Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

I did a recap of past events. No question here.

Troll on Fire is the best meme ever.
Troll on Fire is terrible, FORE is much better.
I'm still waiting for my dragons!

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 70

Author Topic: Roll to Siege the Goblins: Troll Battle Part Two, Hamal Stands His Ground  (Read 74515 times)

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Siege the Goblins: Why are there no swords? Because I'm lazy.
« Reply #825 on: May 22, 2011, 12:40:45 pm »

HighEndNoob:
You feel angry, [3-1] but not angry enough to go berserk on a troll.
You do swing at him with your crossbow, [4+1] [6] crushing one of his fingers to pulp under its iron heft!
He retaliates with a swift kick from his good leg, [6+1] booting you [6+3+1-2] across the mesa!
[2] Your ribs snap like twigs, [2] and you skid over the edge! Making a desperate grab, [3] you catch a jutting shard of rock!
You hang over the magma, only a slip away from death!

Hamal is in extreme pain, is having trouble breathing.

Tarran:
Suddenly, Gottric's ghost appears before you. You have a friendly conversation in which he relates the circumstances of his death as he remembers it, and you agree to entomb him past that large door.
You then attempt to aben the door, but find it much too large for a single man to budge. You'd need at least one other person, unless you want to try smashing it down like Gottric did.
[6] You also notice that there are a bunch of goblin, human, and dwarven ghosts coming out if the walls. Most don't seem to notice you, though a few are staring.

KaguroDraven:
As the platform reaches the apex of its ascent, you encounter another problem.
Three men are in the room, armed with cleavers, knives of various sorts, and at least one large rolling pin. Two wear pot-and-pan armor, while the other, who seems to be in charge, is in leather. You recognize the leader as the cook you allowed to escape. They have formed a makeshift barricade out of potato sacks, blocking the door.
[3] So far they somehow havn't noticed you, out in an open area with no cover.

quip:
You lunge for the club as the troll is distracted, [4] and manage to lift the gigantic slab of stone!
Dragging it to the edge, [5] you heft it over the side, into the magma below!
Chifwun's eyes bug out, his jaw drops, and he lets loose a roar that rattles your teeth!

Chifwun is enraged at all enemies, +2 damage, +1 hit, -3 dodge.

"[REDACTED] Squishy [CENSORED] has [NOTHING TO SEE HERE] wear your skin like a hat!"

Megaman:
[1] You write a witty retort in blood on the wall. Somehow, you feel as though it's not the same without a vocalization of your macho brevity.
You wish you had been built with a tongue.

JacenHanLovesLegos:
You try your hand at binding your wound a second time, [4+3] and this time it sticks.
The golem has been drawing runes on the walls, looking dejected. Maybe he's sad about his purpose as a tool of death? You'll probably never know.You also dig through the rubble for your other crossbow.

Jacen is no longer bleeding.

Zrk2:
[6] You awake, feeling like your gut was filled with orthoclase.
A smear on the ground next to you points to the elf being dead, and your axe is still in your hand.

Zrk2 is conscious, [4] is no longer faint from blood loss.

Spoiler: Temp Mods and Notes (click to show/hide)

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile

Taunt Chifwun as I go back on the offensive!
Odds I die this turn? High, very high.
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile

Throw the dead FLESHBAG at a wall in frustration and move on to the deeper fortress
Hello Hunam

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Get up, than repeat previous action
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile

Heal Zrk.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Lemonblock

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I want to help fill up the wait list, so...

Name: Narena
Race: Elf
Weapon: Bow

+1 against unarmored, +2 dodge, -1 hit, -1 damage. That would seem to be the modifiers.

