Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: PeTA  (Read 7581 times)

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
Re: PeTA
« Reply #105 on: December 06, 2010, 12:25:34 am »

Account was created less than an hour ago, but I dunno. Weirder things have happened.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 06, 2010, 12:30:54 am »

Wrong posting hours, assuming TTT didn't decide to do an all-nighter. That said, TTT and TMoM have extremely similar posting hours even for people in the same region.

I love the way this board seems to be slowly sinking into a kind of paranoid malady.

YOU HAVE VAUGLY THE SAME POSTING HOURS AND ONLY A ALT WHOULD LIKE SEEING IS SINKING INTO PARANOYA

YOUARETEH THREANDSECED THERAST

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 06, 2010, 12:31:49 am »

OH GOD I HAVE THE POSTING HOUR SAFANHDKGHNFDH"ADFHADf

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 06, 2010, 12:32:25 am »

Remember the Fluffy Wambler? PointZilla? This isn't new, folks.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 06, 2010, 12:32:51 am »

Okay I am calming down now.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 06, 2010, 02:05:28 am »

TTT is one of the few trolls we have, we should treasure him or her
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 06, 2010, 02:11:13 am »

Wasn't that also the video that made a number of outright false claims, such as claiming a monkey being sprayed with water was being sprayed with acid
Technically, water is acidic. Oxygen atoms and all that.
no because of the double bonds from the oxygen to hydrogen does not allow water to dissolve.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 06, 2010, 02:24:22 am »

Wasn't that also the video that made a number of outright false claims, such as claiming a monkey being sprayed with water was being sprayed with acid
Hydrogen ions, and it's also base, because of the hydroxide ions that accompany that. That's right, H2O dissolves in itself to form free floating H+ and OH- ions! Slightly. It's both a weak base and a weak acid.

no because of the double bonds from the oxygen to hydrogen does not allow water to dissolve.
No, things aren't as clear cut as that. Chemistry is a real clusterfuck when it comes down to it, with most of the basic rules that are taught to students later being admitted as "yeah, it's not quite true, but it like, shows kind of what happens and shit, even if it's not entirely accurate." That's from a year of AP chem, and a semester of chem in college.

I've been reading a few of the threads TTT has started, and I've gotten a sinking feeling... does anyone else think that TTT is The Merchant of Madness? They're sorta named the same way, and I just have that feeling that somethings up.

Not really, there are some superficial similarities, but they act quite different.
Definitely different people. I confused the two at first, but they quickly became distinct.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 06, 2010, 02:32:01 am »

Everyone is everyone else.
No exceptions.

Except for me. I'm the Zerg Overmind, manifesting myself as a part of your internet.
But don't tell anyone.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 06, 2010, 03:18:01 am »

It's like a big o' game of Mafia.

Isn't that right, Criptfeind?

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 06, 2010, 03:47:47 am »

well i didn't feel like going technical to people and having them go into seizures for too much info.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 06, 2010, 08:05:07 am »

It's like a big o' game of Mafia.

Isn't that right, Criptfeind?
OMG! You Suck! Luke.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 06, 2010, 08:25:59 am »

Indeed, I believe it goes: Children>Self>Close family>Family>People are like you>People who act like you>Humans>other.

As it should.

Your MMV. If you expect me to take a bullet for a child then oh boy you are in for a disappointment.

That aside, I recall the topic coming up in class. Allegedly people coped better with the loss of their children than with the loss of their significant other, according to some study or another. Whereas it sort of made sense, I think most likely it depends a lot on individual factors.

Come to think about it, I sort of wonder how they evaluated that. Did they walk up to people who lost their child or their spouse, and ask them to rate how sad they were in a ten to one scale?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 08:39:22 am by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 06, 2010, 08:39:15 am »

Indeed, I believe it goes: Children>Self>Close family>Family>People are like you>People who act like you>Humans>other.

As it should.

Your MMV. If you expect me to take a bullet for a child then oh boy you are in for a disappointment.

Your own child. Most people probably would.

As for the actual topic, i.e. crazy conspiracy theories, TTT and TMoM do have really similar usernames. Coincidence?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 06, 2010, 08:40:32 am »

I didn't tell them apart until one of them ( I dont remember which) claimed to be a girl.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9