Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 2023

Author Topic: The Land of Lost Dimensions.  (Read 638228 times)

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
Re: The Township of DimensionCrashed. For now, anyway.
« Reply #4065 on: January 28, 2011, 01:10:10 pm »

((yay; depictive passages!))

((Indeed!))

-Back in orbit-

*As soon as the infrastructure is in place, a massive ship slips out of the wormhole and settles into orbit around the planet. It deploys a smaller vessel, which begins to descend towards the surface.*

-On the ground-
*It lands near the fortress, and a large number of open-cockpit construction mechs, as well as half a dozen larger heavy-duty construction mechs disembark, and raw materials are ferried out of the ships interior on hovering cargo pallets. When everything is unloaded, the mechs begin to dig the foundations for some kind of large hexagonal structure.*

--quite some time later, on the ground--

*The structure is finished. It appears to be a landing pad of sorts, and it has a number of buildings surrounding it.*

-Back in orbit. Again.-

*A dodecahedral structure is deployed by the orbiting ship, and it moves into position over the hexagonal structure on the ground. It maintains its position above the hexagonal pad... thingy... and a number of smaller ships which have begun to come through the wormhole dock with it, and a number of small landing pods deploy from the surface of the dodecahedron closet to the planet.*

((Woot! CSE presence established!))

*Vorthon wanders over to the Tyrant and Tenshi.*

"I don't know whether you'd consider this insensitive, but we could treat her. One of the first shipments of supplies that should be landing is essentially a hospital in a landing pod," he says, looking worried.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: January 28, 2011, 01:15:18 pm »

*goes outside to see whats going on*

"'whistles', nice infanstructure"

((CSE?))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: January 28, 2011, 01:16:03 pm »

*goes outside to see whats going on*

"'whistles', nice infanstructure"

((CSE?))

((Confederation of Sapient Entities.))

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4068 on: January 28, 2011, 01:20:02 pm »

"I'd be demented to say no. I can't bring her to my pools and help her restore there for fear she'd be torn apart. She is so, so many things at once, most completely unknown even to us. If you can grant my selves amnesty I will try to guide her mind while you perform her recovery."

((Also, giant hole in ground with huge, horrible things inside that can be seen from space with an IR scanner, and tunnels everywhere. No one from CSE freaking out? Odd.))
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: January 28, 2011, 01:24:34 pm »

"No, sometimes someone has to recover on their own, without mental help."
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: January 28, 2011, 01:30:27 pm »

*The Tyrant turns to Ochita, its gigantic bulk, bristling with teeth and plates of armor-bone looming over him*

"And you know this how, having been alive for mere days and spawned from something that simply expands again and again, turning life into something un-living? I have been alive for eons. I know what can kill or heal, and what damage excessive attempts at healing can do. We will proceed with utmost caution, guiding not forcing."
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: January 28, 2011, 01:33:39 pm »

"I'd be demented to say no. I can't bring her to my pools and help her restore there for fear she'd be torn apart. She is so, so many things at once, most completely unknown even to us. If you can grant my selves amnesty I will try to guide her mind while you perform her recovery."

((Also, giant hole in ground with huge, horrible things inside that can be seen from space with an IR scanner, and tunnels everywhere. No one from CSE freaking out? Odd.))

((Dude, the CSE has encountered a race which basically amounts to sentient molecular clouds {Think about it. Minds literally light-years across.} in interstellar space. So this is kind of meh for them.))

*Vorthon nods, and gestures for the Tyrant to follow. He leads it towards a large structure which looks like a sphere with a flattened 'bottom' which has just been pulled off the pad. As they walk towards it, they pass by all manner of alien beings, as well several torikan, and, surprisingly enough, several humans.*

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4072 on: January 28, 2011, 01:46:40 pm »

*The Tyrant turns to Ochita, its gigantic bulk, bristling with teeth and plates of armor-bone looming over him*

"And you know this how, having been alive for mere days and spawned from something that simply expands again and again, turning life into something un-living? I have been alive for eons. I know what can kill or heal, and what damage excessive attempts at healing can do. We will proceed with utmost caution, guiding not forcing."
*Ochita straightens, his colour turning into a white.*
"And I have to control that. My life is always at risk, I can't just let it out. And mental health... If someone is broken then perhaps the best thing is to let them find their heart, the way they want to."
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: January 28, 2011, 01:52:01 pm »

*Yunno comes out and see's... well, all of THAT! Then walks to the spawning pools where the tyrant is*

« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 01:59:20 pm by Metal Militia »
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: January 28, 2011, 01:54:38 pm »

*Ochita straightens, his colour turning into a white.*
"And I have to control that. My life is always at risk, I can't just let it out. And mental health... If someone is broken then perhaps the best thing is to let them find their heart, the way they want to."

*Vorthon turns to Ochita, and laughs hysterically.*

"'Find their heart'?" he said, mockingly, "'The way they want to'? What, do you believe in souls or something? Let me tell you this. There is no such thing as a soul. Our minds are merely data and proccessing power and capabilities. It is possible to transfer minds between bodies. But when we do die, when our minds cease to be extant, that's it. There's nothing more. The way to immortality is not through religion or spirituality, but through technology. And even that will eventually be futile. We live in a cold, uncaring universe that will one day be nothing more than a diffuse sea of long-wavelength photons and neutrinos. In the end, the laws of thermodynamics win out over all."

((EDIT: Hey! She was almost to the hospital pod!))

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4075 on: January 28, 2011, 01:57:07 pm »

((All I need is rest :/))
* Tenshi moans weakly
*Hugs*

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4076 on: January 28, 2011, 01:58:21 pm »

*Ochita's colour turns even whiter.*
"Fine. But until you can prove that your-- HEY!! Dammit, I don't have time to argue! Throw me at her!"
*Ochita turns into a spear, you can tell that he wants to be thrown NOW.*

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: January 28, 2011, 01:59:32 pm »

((Yeees, but our chars had no bloody clue, panic and were putting you in ICU until you decided to "wake up" as it were...))

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: January 28, 2011, 02:00:36 pm »

((Yeees, but our chars had no bloody clue, panic and were putting you in ICU until you decided to "wake up" as it were...))

((What SE said.))

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4079 on: January 28, 2011, 02:01:53 pm »

((Well don't be throwing people at us X3))
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 2023