Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Night creatures eat night creatures?  (Read 877 times)

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Night creatures eat night creatures?
« on: December 02, 2010, 11:43:05 pm »

So I was  in the den of a night creature spouse, and found a pile of viscera that seemed to belong to another night creature spouse.  Apparently this thing killed the other thing... anyone seen this before?

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
Re: Night creatures eat night creatures?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 11:49:15 pm »

Viscera? maybe it was just left overs from vermin or local wildlife that makes up it's other diet. They do like to eat other things aside from sentients.

So no, I have yet to see them do that...would be interesting if they did.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 01:09:58 pm »

It was definitely from another night creature or something.  It said "lungs of XXXXX" etc.  Also, the pile of viscera included horns.  So it was definitely another night creature thing...

Hummingbird

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 01:14:41 pm »

If you look in Legends, you'll notice that night creatures sometimes attack and less often kill each other during worldgen.
But Elves aren't Vegetarians. They eat people.
So they are humanitarians.

dood_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 02:26:28 pm »

I've seen night creatures hunt in family groups during nights. Well, maybe they were just travelling, but I like to think they were hunting. So maybe, if two night creatures territories overlapped, they'd attack each other? Perhaps not for territorial reasons, but just because they seem to be a bit axehappy (horn happy? punch happy?), and attack everything?

Dunno, first I've heard of this too. I hope it's a feature, would be pretty cool.
It seems very dwarven to use the hell itself as a garbage disposal. I can just see this isolated pile of goblin clothing, rotten food, and chunks of animals sitting there in a featureless plain, slowly cooking in the heat as demons pick at it.