Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Powder Toy  (Read 55715 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Powder Toy
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2010, 08:34:57 pm »

Okay! I think I got my plasma gun working. I added an E-Hole at the end, and most of the plasma shoots outward instead of blasting back into the gun.

Short range, unfortunately.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2010, 08:43:16 pm »

As far as resolution goes, changing your screen resolution helps there.

Anyways, for some reason falling particles create negative air pressure.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2010, 09:03:20 pm »

I might have been wrong about the line-draw tool being the "line tool" needed for a fan. I just tried it, and it didn't accelerate the gas at all(or at least any noticable amount).

It does, do the line-tool thing multiple times, that will increase the fan's acceleration of particles.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2010, 09:26:26 pm »

How do you import things?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2010, 09:52:36 pm »

Woohoo, got a second version of it, this one works better. Tighter spread, which means more range.

Zapping the positive conductor will fire. I'm not sure why I left the negative one below it, since it fires only a single burst and shuts off automatically. Anything in front of it gets immediately heated by about 150°C, well above the boiling point of water. I don't think anything alive would survive that. I wonder why the military hasn't checked into a weapon like this...
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2010, 09:56:25 pm »

Their too busy designing guns that explode behind an enemy's cover.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2010, 10:26:02 pm »

I figure superheated air would do the job quite well. And I was wrong about how hot it was. A sheet of metal went from -150°C to gone in a single shot. Surviving metal(this wasn't the breakable kind, either) was left cooking at over 400°C.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2010, 07:47:41 am »

Would you mind labeling the various parts of it in paint?I'm no good at recognizing what each thing is on sight.
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2010, 08:29:29 am »

How does one make a nuke? My resolution is too large to read any of the instructions. =(

In fact, how do I increase the game's resolution?
The Ashikaga Dynasty - A Europa Universalis 3 Let's Play - Sadly Cancelled Due To Bugs

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2010, 09:26:35 am »

How does one make a nuke? My resolution is too large to read any of the instructions. =(

Make a giant pile of plutonium.  Find some way of creating high pressure inside it.  Any of the explosives work.  C4 goes off with electricity, Ruthibidium (sp?) goes off when in contact with water (a single pixel will do).

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2010, 09:33:08 am »

Would you mind labeling the various parts of it in paint?I'm no good at recognizing what each thing is on sight.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2010, 03:03:27 pm »

I can't quite replicate your success, my plasma gun takes 3 shots to melt through a slab of metal.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2010, 04:41:14 pm »

Ah. So that is how it reloads. The clone is the reason we don't make those.

Anyways, try building it out of available materials with AIR(Special tab), and be amazed as anything humans have melts instantly.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 05:03:29 pm by breadbocks »

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2010, 06:43:51 pm »

Ah. So that is how it reloads. The clone is the reason we don't make those.

Anyways, try building it out of available materials with AIR(Special tab), and be amazed as anything humans have melts instantly.

I'm not sure how, but I just made a constantly firing version. The spark I used to fire it seems to have managed to loop itself, so it's just constantly setting it off.

EDIT: Figured it out. In an attempt to increase power, I added more clonestuff to the top and bottom. Seems the spark's hitting the clone, being cloned and refiring the gun.

EDIT2: How do you download one of the premade files off the site? I can't seem to find a link.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 06:52:34 pm by Simmura McCrea »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2010, 06:54:34 pm »

I can't quite replicate your success, my plasma gun takes 3 shots to melt through a slab of metal.
How thick was the metal. I noticed that if it got thick enough, it looks like it bounces right off. My guess is that it's because it tries to even out temperatures(and pressure) across a material extremely quickly. A thin piece will disintegrate.

I also figured out how to get all the plutonium in a nuke to go off before the bomb comes apart. Surround the explosives with uranium. I'm not sure, but I think this happens because, although the explosion pushes against the uranium(which pushes against the shell), it's not enough to rupture the shell(unless it's glass or something) because of the negative pressure mass from the the I guess imploding plutonium. Instead the uranium heats up so that the shell melts around the time the plutonium reaches critical mass. Or something. Try it for yourself, and toss in some glow liquid and maybe some noble/flammable gases while you're at it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14