Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: ...wut...  (Read 3480 times)

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
Re: ...wut...
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2010, 06:43:26 pm »

Blast! The forces of nature have beaten us to him!

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2010, 07:02:02 pm »

I think he tamed something-- in fortress mode you get engravings of random humans or elves who, say "tamed the bears/boars/horses of such and such land", which then makes bears available for friendly civs for pack and war animals. Such heroes are often depicted "wandering" just as your account had, and the taming is considered heroic (I remeber one fortress covered by some human who tamed giant jaguar).
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 07:04:05 pm by thegoatgod_pan »
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2010, 07:09:55 pm »

...Um... hes kinda dead.
Then Re-gen the world with the same settings, but instead only gen it to the year after he becomes saviour of the world.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2010, 10:02:08 pm »

Was he killed by a megabeast? Maybe it would make him a hero just for fighting one, not just winning such a fight.

...Um... hes kinda dead.
Then Re-gen the world with the same settings, but instead only gen it to the year after he becomes saviour of the world.

And do this!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2010, 10:35:19 pm »

His family needs to die as well of course - And if he can be brought back, he must be found. It must be done.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2010, 12:49:40 am »

...Um... hes kinda dead.

That's not how it works at all. The same settings gives geographically similar world, not an identical one.

Sfon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2010, 01:01:07 am »

Dead?
Maybe that is why he is a hero. Everyone in the world hated him, then he killed himself.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2010, 02:25:56 am »

At the same time, he was named, and probably has a family due to his historical significance.

Am i the only person who wants to hunt them down?
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2010, 04:37:41 am »

...Um... hes kinda dead.

That's not how it works at all. The same settings gives geographically similar world, not an identical one.

The same seed and the same settings.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2010, 04:53:25 am »

...Um... hes kinda dead.

Seeds. Random number generators can be made to re-produce the exact same 'random' numbers if given the same seed.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Hummingbird

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2010, 06:13:13 am »

...Um... hes kinda dead.

Seeds. Random number generators can be made to re-produce the exact same 'random' numbers if given the same seed.

Right. There are four seeds: the general seed, the history seed, the name seed, and the creature seed. If you reuse all of these seeds and keep worldgen settings unchanged, you will be able to have the exact same worldgen.

You'll have to look up your history seeds inside gamelog.txt, which should be inside your DF folder. It should say "*** STARTING NEW GAME ***" then list the four seeds. Go to "Design new world with advanced parameters," press E, and enter all four seeds. If you used the "Create new world" option with all default parameters (medium everything) then you should be fine choosing the MEDIUM ISLAND setting. If not, you'll have to figure out the exact number for site cap, number of civs, etc. that you changed, and enter them—I'm not sure of the exact numbers for the different options.

Now the crucial part is entering the end year of the worldgen so that you end at a date after Monal does the weird hero thing, but before he dies.
But Elves aren't Vegetarians. They eat people.
So they are humanitarians.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2010, 08:13:42 am »

Actually, do to all the available settings, you have to copy every single value that effects what comes out from worldgen.
I suggest leaving all values the same except year, because all that controls is to what year it is genned.

Dagoth Urist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2010, 02:27:03 am »

I reckon that the original poster won't give us the seed nor the settings... And for all we know, it could just be a screen of a player character.. :/
- "Very well. If you are impatient to begin. Go ahead. You are the challenger. To you goes the first blow." -

Hummingbird

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2010, 04:58:35 pm »

Not likely. Player characters (at least hero-level, don't know about peasants) have some text at the top of their Legends entry to signify that they were player-controlled. I believe there's something to the effect of "Although accounts vary, most historians agree that <character> was chosen by the gods as a vessel of destiny" or something like that. In addition, the first line in the entry should read "In <date at beginning of game>, <character> began wandering the wilds."
But Elves aren't Vegetarians. They eat people.
So they are humanitarians.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2010, 07:34:16 pm »

Not likely. Player characters (at least hero-level, don't know about peasants) have some text at the top of their Legends entry to signify that they were player-controlled. I believe there's something to the effect of "Although accounts vary, most historians agree that <character> was chosen by the gods as a vessel of destiny" or something like that. In addition, the first line in the entry should read "In <date at beginning of game>, <character> began wandering the wilds."
Though he may have just scrolled down a little.
Pages: 1 [2] 3