Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Forgotten Beast using equipment?!  (Read 4780 times)

LealNightrunner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Beast using equipment?!
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2010, 11:46:47 am »

Once a colossus came. first he tramped a bunch of migrants and got The Sock.
Then he proceeded to human caravan and outpost liaison.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Combat log was like
The bronze colossus strikes The outpost liaison in the head with his (pig tail fiber sock), bruising the muscle, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing the brain!

I like how it's the horse.

"That was the only one, now you've ruined it for the rest of the world.  Thanks jackass!"
Current Fort: NatureRags

Ves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2010, 12:47:08 pm »

I once had a Giant Desert Scorpion wrestle a Battleaxe out of one of my Dwarf's hands, then go on a killing spree.

Thelogman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2010, 11:29:33 pm »

I once had a Giant Desert Scorpion wrestle a Battleaxe out of one of my Dwarf's hands, then go on a killing spree.

How...did it HOLD the battleaxe?

twilightdusk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2010, 11:37:35 pm »

coiled its tail around it?
A man would see that as a difficult challenge.
An elf would see that and despair.
A dwarf would see that and say, "Bring it on."

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2010, 11:39:36 pm »

With pure win!
In human terms, it didn't realy take just the axe, but rather the dwarfs arm holding the axe, them swung the arm around, causing the axe to hit things.

Shinziril

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2010, 12:12:12 am »

Giant Desert Scorpion claws have the [GRASP] tag.  Combined with their necrosis-inducing poison sting, the results can be . . . unpleasant.
Quote from: lolghurt
Quote from: Urist McTaverish
why is Dwarven science always on fire?
Because normal science is boring

Adamantine Fist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2010, 01:00:00 am »

I once had a werewolf turning into a real killing machine when it started hitting people with the mail shirt it stole from its first victim.
I once had a Bronze Collossus use one of those. This was back when they were nigh unkillable. I was doing pretty well against it until it realized it had ripped the mail shirt off of one of my companions. Then it ripped appart my internal organs with it.
and D) involve Clippy, the helpful paperclip, to tell you what to do.
It looks like you are trying to commit elven genocide! What would you like to do?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2010, 02:08:58 am »

This sounds like some sort of hilarious horror movie. They're battling the giant scorpion, falling back, they're kind of doing okay... and then one of them realizes it's grabbed the axe, and they just look at each other in horror for a moment before the true bloodbath begins.

Also, I now have even more reasons why I need to try adventure mode. Possibly modding giant scorpions to be playable first. :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2010, 09:28:29 pm »

Once I embarked on a cave and it was inhabited by a giant ... he attacked a woodcutter and wrestled the axe from his hands. He then cut the dwarf in two and charged the wagon.

There were no survivors.
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Warmduscher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2010, 11:23:29 pm »

Yeah, I had a then unkillable Bronze Collossus rip off a leather cloak and use it as weapon too. Only that the thing was sompletely useless as weapon, but it didn`t hinder him slapping my poor militia captain over and over with it until everything on him was bruised. At least this left me way enough time to wall them in and the militia captain eventually died of thirst while still getting slapped by the collossus.

jonny211

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2010, 06:46:18 pm »

Am I the only one that laughs until he cries visualising this?

That would make a cool goblin execution pit, spending eternity being slapped by a cloak.

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2010, 02:05:17 am »

You gotta realize, dwarfs wear clothes till they rot off. A creature wielding a encrusted thong from a female dorf that's had 8 babies, would be considered a deadly weapon.
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

Dorten

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2010, 04:10:55 am »

Yeah, I had a then unkillable Bronze Collossus rip off a leather cloak and use it as weapon too. Only that the thing was sompletely useless as weapon, but it didn`t hinder him slapping my poor militia captain over and over with it until everything on him was bruised. At least this left me way enough time to wall them in and the militia captain eventually died of thirst while still getting slapped by the collossus.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VDvgL58h_Y

I'll just leave it here
Cacodemon 2nd Leutenant
medals: 8/40
specials: 30/44
badges: 13:8:3:0:0

Chaoseed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Chaoseed Software
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2010, 03:45:39 am »

Am I the only one that laughs until he cries visualising this?
No.
Surprisepalace! Overseers wanted!
But they never would have given up either. And compared to sitting around in this prison for the rest of my life? Losing is fun.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2010, 11:21:39 am »

I had a yeti kill my axedwarf (the guard I brought) and take his copper battle axe. After he killed my speardwarf militia captian (after he killd the axedwarf) I let him do what he wanted. Thing is, I only figured out he had the axe after I was looking through the combat logs to figure out why the axedwarf wasn't killing him (her). He (the axedwarf) had 28 kills (mostly ice wolfs, one yeti).
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.
Pages: 1 [2] 3