Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Why are you here? Oh. I see.  (Read 2933 times)

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
Why are you here? Oh. I see.
« on: December 03, 2010, 08:20:50 am »

I know we've all found sentient civilized individuals in odd places. Someone should be keeping track of these weird shennanegans.

My latest: the local lord and lady's son, Aink, is out in the middle of nowhere, two days from the nearest town. Only things nearby? a vocano. Oh, and the cave he is hanging out at. Why is he there? He won't tell me. The history file doesn't seem to want to tell me either. WTF? I feel like I should have him join me (he's a peasant) just to get him back to civilization.

Oh. Yes. and the cave's name?  "The Evil Heart" - rumour says there are like a dozen mummies down there.

EDIT:

Oh. I see. Poor guy. Last of a noble line, reduced to hiding in "The Evil Heart" cave, nowhere to go. No training with which to avenge his fallen brethren. Maybe if I get him to one of the cursed castles they will break the curse and restart their civilization? Or perhaps you can retire in abandoned towns?

Maybe he's waiting to outlive the local humies? He's been at that cave for almost 50 years!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 08:41:40 am by Flaede »
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
Re: Why are you here?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 08:34:08 am »

My latest: the local lord and lady's son, Aink, is out in the middle of nowhere, two days from the nearest town. Only things nearby? a vocano. Oh, and the cave he is hanging out at. Why is he there? He won't tell me. The history file doesn't seem to want to tell me either. WTF? I feel like I should have him join me (he's a peasant) just to get him back to civilization.

Oh. Yes. and the cave's name?  "The Evil Heart" rumour says there are like a dozen mummies down there.
You know how heroes tend to stumble on random plotlines or ancient secrets? What are you waiting for?

Oh, any quest from the guardia...uhm...perfectly-innocent-nothing-weird-peasants? Did they tell you not to go in the cave?
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Why are you here?
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 08:36:19 am »

Oh. Yes. and the cave's name?  "The Evil Heart" rumour says there are like a dozen mummies down there.
You know how heroes tend to stumble on random plotlines or ancient secrets? What are you waiting for?

Oh, any quest from the guardia...uhm...perfectly-innocent-nothing-weird-peasants? Did they tell you not to go in the cave?

No. He is "far from his home". Except that I don't think his home is there anymore. (see edit to OP)
I think it's that ruin up north. Or maybe one of the cursed ezrakim castles with the unending naked wrestlers. I am not going near that cave. I can one-shot mummies, and melt pretty much anything with my Balor Throwing Horns, but damn I hate close quarters with poisonous beasties. This is Genesis Mod. The underground is scary.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
[/quote]

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
Re: Why are you here? Oh. I see.
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 08:42:40 am »

roll snakeman
become poisonous beasty
?????
profit
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 08:49:55 am »

I've got a good thing going here, but you're right, it's time to retire ms. Neverguiles. Her amazing ambush skills aside, she is a little the worse for wear. In fact, I'm surprised Aink there didn't mistake her for a mummy. She has a cloak and a half dozen ragscapes for body armor. Her head and upper and lower body have been melted, not to mention a hand and a leg, and wields the dual horns of Kun the Assault of Sizzling the Balor. There is little of the original Orc left.

I will try to get Ainky here to restart his civ, and let me retire there.
I know we've all found sentient civilized individuals in odd places. Someone should be keeping track of these weird shennanegans.

Oh. Yes. and the cave's name?  "The Evil Heart" - rumour says there are like a dozen mummies down there.

EDIT:

Oh. I see. Poor guy. Last of a noble line, reduced to hiding in "The Evil Heart" cave, nowhere to go. No training with which to avenge his fallen brethren. Maybe if I get him to one of the cursed castles they will break the curse and restart their civilization? Or perhaps you can retire in abandoned towns?

