Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

I did a recap of past events. No question here.

Troll on Fire is the best meme ever.
Troll on Fire is terrible, FORE is much better.
I'm still waiting for my dragons!

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 70

Author Topic: Roll to Siege the Goblins: Troll Battle Part Two, Hamal Stands His Ground  (Read 74566 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Siege the Goblins: Relaxation Time, More Shootout
« Reply #285 on: December 18, 2010, 01:09:15 am »

But doesn't Tarren always miss? What if he dies and I have no meat-shield? Or if he has an epic fail and hits me accidently?
We have the long(er) ranged weapons, so we should go in front. In before Tarran rages at you for pointing out his dice incompitence.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 18, 2010, 01:10:22 am »

Here is my suggested arrangement.
Code: [Select]
                                MetalSlimeHunt (Halberd)     KaguroDraven (Scourge)
                   SeriousConcentrate (Great Hammer)             Tarran (Torch, Great Hammer)     
That's a good arrangement. The only problem is that the torch wielder(me) is behind two other people(you and Kaguro), meaning you and Kaguro would have your own shadows blocking a large amount of your view.

Here's my proposal.
Code: [Select]
     M  T  K
             S
With this, every member of our team can see a large amount of the area ahead of them. I'm in a position to fall back if I get in a really bad position fighting people with longer weapons then me. I can also lead an enemy directly between you and Kaguro allowing you two to surround them. Serious is also in a good position for flanking while the enemy is engaged in melee with us and he is also in a good position for blocking flanking from the right. The only downside is the vulnerability to flanking, but then again we're fighting in narrow halls so that isn't that big a deal.

But doesn't Tarren always miss? What if he dies and I have no meat-shield? Or if he has an epic fail and hits me accidently?
MY NAME IS TARRAN. WHY DOES EVERYONE FAIL AT SUCH A SMALL BUT IMPORTANT DETAIL?!

Anyway, har har, hardeharhar. Very funny.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 01:15:53 am by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 18, 2010, 01:29:46 am »

MY NAME IS TARRAN. WHY DOES EVERYONE FAIL AT SUCH A SMALL BUT IMPORTANT DETAIL?!
Because you are in a thread run by someone named FuzzyZergling.
This is the only explanation.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 18, 2010, 01:45:32 am »

Because you are in a thread run by someone named FuzzyZergling.
This is the only explanation.
Um, I think you've got the joke wrong. The human race in SC is Terran. He got my name wrong as Tarren.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 18, 2010, 03:55:22 am »

Maybe you can try to find me? Please?
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 18, 2010, 04:00:46 am »

Maybe you can try to find me? Please?
Maybe...

Okay, fine, fine, we'll come after you after I cause some FUN to happen in the coke/coal stockpile.

Mattpoppybros

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrible at this game... My fort won't die!
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 18, 2010, 01:55:08 pm »

Wow, you're setting stuff on fire and I'm not even in-game yet! Anyway, may I suggest searching for a pickaxe? You could just mine the wall away if you were met with a dead end!

Edit: I'm not even rhyming. I'll only do that to annoy goblins
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 01:57:44 pm by Mattpoppybros »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 18, 2010, 03:07:42 pm »

Follow Tarran and the group, at a safe distance behind to avoid any of their potential fights.
Nom nom nom

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 18, 2010, 03:09:02 pm »

Follow Tarran and the group, at a safe distance behind to avoid any of their potential fights.
Coward! Why didn't I think of that!?
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 18, 2010, 03:12:23 pm »

Coward! Why didn't I think of that!?
I'm an elf, you on the other hand.... well you got captured didn't you?
Nom nom nom

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 18, 2010, 04:02:47 pm »

MetalSlimeHunt, Tarran, KaguroDraven, SeriousConcentrate, and kilakan:
With Tarran leading the group with his torch, you all set off to find some sort of fuel stockpile.
[6+2] Heading down the northern hallway, you come across a large set of obsidian doors. It takes two of you to lift the sliding lock away, but once you get it off the door slides open effortlessly.
[3] The good news is, there's a ton of coal inside. The bad news is, there's also a guard troll!

Krath:
As the others head out, you look around for some sort of splint.
[4] Finding no actual medical supplies, you break off a piece of a weapons rack, and secure it to your leg with some cloth.
[1] You feel an impact to the back of your head, and you pass out from the pain!

Urist is unconscious.
HighEndNoob:
You go for the headshot! [5+1] [4+1] Your bolt glances off the goblin's skull, but he looks dazed by the impact!
Goblin 1 fires a third time! [6-1] you block it with your shield!
[5+1-1-1] Goblin 2 also fires! [1-1] [2] The bolt tears through your left ear!

Hamal is in pain. Goblin 2 is stunned.

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Siege the Goblins: If You loved the Troll Fight, You'll Love This
« Reply #296 on: December 18, 2010, 04:06:27 pm »

Screw fighting the troll. I'll just set the place ablaze and close the door on him.

Throw the torch into the coal pile and then go back behind the doors. Wait for my friends to get out, then close the doors.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 18, 2010, 04:24:18 pm »

Strike at the troll's left foot and run to the side of the door that Tarran doesn't take.
No Gods, No Masters.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 18, 2010, 04:27:20 pm »

Hold the door with my spear, and cover my allies as they light the stockpile.
Nom nom nom

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 18, 2010, 04:46:30 pm »

You can never have too many trolls.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 70