I reckon she'll make a good troll punching bag. For about one turn.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile

Hide in the shadows and try to sneak past!
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Go back up the stairs.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile

Remove armour to assist my being healed.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile

quip:
You decide that the action most likely to result in your survival is to kill the troll before it can kill you. A rather unlikely prospect, as it's charging at roughly twice the speed of fear.
[6+1+3] He's so intent on crushing you into goblin pudding that you manage to [6+1] slice his neck with a well-placed halberd swing!
[4] He crumples mid-stride, but his momentum won't let gravity take hold!
[3+1+1] He slams into you, [6+3-2] and you are crushed beneath his furry, blood-drenched hide!
[4] You can hear a heartbeat. Dear unholy mother, he's still alive!?

Gump is pinned, unable to stand, has major blood loss, is in pain, -2 to dodge, is having trouble breathing. Chifwun is suffering extreme blood loss and is faint from blood loss, -3 to damage, may pass out. No longer enraged.

HighEndNoob:
You pull, [1] but with only one arm you don't have the strength to hoist your armored body up!
You are forced to drop your crossbow, [1] but even with both arms you still can't get up!
As a last resort, you undo the straps of your armor, and let it fall as well.
Unemcumbered, you pull yourself up onto solid ground. [6] You're good and angry now, that troll's made you lose your equipment!
Rage overtaking your more rational senses, you run up and kick it in the face. [1+2-2] You break a toe on its thick skull, [4-3] and pass out.

Hamal is unarmed and unarmored, is unconscious.

KaguroDraven:
You attempt to sneak past their blockade, [2] but as soon as you step off the platform you're noticed!
[6] Cook 1 throws a cleaver, [6+1-2] striking you in the stomach!
[1] Cook 2 closes and swings with a frying pan, but misses!
[3] The Head Cook looks on, waiting for his lackeys to finish you with glee.

Rikishak is in pain, bleeding.

Tarran:
You turn around and head back the way you came, promising Gottric's ghost you'll return.
You make your way back up, and find a peculiar site. All the trolls are laying down on the ground, holding their helmeted heads in their hands. They seem incredibly agitated.

stupid chifwun. lost Bestclub.
worse almost, lost fight. chifwun should be named not-chifwun, chifwun should be named not-Troll.

Chifwun rolls over, unpinning Gump.

Megaman:
Frustrated, you throw the dead meatbag at the nearest convienient wall. [5] It splatters quite nicely, and you feel better.
You spirits bolstered, you head notice a door to the east. You open it, and find a few meatbags chained to a wall.

Scourge (IronyOwl) and Zyzarda have entered the game!

JacenHanLovesLegos and Zrk2:
The two of you work on patching up Zrk2's wounds, [5+6] and soon there's no visible bleeding.
Jacen notices that Rockman's found another room and inspects it, while Zrk2 redresses his armor.
The new room is obviously a prison, being filled with small cells fitted with manacles and bars. In two cells are a kobold and an elf, both dressed in little more than rags. There is a stand of whips and scourges against the eastern wall, a the southern holds many other instraments of torture as well as some copper armor decorated with leather to resemble an executioner's uniform.

Zrk2's blood loss has lessened to moderate.

Scourge and Zyzarda:
Oh look, a large stone troll. And he's covered in blood, how delightful.
Ah, being tortured by goblins, such a pleasure.

Spoiler: Temp Mods and Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 10:51:53 pm by FuzzyZergling »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Siege the Goblins: A Couple' New Entries
« Reply #835 on: May 23, 2011, 10:56:57 pm »

Disappear into thin air.

I'm not having fun anymore. And the waiting list is quite large, so it'd be better if I just left and someone else got in.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: May 23, 2011, 11:08:47 pm »

Be unconcence
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: May 23, 2011, 11:19:01 pm »

Tsk tsk tsk, silly MEATBAGS, always getting shackled and tortured. IF SHAFE, help those unfortunate bastards.
Hello Hunam

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: May 24, 2011, 12:42:06 am »

If released, don copper executioner's armor, grab a scourge and hopefully a shield. Then accompany rescuers wherever they're going.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: May 24, 2011, 07:45:53 am »

Where are we going?
Equip a scourge (slung on back or something) and follow everyone else.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 70