Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XVIII Game Over Scum Won! Happytown is now Scumville.  (Read 40979 times)

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

NK=Night Kill
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd like to ask for an extension.
Two people still haven't posted a single thing.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh and whatever it is between you two, Lordnin and Muz, I hope it doesn't devolve into something similar as Ottofar vs Elegy in the last beginners mafia.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming

Well, let's see Flintus has an excuse, but what about Akigagak? Why is he lurking? I vote extension, I want to see what he has to say for himself.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile

Oh and whatever it is between you two, Lordnin and Muz, I hope it doesn't devolve into something similar as Ottofar vs Elegy in the last beginners mafia.

What happened? Thread's 40 pages.  :-\

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile

Nevermind I'll just go read it.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What happened? Thread's 40 pages.  :-\
A silly little quarrel, where both sides decided to be stubborn, only giving curt answers to justify their votes.
It was the perfect diversion for the mafia to act.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile

Well, if this has two mafia, as I assume, we have a mislynch, so I believe we should not waste it. If automatically using a mislynch is not a common practice, i am sorry, but the playstyle over at epicmafia always has people randomly lynching. Going off that, warhammer651. I will be keeping my vote on Taco Dan until they reply to my satisfaction.
The reason I'm going for a no lynch is because (from a complete and utter newbie to this' perspective(and where the hell should that possessive apostrophe go anyways?)) we just can't afford it. There's what, like 2 mafia out of nine people? Our odds of getting one of them on the first night aren't good so we'll wind up lynching a townie, or worse someone with an ability that would help things out a lot like the cop. Then the Mafia gets to kill someone as well and we've lost two townies/ potential helpful roles.
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry, dudes, I can't IC for this (not that I really was in the first place).  I just discovered that I'll be without internet for the next month.5, and my mentor is really, really sick.  I have other responsibilities now, unfortunately.

I wish the best of luck to the scumteam and IronyOwl.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming

Well, if this has two mafia, as I assume, we have a mislynch, so I believe we should not waste it. If automatically using a mislynch is not a common practice, i am sorry, but the playstyle over at epicmafia always has people randomly lynching. Going off that, warhammer651. I will be keeping my vote on Taco Dan until they reply to my satisfaction.
The reason I'm going for a no lynch is because (from a complete and utter newbie to this' perspective(and where the hell should that possessive apostrophe go anyways?)) we just can't afford it. There's what, like 2 mafia out of nine people? Our odds of getting one of them on the first night aren't good so we'll wind up lynching a townie, or worse someone with an ability that would help things out a lot like the cop. Then the Mafia gets to kill someone as well and we've lost two townies/ potential helpful roles.
We have a, what? 1/9 chance of lynching a cop? Besides, what's to say mafia kills the cop during the night, it wouldn't have mattered who we lynched, no cop. And, we've got Akigagak, who still hasn't posted.
A no lynch instead of an extension would be a bad idea. Now, if we get the extension, and then we have a good reason for a no lynch, I will vote NL, but right now we've got no other reason.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile

We have a, what? 1/9 chance of lynching a cop? Besides, what's to say mafia kills the cop during the night, it wouldn't have mattered who we lynched, no cop. And, we've got Akigagak, who still hasn't posted.
A no lynch instead of an extension would be a bad idea. Now, if we get the extension, and then we have a good reason for a no lynch, I will vote NL, but right now we've got no other reason.
I see your point Unvote. Though as of yet I am still uncertain who to lynch
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile

I see your point Unvote. Though as of yet I am still uncertain who to lynch

Okay, I am glad this got sorted out, but just offering my perspective.
As to the lynching doc/cop thing there is also a 50 % chance cop is even in this, so it is a 1/18 chance we kill them, if they are even here. If my math is correct, it is a 1/9 chance to lynch a power role. also, i find in setups where there could be a random lynch, it always helps because either: a) scum gets nailed early, or there is one less person to guess out of. plus, it could also possibly eliminate any potential weak points like  lurkers, very scummy people, and the occasional troll. Just my two cents here.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Generally, you only want to no-lynch when there are an even number of players, and then only when mis-lynching (as opposed to no-lynching) would result in a town loss.  Example:  If there are 6 players alive, two of which are scum, a no-lynch is a good idea.  That way, there is one less possibility to miss.

Even if you have no leads, you still want to lynch on D1.  Even if a players flips town after being lynched, there is much to be learned from the mistake.  That person's words can be taken as good intentioned (though not necessarily correct!)  Conversely, you don't want to vote someone for the *sole* reason that they voted for town- even townies make mistakes.  Rather, look for poor reasoning given to vote for that person- it could be a sign of a scum player bandwagonning that player- a vote just because that person was getting votes.

Remember, the scum cannot single-handedly control the votes- they have to mislead others and persuade others to their thinking.

If that's not a good explanation, let me know and I'll try to clarify.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22