Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 120+ dwarfs/Clown College/Cotton candy/40+ MBs!/ I need help with all this FUN!  (Read 2363 times)

Smackinjuice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sweet, I had written well over 1000 words and my computer decides to go back a page.

SO in summed up words minus the loads of cool shit i was talking about (i'm so fuckin pissed right now.)
Map gen is small/ but adv setting to have 10X more MB/SMB/T/D/NC's and more evil squares then good.  though i'm in a neutral zone that has untame wilds and abundant of resources

I'll write it up later again cause this embark has been LOADS of !FUN!
Ok narrowed it down to the hospitol, i have so many injured and dwarfs :D a lot of them are fainted though from the miasma i believe.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TL;DR What does miasma come from besides refuse stuff?  Also my dwarfs will never dump stuff despite setting a zone for it; any clue?

I'd like to keep going with this fortress, i have admantine, 15 legendary dwarfs in the work force; and 35+ military dwarfs that are steel armored, admantine weaponized.  But this miasma is driving me nuts!

Also i'm killin the elf caravan that just came in :D  i'm ready to do war with everyone; my above ground refuse of bodys has over 100 monsters i've killed, only a few fallen dwarfs. I also have over 20 war elephants I've captured and trained, all synced to my captains; who that also have war dogs so each captain between my 4 squads has over 10 war animals each :D and most members have 1 or 2.  I have 112 dwarfs with 200 animals :D and still have 60 fps
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 04:28:17 pm by Smackinjuice »

Raging Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • The mouse has become enraged! *DOUBLECLICK*
    • View Profile

From what you have described I'd attribute the miasma to the dwarves in your hospital. Their bodyparts are most likely rotting away due to contact with the FB slime. To make matters worse, it's probably spreading.

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did you check the dwarf to see if part of him was rotten or rotting? Check his wounds, not just loo"k"ing in his square.

Smackinjuice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok what am I looking for?

In my Hospitol screen, I have people requiring surgery/ but no Inoperable Rots, and 1 guy wants a cleaning.

when i press V, and check units health, i have body parts in brown, yellow, blue.  mostly white :D; Also in that spot with the bile; everyone has fainted including the surgeon.  How do i get rid of the bile from the forgotten beast!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 01:16:39 pm by Smackinjuice »

Smackinjuice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OMG! so i was going through my 'U'nit list, checking out my million pages of deceased and what not.  but then i come across my children, so i decided to start reading who there daddy's were. 

Well one of the random child i clicked on has ROTTEN FEET!!!

I believe he's in the hospital too; when you check them out with 'V'iew it doesn't tell you shit!

what do i do!

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile

You wait for a batch of migrants and make a new fort next to your old one. The forgotten beast extract has probably spread out all over your fort. Read this story to solve the problem.

Smackinjuice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

there is only 1 piece of the bile, and that's in the hospitol; my misma is everywhere though; i have 3 doors guarding the hospitol.  I dunno, unless i'm missing something else I just have to get rid of that 1 piece.

Smackinjuice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

also where in the story do i read?

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile

Rebuild the hospital somewhere else and incinerate the old one. But why are your children infected, as they never go into the hospital?

also where in the story do i read?
The place where they build a huge wall around the infected fort and start filling it with magma.

pixl97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

First get the dfhack utils and run dfclean, you'll have to keep doing this for a while.

Second, well what I would do is, drop a floor tile on the diseased people in the hospital, evacuate the area first.

Third, build a dwarfwasher, plenty of info about this if you search the forums.

You'll want a waterfall and some other nice things around to keep a tantrum spiral from occuring.

bremarv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

there is only 1 piece of the bile, and that's in the hospitol; my misma is everywhere though; i have 3 doors guarding the hospitol.  I dunno, unless i'm missing something else I just have to get rid of that 1 piece.

Theres probably some rotting dwarfs and animals taking a walk and spreading the miasma.
the future isn't the present on steroids. The future is a mutated bacteria that you never saw coming. - Annalee Newitz
there are certain rooms that should not have lava moats. Namely danger room, and daycare rooms.
I prefer dwarves for some things. Like not laying eggs.

pixl97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The thing is you don't just have that one piece of 'goo', it's likely almost every one of your dwarfs is covered in some kind of FB dust or pus. The reason children are affected by it is they don't put on shoes and cloths correctly.

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Zombiefort of the Dead

Smackinjuice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

omg, i have roughly 30 dwarfs, in 3 squares; all passed out at the doorway to the hospitol; cause i was trying to remove pieces.

Everyone is rotting, everyone is infected, miasma everywhere.  WTF, seriously this is the worst thing that can happen; everything else you can fight but how do you stop this from happening in the future?  I can't even get anyone in, they just pass out and faint.  This place is doomed; and because i built everything with a main stairway; and my hospital is so close to that... well it's everywhere.

for now on I'm not going to have a main stairway, I'll have 4, but each one only goes to a floor, then alternates.  also the hospitol will for now on be outside, or at least have lots of ventilation.

the horrors!  in other news i killed some clowns with my remaining army.  Trying to dig another fortress but no one is able to get through, to many of sick and rotting now... it's doomed...  :(  I just wish my dwarfs had died a true death, not this bile crap.

decius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Check everyone's wounds and inventory any rotting tissue or 'forgotten beast X spatter' stays in the fort. They need to take apart all the doors, and dig the fort for cleansing. Once the fort is ready for cleaning, it doesn't matter if the doomed die early or not. Move everybody that appears 'clean' to their own, separate burrow in an unused area. They need to gather their own plants, cut their own trees to make their own barrel for booze and their own bed. Everyone needs to be quarantined from everyone else. If they remain clean for long enough (based on how long you can make them survive without a complete tantrum spiral), they can band back together, in a clean area, and start on the pump stack.  Clean the fortress out with magma (the doomed should have rigged it so that the fortress will flood completely, and then drain; use magma-unsafe bridges, floodgates linked to pressure plates, or any system except levers: There is no way to connect a lever to the floodgate without risking contaminating the lever.

If you have no clean dwarves, or don't want to take any risks, seal your entire population inside, and divert immigrants to build the cleanser. This has the advantage of a lower risk of tantrum spiral, since they won't be executing their own friends.

Or, abandon/reclaim. I -think- that that removes all the contaminants from the map.
TBH, I think that all dwarf fortress problem solving falls either on the "Rube Goldberg" method, or the "pharaonic" one.
{Unicorns} produce more bones if the werewolf rips them apart before they die.
Pages: [1] 2