Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XVIII Game Over Scum Won! Happytown is now Scumville.  (Read 40899 times)

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XVIII -D3- Return of the Revenge
« Reply #270 on: December 31, 2010, 03:52:46 pm »

Huh?

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 31, 2010, 03:57:52 pm »

'S who I think is scum.

I doubt zrk's scummitude.

Scum should be more afraid of dying, I don't think they'd give up.
I mean, I personally wouldn't.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 31, 2010, 04:46:59 pm »

'S who I think is scum.

Perhaps you should have said this earlier then, when we still had an opposing party.

And why should scum fear death more than the rest of us? This point can apply to both factions, and neither should give up.

My suspicions of you, Ottofar, are also starting to increase. You are pretty much the only person here that is not on the bandwagon. You put up these arguments relatively late in the day, and they are few. Not only that, your "scumlist" is composed of the three principal voters against Zrk2. Wouldn't it be so convenient if these people were to be eliminated? With them gone, you would most likely face much less resistance.

To me this smells of somebody trying to save their scumpartner at the last minute. You're trying to stop the bandwagon on your precious partner by throwing out these words of doubt, and at the same time trying to cast suspicion on the ones who started it, knowing that they may go after you next, thus ending the game in the Town's favour.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 31, 2010, 05:15:55 pm »

Don't quite agree with this argument.

In fact, Zrk is basically just saying "Fine! Go ahead and lynch me! but trust me, You'll regret it!" which just smacks of being scum to me.

My second argument is slightly meta, but it helps explain the first one. When you accuse a townie of being scum, their first thought is "No, you're wrong" whilst the first thought of scum that get's accused is "Crap, they got me". This is where the Meta bit comes in, People on this forum like to debate, but will back down if they believe the other person is right. Thusly, it stands to reason that even though they need to stay alive to win, the Scum will put up less of a fight. This would be doubly true for anyone who's new to the game (read everyone in this game), if only because they don't know how to defend themselves well.
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 31, 2010, 05:54:08 pm »

In fact, Zrk is basically just saying "Fine! Go ahead and lynch me! but trust me, You'll regret it!" which just smacks of being scum to me.

My second argument is slightly meta, but it helps explain the first one. When you accuse a townie of being scum, their first thought is "No, you're wrong" whilst the first thought of scum that get's accused is "Crap, they got me". This is where the Meta bit comes in, People on this forum like to debate, but will back down if they believe the other person is right. Thusly, it stands to reason that even though they need to stay alive to win, the Scum will put up less of a fight. This would be doubly true for anyone who's new to the game (read everyone in this game), if only because they don't know how to defend themselves well.

You wanna metagame this shit? Ok.

You all want to lynch me because you are all secretly insecure and want to be part of the group. I imagine most of those out to lynch me are scum, co-ordinating on my lack of aptitude to ensure they are inconspicuous, while still getting rid of a legit townie.

TacoDan has been zealously hounding me for quite some time. He is clearly covering his scumduggery.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 31, 2010, 06:04:40 pm »

You wanna metagame this shit? Ok.

You all want to lynch me because you are all secretly insecure and want to be part of the group.
I imagine most of those out to lynch me are scum, co-ordinating on my lack of aptitude to ensure they are inconspicuous, while still getting rid of a legit townie.

TacoDan has been zealously hounding me for quite some time. He is clearly covering his scumduggery.

This is not metagaming. These are ad hominem attacks.

Do not do this. It's rude and uncalled for.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 31, 2010, 08:01:48 pm »

Ok, insults are a bad idea. All that proves is that I am socially inept. Regardless, my other reason still stands.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #277 on: January 01, 2011, 04:07:21 am »

Um wow.

So yeah new year's festitudes caught me off guard.

Happy new year! Game modextended to Whenever I Wake Up Later Today.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 01, 2011, 02:24:04 pm »

'S who I think is scum.

Perhaps you should have said this earlier then, when we still had an opposing party.

And why should scum fear death more than the rest of us? This point can apply to both factions, and neither should give up.

My suspicions of you, Ottofar, are also starting to increase. You are pretty much the only person here that is not on the bandwagon. You put up these arguments relatively late in the day, and they are few. Not only that, your "scumlist" is composed of the three principal voters against Zrk2. Wouldn't it be so convenient if these people were to be eliminated? With them gone, you would most likely face much less resistance.

To me this smells of somebody trying to save their scumpartner at the last minute. You're trying to stop the bandwagon on your precious partner by throwing out these words of doubt, and at the same time trying to cast suspicion on the ones who started it, knowing that they may go after you next, thus ending the game in the Town's favour.
Nah. I'dn't do that. Not if I'm this much outta the spotlight. Especially if ev'ryone is agreeing on a lynch. Ah well. If I'm right, we'll lose today.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 01, 2011, 02:26:24 pm »

Nah. I'dn't do that. Not if I'm this much outta the spotlight. Especially if ev'ryone is agreeing on a lynch. Ah well. If I'm right, we'll lose today.

You confound me yet again with your wording. Care to elaborate? :I

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 01, 2011, 02:36:16 pm »

Which part?

