Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: Powder Toy  (Read 55689 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Powder Toy
« Reply #180 on: February 26, 2011, 01:40:39 am »

I'm not really sure what is causing it, but I appear to be incapable of cloning bombs. They simply explode the instant they exist. The upswing is that it makes for a cool energy cannon.

I think it depends on the type of bomb. Something about a certain element/particle resetting when it gets copied causing a change in temperature or pressure.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 26, 2011, 01:41:47 am »

I am loving the new bomb element, even if bombs and stickmen are buggy. Actually, no, wait, that makes it better. I smiled upon seeing bomb-jumping stickmen.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 26, 2011, 01:42:49 am »

Indeed, the bomb element is fun. I like to bomb cities with one bomb at a time. It's actually harder then it looks because of pressure.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #183 on: February 26, 2011, 02:26:23 am »

Something odd just happened...

When a stickman dies, it looks like they just turn into the closest element. So I put one of those stickman spawners in a closed box with some magma, and the air temperature in there eventually caused it to die the instant it spawned. But one of them happened to touch a stray particle of magma before it died, melting into more magma directly on top of the spawner. The next one touched that, and so on.

Now I've got an endless stream of magma shooting out of that single point.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 26, 2011, 09:50:25 am »

That is indeed odd. I've always seen them die into dust.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Spaceman96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 26, 2011, 12:40:36 pm »

When they die they burst into whatever element they are capable of shooting. They can get this element by having their heads go through it(only certain ones). You can make them shoot a stream of this element by pressing down for the first stickman and s for the other one.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 26, 2011, 12:49:07 pm »

One thing I find extremely entertaining, is making a < shape of clone, then putting C-5 (the cold explosive) on it, and lighting it up. Makes a nice ice shock wave.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 27, 2011, 10:39:38 pm »

I finally managed to make a working smelter. It used a number of the "fuck physics" elements, but it reliably separates glass and metal out of a molten mixture of sand and broken metal. The big problem is pressure: I suppose it would be possible to make the whole thing high pressure, but I didn't think to do that, and you need high pressure for the cooling process not to create solid chunks of glass and metal. So, after a long semi-cooling chamber (down from 3-5 thousand to about one and a half thousand degrees) the lava is dropped into a portal in, with the portal out being in a high pressure inverted cone, that drops it over a wall under which is a cold flame spawner, and into a giant bowl, where the end result is collected at 1200-1300 degrees, with a pile of broken glass covered in molten metal.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 06, 2011, 04:16:42 am »

Wait, are you trying to separate the glass and metal?

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 21, 2013, 09:53:24 pm »

I am reviving this thread because I just discovered this game! It is still being updated and is very fun!!
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #190 on: September 22, 2013, 01:43:49 am »

I'm getting huge security warning from the site now; was it hijacked?
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #191 on: September 22, 2013, 01:47:50 am »

no warning here

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 28, 2013, 12:00:56 pm »

I got one the last time I downloaded it. No problems yet, so probably a false positive.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 28, 2015, 06:32:13 am »

Reviving this thread. The game was too fun to stop playing. Also: "Azure Lotus Mechanism".
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 28, 2015, 06:38:22 am »

Hey! I wasn't apart of this forum when you guys started this, but I remember playing this game yeeeears ago. This a pleasant blast from the past indeed! ^.^
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14