Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The 7 dwarfs of Sun! (new way to play come inside)!  (Read 2625 times)

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
Re: The 7 dwarfs of Sun! (new way to play come inside)!
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2010, 01:06:11 pm »

Interesting strategy is to embark near a volcano. If you don't want to dig you can use the magma for defense (by using goblinate/caravanite (remember that there are several guards with each caravan which can be melted!)). In my currend experience one the main problems is space for bedrooms as each dwarf wants a few squares. However apart from this most things aren't really that problamatic.
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: The 7 dwarfs of Sun! (new way to play come inside)!
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2010, 01:30:19 pm »

I just started an above-ground fort in a *salty* aboveground fort. I turned off invasions for now. it's in a *serene* region, and to get things started I just started underground. I kinda ditched the rules (not knowing them, however), but I ain't building anything underground after I finish the main stuff. a wall first, then I get all the dwarves I need, and then [INVASIONS:ON] and showtime. Also, I'm doing this in .16 cause I'm still partially a scaredy-cat (hey I suck at militia! I use insanely complex traps to survive! I seal the goddamn caverns with fortifications and grates and use them as drains. I friggin go to the magma sea, find risings in the magma, use fortifications (rows of them) and bars/grates to power my forges. and my only fought-with FB got set on fire using an intricate coal dropping system. 'nuff said.) and I'm using lazy newb for graphics and stuff.

I shall do it and upload.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 2 [3]