Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

I did a recap of past events. No question here.

Troll on Fire is the best meme ever.
Troll on Fire is terrible, FORE is much better.
I'm still waiting for my dragons!

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 70

Author Topic: Roll to Siege the Goblins: Troll Battle Part Two, Hamal Stands His Ground  (Read 74516 times)

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Siege the Goblins: Trolls are Hard to Kill, and Tarran Gets Lost
« Reply #210 on: December 13, 2010, 01:44:43 am »

Fight on! I may be injured but I'm not giving up yet. And I have to save the elf since the kobold's too small to do it and the dwarf is probably too drunk.

Just messing about with ya, Kaguro, Krath.

Once I enter my Martial Trance I am going to uppercut that troll through the roof.

Also I'm kind of pinned under a troll's foot so I can't really save anyone at this moment.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 13, 2010, 04:44:12 pm »

Reach for my spear, if I can grab it, plunge it hard upwards into the trolls chin, aiming to pierce through to the head.  If I can reach it, take the first opportunity to roll out of it's grip and dodge away.
Nom nom nom

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 13, 2010, 05:31:29 pm »

Tarran:
You feel exposed by yourself, and try to find your way back to the prison room. [1] Your random wandering does nothing but confuse the part of your brain which judges distances.
Tarran has -1 to movement rolls.
KaguroDraven:
You try fitting the goblin's armor over your head, but it is too large for you and drags on the ground.
Krath:
You attempt to enter a Martial Trance, [2+1] and feel a little less pain, [1+1-1] but your sluggish movements fail to hit the troll.
[2+2-2-1] The troll increases the pressure on you, but its leg injury keeps it from crushing you, for now.

SeriousConcentrate:
[6+1-1] You launch yourself at the troll, [3+1-2] but your mighty hammer bounces off the thick skin!
kilakan:
You reach for your spear, [4] and as you wrap your fingers around it you are already thrusting it forward!
[2] The troll sees you coming, and moves away from the attack!
[4+2-2-1] The pressure on your chest increases, and you feel a stab of pain as your armor digs in!

[6+2-2-1] [5+2-2-1] Putting its full weight on the trapped dwarf and elf, the troll seeks to kill you all even in its death throes!
[3] Urist squirms somewhat away from the falling bulk, but his legs are partially crushed! [5] The swifter Kilakan fairs better, escaping with no additional injuries.
The troll is dead, but Urist now has a broken leg, a permanent -1 to dodge.

As the dust clears, the party surveys their injuries. Some are easily remedied, but others cannot be repaired, and must be endured.
The two prisoners are rescued, their weapons retrieved, but no suitable armor is found. With Tarran missing, and nothing of interest left here, it is time to move on.

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 13, 2010, 05:34:24 pm »

The RNG hates me so much in this game.

Whatever, I'll just wait this movement penalty off.

Look for a steel shield.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Siege the Goblins: Freedom and Victory
« Reply #214 on: December 13, 2010, 06:00:56 pm »

Does my shield count as armor?

Find a door that is not open. Than open it.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 13, 2010, 06:07:00 pm »

Continue exploring.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 13, 2010, 06:07:59 pm »

explore the room for items of interest, such as potions, medicine, armor, ect.
Nom nom nom

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 13, 2010, 06:11:41 pm »

RAEG UNTIL I AM IN THE GAME
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 13, 2010, 06:20:45 pm »

Does my shield count as armor?
Your shield can defend against projectiles, and has a chance to act as armor if don't have armor, which you don't.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 13, 2010, 06:42:32 pm »

I meant do I have it?
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 13, 2010, 10:11:26 pm »

Search out a supply or 'war trophy' room, for armor
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 14, 2010, 12:44:22 am »

Search for an eyepatch, preferably something that menaces with spikes and is encrusted with gems.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 14, 2010, 12:45:16 am »

I meant do I have it?
Yes, your character sheet under "Players" is usually up to date, so you can check that if you forget anything.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 14, 2010, 01:30:54 am »

Take my broken legs with stoic manliness and search around for a crutch I can use.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 14, 2010, 03:09:58 pm »

Tarran:
Giving up on making sense of this dark maze, you instead skulk around for a shield. [6] Opening a random door, you find a partially stocked armory!
There's even a few iron items among the copper!

Tarran has gained an Iron Shield.
HighEndNoob:
[3] heading down the southern hallway, you almost get lost until Urist decides to take over the navigation.
As the rest of the group moves on, you stay behind to open a suspicious door, [1] and find two goblins!

Hamal is away from the group.
MetalSlimeHunt:
As Urist leads the group down the dark corridors, you keep an eye out for anything interesting.
[1] You look around your surroundings so intently, you trip over your own feet. Ouch.

MSH is with the group.
kilakan:
You stay behind to search the room more closely.
In addition to the narrow copper armor and copper scourge, [6] you find a dusty copper shield on a high shelf.

Kilakan's wooden shield has been replaced with a copper shield, and she is away from the group.
KaguroDraven:
As you travel down the grimy hallways, you become anxious to find some new armor.
You see a door around a corner, [3] but there's nothing interesting behind it, so you return to the group.

Rikishak is with the group. [1] He is still weak from bloodloss.
SeriousConcentrate and Krath:
As most of the group has trouble in the dark environment, Urist elects himself as travelling leader.
The adventurers travel down the southern hallway, and a few break off down side paths.
As you finally reach the end of the hallway, torchlight in the large room illuminates [3] two dwarves eating at a makeshift table.
They don't see you yet.

Gottric and Urist are with the group. [3] Gottric is still weak from blood loss, [2] as is Urist.

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 70