Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Traps of the Four Elements  (Read 2888 times)

Frosty_Dorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling DFer, Legendary Lazy, Proficient Sleeper
    • View Profile
Re: Traps of the Four Elements
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2010, 09:49:54 pm »

I'm gonna have to make yet another fort. I wanna play with that volcano the right way [been just diggin holes in the side and watching it flow out, that however is true skill]

honestly, that was a ragequit moment.  The friggin thief just walked on past and grabbed it.  There were like 100+ floors yet to be placed.
My computer struggled to load all the demons.  Then, next frame, I check the unit list....
The last.... 4+ pages.... all demons.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2010, 10:16:26 pm »

Who's to say that the four elements of ye old Europe is the same as the four dwarven elements.
If I were to place bets, I would say the 'dwarven' elements are Magma, metal, alcohol and +cat liver biscuits+.

cog disso

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress: Hatchetminds
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2010, 05:02:25 am »

Make sure to put the silver arrows exactly two rooms over from the evil sorceror's chamber, because that's the one thing that can kill him and he wants to know where they are at all times.
Urist McShrodinger likes unobservable properties for their haunting implications.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2010, 12:16:37 pm »

Why mix all of the elements? Build 5 seperate devices to execute goblin prisoners, and have them all activated by a single lever pull:

- magma-lit coal/lignite road fire bbq (so they don't melt/drown in the magma!). Let the goblins keep their leather clothing for more lols.
- water drowning room
- 20z+ falling/air sparta pit
- room full of obsidian sword weapon traps and gold/platinum nugget stonefall traps (classier than an instant cave-in trap, and easier to reset!)
- 1x1 room with a cage of kittens/cats/puppies/war dogs hooked to level (AFAIK harmless creatures will fight back if "cornered" and they have nowhere to run)

Obviously some goblins will die faster than others.

shadowform

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2010, 04:50:44 pm »

Well Heart is only lame because we can't make a proper trap that would utilise as far as I know. I see the DF version of heart being blood.

In Dwarf Fortress, 'Heart' means 'Waves of disposable immigrants with cheap metal short swords and no armor'
Q: What do you get when you take 100 clear glass windows, 1000 silver bars, 6700 gold bars, and 18,000 marble blocks?

A: A very large wall.

"Alright, here's Helltooth... Harborfence... Urist, come get GenericBlade... and you. Welcome to the Danger Room. First timers get good ol' Ballswallowed. Have fun and try not to take off your own toe."

cog disso

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress: Hatchetminds
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2010, 05:28:03 pm »

Urist McShrodinger likes unobservable properties for their haunting implications.

UnrealJake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2010, 05:40:24 pm »

Huochong sounds like what you hear when a ninja hits somebody with a frying pan.

"HUOOOOOOOOOO-"
*CHONG*

mcguinty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2010, 06:10:31 pm »

Well Heart is only lame because we can't make a proper trap that would utilise as far as I know. I see the DF version of heart being blood.

In Dwarf Fortress, 'Heart' means 'Waves of disposable immigrants with cheap metal short swords and no armor'

Haha yeah, like Thulsa Doom said. "Steel isn't strong, boy. Flesh is stronger. Look around you."

I'd set them loose in my Colosseum with some beasts or, if it would work, drop some nobles on their heads.
Pages: 1 2 [3]