Maybe he's waiting to outlive the local mortals? He's been at that cave for almost 50 years!
[/quote]

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 09:39:19 am »

Wipe out the stuff in the cave!! You said yourself your adventurer ain't up to much!
Then he'll wander down, and establish a new kingdom... UNDERGROUND.... :O

...Unrelated, what happened to your old adventurer, the biter? Quesa or something? They were cool.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2010, 10:06:16 am »

Wipe out the stuff in the cave!! You said yourself your adventurer ain't up to much!

...Unrelated, what happened to your old adventurer, the biter? Quesa or something? They were cool.

Quesla was cool, but Quesla was a .17 adventurer. That world crumbled under so many unrelated bugs that I could hardly move for crashing. The worst was this bucket o' blood I had to carry, and could never empty due to the world-crashing that would ensue. But there were others. I think some civ got bugged. Certain times I'd be ambushed and the game would crash. I'd go to sleep, appear in the underground. go to sleep there and wake up in a cave in into the magma sea.... things like that.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 10:08:50 am by Flaede »
[/quote]

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2010, 10:41:17 am »

Well. Anyway. Obviously the reason Aink is there is: He's been waiting 50 years for an adventurer to come along and clear out a path to his new, underground kingdom!
Booze is Life for Yoink

Umi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2010, 04:42:01 pm »

You need to go to his old civ and avenge his parents!  Find the ones responsible and kill them all.  Then use his cave as your base and drop your loot there.  If you die then you can come back with your next adventurer as well.  He can be your permanent butler in exchange for your avenging his parents.

It is the only sensible solution

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2010, 05:22:10 pm »

He doesn't want to join me. No sense of adventure. Probably why he's still alive.
The only other Ezrakim elves alive on this continent are bandits and cursed wrestlers - his old civ's towns are abandoned or ruins. Ithillid invasion, from what he tells me. That and giants (who are dead). Since ithillid towns are non-findable in .18, I can't avenge him.
I guess I need to venture into the underground, since "The Evil Heart" simply must have something good down there.
[/quote]

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2010, 07:25:01 pm »

Quesla was cool, but Quesla was a .17 adventurer. That world crumbled under so many unrelated bugs that I could hardly move for crashing. The worst was this bucket o' blood I had to carry, and could never empty due to the world-crashing that would ensue. But there were others. I think some civ got bugged. Certain times I'd be ambushed and the game would crash. I'd go to sleep, appear in the underground. go to sleep there and wake up in a cave in into the magma sea.... things like that.

It's a curse. If you tried to empty it, you would pass out, and wake up later next to a brimming bucket of blood.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2010, 09:38:35 pm »

He doesn't want to join me. No sense of adventure. Probably why he's still alive.
Maybe one of the things in the Modding forum can "help" or make things more interesting. I think Dfusion or something can make him join you....or you can become/swap him or something (Wouldn't that be an interesting plot twist? A veteran traveler found him and trained him up to adventurer class warrior himself! Adventure & vengeance calls!).
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2010, 01:02:03 am »

Maybe one of the things in the Modding forum can "help" or make things more interesting. I think Dfusion or something can make him join you....or you can become/swap him or something (Wouldn't that be an interesting plot twist? A veteran traveler found him and trained him up to adventurer class warrior himself! Adventure & vengeance calls!).

That would be pretty damn cool. Good storyline, too. And my current hero is so badly scarred she needs to rest. AND she has loads of gear cached away for him to use...
[/quote]

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2010, 01:05:12 am »

Awesome awesome awesome!
Keep us posted on the adventures of Aink!
...Just avoid water, since no npcs ever seem to have swimming skill... :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2010, 01:07:45 am »

Awesome awesome awesome!
Keep us posted on the adventures of Aink!
...Just avoid water, since no npcs ever seem to have swimming skill... :P

Oh, didn't I mention? The cave is within an hour's walk of the seaside. Ramps allow training of swimming. The ocean has ramps. It's ponds and rivers that are dangerous (no ramps to get out from "drowning"). First thing I do with the poor git will be training ambush and swimming. Then I go see if he can walk safely in the castles of his ancestors (they are cursed, currently).

Someone just has to tell me how to do the body-swap thing.
[/quote]
Pages: [1] 2