Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 613 614 [615] 616 617 ... 2023

Author Topic: The Land of Lost Dimensions.  (Read 637262 times)

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
Re: The Land of Lost Dimensions. Life goes on.
« Reply #9210 on: February 13, 2011, 09:50:59 am »

T: "Then your creators are pathologically moronic, doubly so to remember they had a grudge about it after so much time. A species this idiotic bears knowing about. Your associate mentioned something about being a first-generation, so I believe she had information about your creators. I can only hope that you can share such information as well, for the idea of me rifling about in her mind now is about as good as putting a berserk Tyranofex in a china store."
"They're old. Ancient. They never forget. And, yes I'm first generation as well. We Torikan were originally created to mine various raw materials for these beings, and the individual tasked with overseeing us eventually felt pity for us for some odd reason. It helped us escape, taught us a lot of things."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9211 on: February 13, 2011, 09:55:07 am »

((It's just a goddamn puddle.))
((still, ew. Not like stepping into them would have any beneficial effects or something))

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9212 on: February 13, 2011, 10:10:01 am »

"They're old. Ancient. They never forget. And, yes I'm first generation as well. We Torikan were originally created to mine various raw materials for these beings, and the individual tasked with overseeing us eventually felt pity for us for some odd reason. It helped us escape, taught us a lot of things."
T: "The Eldar of my home are ancient. That does not make them particularly bright as well. They managed to orgy a malevolent god of immense power into existence that now chases after them through the galaxy, bent on consuming their souls, and tore a gaping hole in reality by doing it. Regardless. What can you tell me about the nature of your progenitor species. Any biological particularities? Psychology? Because if they do come after you, we will end up with them on our heads as well, and I prefer to make my attacks count if in a conflict."

((meanwhile))
A: "And why'd you want to meet lil'ol'me? And why, for hell's sake couldn't you do it like a normal person!?"
T: "I simply wanted to tell you that I know."
*The panda is puzzled for a moment, then slowly starts drifting towards panic, leveling her dreamgun at the Tyrant's head.*
T: "Tyranids have a habit of wanting to know everything that may be of use, and as I have developed a whole self of my own, the scope of my search for information has expanded to anything that may cause major disturbance."
*She fires again, the bullet grinding to a halt shortly after leaving the barrel, and remains stuck in midair.*
T: "The bottom line is, I know what... components you have, and what you lack. And I mean to tell you that there is little cause for concern as to most of your... particularities. This is as a mixed bunch as any you will find, and the uncommon is simply taken for granted... provided it's not trying to kill them."
*The bone plains start unraveling, as the Tyrant turns to leave. Amity growls at the armored figure:*
A: "How the hell did you know?!"
*It turns to her, looking over its shoulder.*
T: "Scent. Tyranids are excellent predators. We have to be... Regardless. Don't let knowledge of your... characteristics bother you. Some here may actually find it interesting..."
*The dreamscape unravels, and Amy finds herself in her bed, awake.*

((It's just a goddamn puddle.))
((still, ew. Not like stepping into them would have any beneficial effects or something))
((Who knows, Try taking a dip inside, Food flicker-life.))
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 10:11:41 am by Something Evil »
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9213 on: February 13, 2011, 10:15:47 am »

T: "The Eldar of my home are ancient. That does not make them particularly bright as well. They managed to orgy a malevolent god of immense power into existence that now chases after them through the galaxy, bent on consuming their souls, and tore a gaping hole in reality by doing it. Regardless. What can you tell me about the nature of your progenitor species. Any biological particularities? Psychology? Because if they do come after you, we will end up with them on our heads as well, and I prefer to make my attacks count if in a conflict."
"They don't really have organic bodies anymore... they're closer to AI than anything... They're... They're..." *Vorthon whimpers*

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9214 on: February 13, 2011, 10:25:29 am »

"They don't really have organic bodies anymore... they're closer to AI than anything... They're... They're..." *Vorthon whimpers*
*The genestealer claps its chitin-plated hands together, an unsettling sight to say the least.*
"Wonderful! Necrons II: The Scourge of Petty Vengeance. By the void, I hate machine-beings. They're so hard on the stomach."

*Amity gets out of bed, replaces the chem injectors on her right forearm in annoyance, and after pulling her trousers and vest on and checking her gear, leaves her room, intent on ruining someone's day.*

((Edit: goddamn semantics.))
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 10:41:18 am by Something Evil »
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9215 on: February 13, 2011, 11:23:45 am »

-The unknown ship begins laying waste to the outlying colonies in the system.-

((Ship is approximately 50 AU from the star, and closing.))

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #9216 on: February 13, 2011, 12:04:55 pm »

*The genestealer claps its chitin-plated hands together, an unsettling sight to say the least.*
"Wonderful! Necrons II: The Scourge of Petty Vengeance. By the void, I hate machine-beings. They're so hard on the stomach."
Dariel blinks over there.
"Or the Thousand Sons. Poor bastards."

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #9217 on: February 13, 2011, 12:46:23 pm »

((Was taken on shopping trip, so yo.))
"Uh, guys? We're kinda being attacked from space. Again."

The voice can be heard all throughout the Ark.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9218 on: February 13, 2011, 12:47:15 pm »

"How the hell did you get fused with the ark?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #9219 on: February 13, 2011, 12:47:31 pm »

((Was taken on shopping trip, so yo.))
"Uh, guys? We're kinda being attacked from space. Again."

The voice can be heard all throughout the Ark.
"Bloody 'ell. What is it this time?"

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #9220 on: February 13, 2011, 12:49:45 pm »

"Huge ship, warped in and attacked the outer colonies. All known attempts at communication have failed. Also, don't ask me because I honestly don't know."

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #9221 on: February 13, 2011, 12:50:55 pm »

"Okay, reminds me of a Tyranid Hive Fleet except we're already friends with Tyranids, so, uh, it's either a quite vicious Space Hulk or something beyond me. Should I get a strike team up there?"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9222 on: February 13, 2011, 12:52:44 pm »

*A familiar figure emerges*

"We sent several shuttles to board it, they we destroyed. I doubt your compatriots will have better luck."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #9223 on: February 13, 2011, 12:52:54 pm »

"Well, it did send SOMETHING out. Something not understandable. And painful. Very painful."

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #9224 on: February 13, 2011, 12:54:30 pm »

"Yes, but I could teleport people on there."
Pages: 1 ... 613 614 [615] 616 617 ... 2023