Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: When you get the mood, you get the mood.  (Read 756 times)

Trouserman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
When you get the mood, you get the mood.
« on: December 02, 2010, 10:18:59 pm »

I have an armorer with a broken right upper arm and shoulder, broken right lower leg, broken left foot and ankle, and a broken rib.  She's been sitting uselessly in the hospital for years without recovering.  (There are supplies available, but the surgeons never seem to make progress when they try to operate.)  But now she's become possessed, and crawled down four flights of stairs to reach the forges.  I guess all that time in the hospital was making her stir crazy.  Here's hoping she chooses materials that aren't too far away.

Frosty_Dorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling DFer, Legendary Lazy, Proficient Sleeper
    • View Profile
Re: When you get the mood, you get the mood.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 11:38:51 pm »

I'm hoping to hear about the tantrum  :P

honestly, that was a ragequit moment.  The friggin thief just walked on past and grabbed it.  There were like 100+ floors yet to be placed.
My computer struggled to load all the demons.  Then, next frame, I check the unit list....
The last.... 4+ pages.... all demons.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 11:43:56 pm »

Don't worry, as long as you have all materials she wants, she won't  go insane. There are stories of dwarves crawling for years, gathering resources, shrugging off hunger and thirst, and finally completing their artifacts.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Trouserman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 12:52:38 am »

Yeah, she gathered a half dozen items and made Arrosagseth Emuth Irid, a platinum high boot adorned with the usual rings and spikes and such, and an image of a cloud.  Feeling wistful about when we had two good feet, are we?  "Oh, if only I had this before I ran out for some useless piece of junk and got my ankle bashed in by a goblin maceman..."