Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I just started my first great adventure!  (Read 1214 times)

Smackinjuice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I just started my first great adventure!
« on: December 02, 2010, 05:12:23 pm »

And i bit the head of a cougar, and wrestled it by shaking it around; I pulled right off and flew in an arc :D

My spear dwarf is now a biter that rips heads off animals :D

I love this game.

BTW I'm still confused about traveling around and finding cities; I use map, zoom to location, but i guess I'm still not getting it... I can get on the same square in fast travel but have a hard time finding it after that.

and the damn boogie men keep coming!

Demki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I just started my first great adventure!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 06:22:47 pm »

And i bit the head of a cougar, and wrestled it by shaking it around; I pulled right off and flew in an arc :D

My spear dwarf is now a biter that rips heads off animals :D

I love this game.

BTW I'm still confused about traveling around and finding cities; I use map, zoom to location, but i guess I'm still not getting it... I can get on the same square in fast travel but have a hard time finding it after that.

and the damn boogie men keep coming!
Solution, don't travel at night, sleep in lairs/houses/fortress-wall/fortress-house.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 07:07:14 pm »

I just had to draw what you grammar caused me to think;
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

xeivous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 07:22:27 pm »

your dwarf is quite beardless.

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 08:33:44 pm »

Solution, don't travel at night, sleep in lairs/houses/fortress-wall/fortress-house.

Be certain to sleep inside the towers and not merely within the fortress walls; I had one adventurer sleep outdoors while next to a bunch of the castle's soldiers and was promptly slaughtered by boogeymen.

Demki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 04:55:45 am »

Be certain to sleep inside the towers and not merely within the fortress walls; I had one adventurer sleep outdoors while next to a bunch of the castle's soldiers and was promptly slaughtered by boogeymen.
I said fortress wall, not fortress area, it means sleep in the walls, even at the small entrance room, as long as it is "inside", it is safe, unless it's inside a labyrinth where you forgot to kill that minotaur that has a pick, you sleep sound while he digs through your skull, looking for ore.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2010, 05:43:03 pm »

That is pretty much what happens. If you check the inventory of that adventurer, the head will be stuck in its teeth.
Like so:
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2010, 09:33:03 pm »

Yes, but I posted the first thing that came to mind. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

xeivous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2010, 09:36:36 pm »

That is pretty much what happens. If you check the inventory of that adventurer, the head will be stuck in its teeth.
Like so:

wait...

since when do cougars have trunks?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2010, 09:38:41 pm »

They don't, he's giving a general example of what happens when you bite something off of something. That's probably a night creature of some sort.
I make Spellcrafts!

xeivous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2010, 09:39:34 pm »

makes sense...

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2010, 12:57:14 am »

yeah, it was a night creature. It's hard to just find a cougar when you want to for an example.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
[/quote]

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2010, 01:13:23 pm »

aww... for a second I had thought you ripped off the head of an elephant. :(

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2010, 12:04:44 am »

aww... for a second I had thought you ripped off the head of an elephant. :(

Elephants are scary. I'd rather fight night creatures.
[/quote]