Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 591 592 [593] 594 595 ... 2023

Author Topic: The Land of Lost Dimensions.  (Read 637897 times)

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
Re: The Land of Lost Dimensions. Life goes on.
« Reply #8880 on: February 12, 2011, 06:12:27 pm »

*Amy simply grabs the note without bothering to read it, then skids to a halt near Kata.*
"You have BUGS! Giant-ass bugs everywhere, coming out of the piping, biting people, talking and, and, and... being reasonable! What the hell is going on?!"
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8881 on: February 12, 2011, 06:13:30 pm »

"Apparently, yes. Also, it was most likely a sabotage that caused the collapse. Your associate mentioned something about Tyranids being involved. Also, a small parasite was recovered from you as your body gave up trying to keep awake. Adding up the slight civil war that followed on the lunar surface, this raises some rather unpleasant questions. Also, just after you blacked out there was a minor conflict with some ignorable little critters called Void Dragons. Not much. They merely managed to wipe out my near-innumerable bodies in the Armok system, then almost killed everyone else to boot. Tenshi, whom I take you met on your arrival, sacrificed her physical form to kill them, and blew up half this micro-galaxy to boot."
"Heh. I doubt it had anything to do with the imperialists... they're not that subtle. Ohhh... my head."*She doubles over in her seat, clutching her head.*

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #8882 on: February 12, 2011, 06:13:55 pm »

Berkar walks next to Amy.
"Obviously you know nothing about Tyranids. Well, they're technically sentient bugs with a hive mind."

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #8883 on: February 12, 2011, 06:14:01 pm »

"Hey! I'm carrying...volatile...ammo...here. Hey Amity. I brought your bullets back for you. Don't leave them in the air ducts again."
Kata hands Amy her bullets.
"As for those bugs? They're called Tyranids and are sadly far too, you know, reasonable to be exterminated. They are also incredibly useful at times."

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8884 on: February 12, 2011, 06:16:52 pm »

((out for a bit))

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8885 on: February 12, 2011, 06:22:19 pm »

"Hey! I'm carrying...volatile...ammo...here. Hey Amity. I brought your bullets back for you. Don't leave them in the air ducts again."
Kata hands Amy her bullets.
"As for those bugs? They're called Tyranids and are sadly far too, you know, reasonable to be exterminated. They are also incredibly useful at times."
*Amy looks at the magazines, then deftly places them in her vest, sorting them by payload, seeming rather sheepish.*
A:"Thanks... But I didn't reckon anyone bothers to check vents at regular intervals for stashes. It was kinda a reflex... Y'know, better to have and not need..."
*Her demeanor instantly changes to panicky once again.*
A:"And how's six feet of bug camping in a vent useful?!"

Berkar walks next to Amy.
"Obviously you know nothing about Tyranids. Well, they're technically sentient bugs with a hive mind."
A:"This place is just plain weird..."

*Meanwhile.*
"Heh. I doubt it had anything to do with the imperialists... they're not that subtle. Ohhh... my head."*She doubles over in her seat, clutching her head.*

T: "You should seek medical attention. If that thing messed up your head to this extent, maybe it has company. Get a full body analysis."
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #8886 on: February 12, 2011, 06:23:33 pm »

"They're not. However, a million bugs preventing the world from ending by degenerating into a true vacuum is."
Kata smiles.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #8887 on: February 12, 2011, 06:25:37 pm »

"Well, they are pretty useful for killing enemies. Then again, they killed my mum and dad."

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8888 on: February 12, 2011, 06:26:38 pm »

'Hmm.. I'm absolutely starving'
*Lilly wanders in search of food*
*Hugs*

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #8889 on: February 12, 2011, 06:28:17 pm »

Lilly finds herself in a PLACE FULL OF DELICIOUS FOOD ITEMS.
Because the Ark is just that awesome. Also because she can use her nose.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8890 on: February 12, 2011, 06:28:45 pm »

*Begins to chow down*
*Hugs*

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8891 on: February 12, 2011, 06:29:56 pm »

"They're not. However, a million bugs preventing the world from ending by degenerating into a true vacuum is."
Kata smiles.
*The red panda tilts her head sideways.*
A: "A what? And do I want to know?"

"Well, they are pretty useful for killing enemies. Then again, they killed my mum and dad."
*She shrugs.*
A: "My folks got blown up by a mortar hit when they were setting out to do a job. Rival merc group. I learned from an early age that holding a grudge against an enemy isn't worth it. But it kinda gets under your skin something awful sometimes, right?"

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #8892 on: February 12, 2011, 06:32:15 pm »

"Basically the one piece of physics that could end the entire universe," Kata notes. "Simply put, space is not a true vacuum, but a false one. Now the true vacuum is preferred, being a lower energy state, but there is an energy 'hill' that prevents the universe from instantly becoming true vacuum. However, if enough energy is generated..." She trails off.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #8893 on: February 12, 2011, 06:34:57 pm »

*She shrugs.*
A: "My folks got blown up by a mortar hit when they were setting out to do a job. Rival merc group. I learned from an early age that holding a grudge against an enemy isn't worth it. But it kinda gets under your skin something awful sometimes, right?"
"Yeah, but good thing I never knew them. And if you see any particularly big bugs, don't kill it. Or it might kill you. Horribly."

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8894 on: February 12, 2011, 06:39:39 pm »

"Basically the <snip> energy is generated..." She trails off.
A: "Yeah... The only physics I'm good at is ballistics and collision. And biology. As in knowing where to best put holes in things. Speaking of that, is there a shooting range here?"

"Yeah, but good thing I never knew them. And if you see any particularly big bugs, don't kill it. Or it might kill you. Horribly."
A: "Uh-huh. After seeing that huge cat-chick get landed on by that bug and bitten into incapacity, no thanks. Honestly; didja see the claws on that thing? What the hell are they meant to catch as prey in their habitat? Armor divisions!?"
Pages: 1 ... 591 592 [593] 594 595 ... 2023