We'll lose because there is six of us. Lynch reduces the amount to five. NK to four. 2:2 scum-town ratio.

I wouldn't do it, since no one's paying a lot of attention to me.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 01, 2011, 03:28:28 pm »

Ottofar; maybe we should pay more attention to you? Why are you trying to stay in the shadows?

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 01, 2011, 03:38:33 pm »

No reason, and I'm not.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
Re: Beginner's Mafia XVIII -N3- The Curtain Falls
« Reply #283 on: January 01, 2011, 05:03:46 pm »

Day Three has ended!
Happytown VoteCount:

////////////////////////////////

Taco Dan (1) - Zrk2
Zrk2 (4) - Lordnincompoop, NativeForeigner, Taco Dan, Warhammer651
No Lynch (1) - Ottofar

Not Voting: NativeForeigner

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

The debates rang out as usual, with little progress being made. The final 6 individuals locked in this puzzle of innocence and guilt strained to figure out who they should possibly lynch.

Suddenly, a voice rang out over the hubbub. The voice of Zrk2.

"Gee, I sure hope I don't get lynched..."

Zrk2 got lynched immediately. Ottofar stood off to the side saying, "guys, we probably shouldn't do this", but it was too late.

As Zrk2 gets hanged, his wallet falls out of his pocket, erm, somehow. You all flip through it, and find his Cop's Badge.

Oh shit you just killed a cop that's horrible

You all run to bed and hope for the best... It all seems rather bleak and hopeless, though.

Night Three has begun! Send in your night actions!
Night Three ends when I feel like it.
I can see it now.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
Re: Beginner's Mafia XVIII Game Over Scum Won
« Reply #284 on: January 03, 2011, 11:58:19 pm »

In the middle of the night, Zombie Lordnincompoop felt he simply had to act. Something must be done.

There were only 3 townies left; if one of them died, it would all be over: Town would be outnumbered by the mafia, and mafia would finish everyone off.

Lordnincompoop could save the day, he was a doctor after all. He slipped over to Warhammer651's house to stake it out.

He then watched Warhammer leave his house. Odd.

Lordnincompoop followed behind.

Warhammer headed to Taco Dan's place. Double odd.

Taco Dan came outside with a big smile on his face. They both headed over to Ottofar's pad. Lordnincompoop followed.

They stood at Ottofar's front door. They knocked. Ottofar answered after some time had passed.

"Hey there bucko, time to die."

Gunblasts rang out. Ottofar was thrown away from the doorway in a wave of smoke, bullets and blood. Zombie Lordnincompoop made a zombie gasp.

"Scum!" Whoops, too loud.

Warhammer651 and Taco Dan turned around.

"Why hello there, Zombie Lordnincompoop. Surprised? Let me introduce myself. I am the Godfather. Taco Dan over here is my Roleblocker pal. We're here to take this town over; and it looks like we have done just that. Shame you didn't stay dead earlier, now you'll have to experience it all over again."

Lordnincompoop felt the embrace of oblivion for a second time.

Knock.
Knock. Knock.
Knock.

You answer the door.

You see the inside of a gunbarrel. Hm, interesting. So that's what it looks like.

A flash of light, a whiff of gunpowder, a splitting headache later, you are a pile of lifeless organic material on the ground.

Your spirit heads off to the afterlife.

And this one, too.

Police Chief Toaster conferred at the Mobile HQ. The wiretap had been successful, and a very damning conversation had been recorded because of it. Out of the corner of his eye, he sees the two perps in question walking out in the open. Excellent. Good morning, scum, Toaster thought, I'm sure to be re-elected after this.

"Stop right there, scum! We know it's you two, put your weapons down and your hands up!" Toaster shouted, pointing at Warhammer with his trusty police-issued handgun.

"Of course it's us, everyone else is dead! We've won, don't you see? It's far too late for your intervention, Toaster. Tell him, IronyOwl."

IronyOwl steps out of the shadows.

"Foiled again there, Toaster. You never have been able to stop us, have you?"

"Gah, Irony! I should have known. A little far from Italy, eh?"

"None of that matters now, your town is ours."

"I think not, if you haven't noticed, you're surrounded by police! And the National Guard! And Special Forces! Surrender, all three of you, or we'll be obligated to use deadly force!"

"Silly Toaster, always thinking short-term. I don't know if you've noticed, but YOU are the ones who are surrounded."

Toaster turned around. Sure enough, he saw a solid wall of Mafiosos stretching all down Main Street, all of them holding guns, all of them pointed at Toaster and his fellow police officers.

"Your shenanigans with our two agents, Taco Dan and Warhammer, gave us just the time we needed to slip into Happytown en masse. You'll find similar things happening in other towns as well, all over America. Scum are taking over, and there's nothing you can do about it."

"No! Never!" Toaster shouted. He proceeded to open fire on IronyOwl, who casually slipped behind cover. A whistle was heard, and the world was rocked by innumerable gunblasts. Happytown itself was shredded fine by scumbullets.

The End! Scum Won! I hope everyone had a good time!

Spoiler: Role PMs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Night 1 PMs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Night 2 PMs (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 12:16:40 am by Argembarger »
I can see it now.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22