18:33 pm »

Decide such a vile animal must be put out of it's misery and servitude.  Attack the beak dog with the full fury of nature.  (aka stab it to death with my copper spear.)
Nom nom nom

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2010, 05:15:33 pm »

SeriousConcentrate:
Letting loose another battlecry, you [4+1-1] strike the beakdog in the [5] head, cracking its skull!
Beakdog (Enemy) is stunned.
KaguroDraven:
Silent in the darkness, you listen, [1] but you cannot hear the voices over the sound of footsteps.
Tarran:
[1+1] Again, your great hammer strikes nothing but air. Really, missing a stationary wall twice in a row?
Krath:
You clap in a polite manner (Which, for a dwarf, involves sarcasm and jeering.), then go to help Tarran with the wall.
Tarran, for some reason, is not working on the wall, but instead howling in rage. His cursing is making both you and everything else in the area uncomfortable, so you try to block it out with the sound of destruction. [5+1] [6+1] Your axe hits a natural weak spot in the obsidian, and a good portion of the wall comes down on top of you. [4] You roll out of the way, uninjured.

Larger creatures can now fit through the hole.
kilakan:
Eww, beakdogs, you hate those things. [4-1] [3-1] Your spear skewers its left leg, tearing apart all the muscles.
[6] The pain brings the animal back to it's senses.

Beakdog is on the ground. Beakdog is no longer stunned.

[1-2] On the ground, its skull cracked, the beakdog can only kick weakly in Kilakan's general direction. It doesn't hit anything.

[6] Nothing else jumps out of the forest.

[6] The footsteps recede, and Rikishak will now be able to hear whatever is behind the door perfectly.

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 70