Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Carpenty workshop should be able to make wooden carts!  (Read 771 times)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
Carpenty workshop should be able to make wooden carts!
« on: November 30, 2010, 06:46:54 pm »

maybe an architect needs to design it.  Would be nice for dwarves to move twice as fast, or move twice as much with a wooden cart.

FallingWhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Carpenty workshop should be able to make wooden carts!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 08:56:18 pm »

Why would they be faster?
Quote from: Spambot
Becoming a software engineering is not a piece of cake that you can slice it off a plate and gorge on it.

Raddish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 11:08:45 pm »

The only thing I could see a cart being better for is moving heavier objects over smoothed ground.  Otherwise it would either not be worth the extra weight of the cart or more difficult to navigate it over.

Particleman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 05:23:22 am »

Wheelbarrows and carts and such have been on the eternal suggestions list for some time, and been in first place for as long as I've been aware of the list. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/eternal_voting.php

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 11:58:15 am »

I wonder how you'll feel about this suggestion when it dawns on you that dwarves won't be able to move those several ton boulders at all without the equipment. We might be able to chip them into smaller units by then but still, chances are, mine carts are useless unless a reason to have such carts is implemented. Right now dwarves can lug said several metric tonne boulders with quite the ease.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

TheyTarget

• Bay Watcher
  • Memento Mori
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 03:21:00 pm »

I wonder how you'll feel about this suggestion when it dawns on you that dwarves won't be able to move those several ton boulders at all without the equipment. We might be able to chip them into smaller units by then but still, chances are, mine carts are useless unless a reason to have such carts is implemented. Right now dwarves can lug said several metric tonne boulders with quite the ease.

I think the idea is, they can carry more then one object at a time, or with some form of automation, have to carry it half as far, or twice as fast.
Code: [Select]
This is a platinum warhammer. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. it menaces with spikes of platinum.
there is an image of the goblin Utes Gozrusrozsnus and dwarves in elf bone. The goblin is making a plaintive gesture. the dwarves are striking a menacing pose.
this image relates to the slaying of Utes Gozrusroz